Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Chicago Friends Thread.....

Yeah how is everyone. I have been really busy since my move to FLorida with the new job. I have been having a lot of problems since my last fill 8/21. I am pb'ing everyday and last week the acid woke me up it was bad to say the least. I finally got a hold of a Dr here but they may not take me. I spoke wiht the Dr assistance and she has to talk to him and they will let me know, but she did say they have to get me in becaus eof the problems. I started back on a complete liquid diet in teh mean time to try and heal teh stomach and see if it helps to get rid of the pain. So far so good. I have lost about 20 punds this month from not being able to eat and pb'ing when I do. Hopefully I can get in soon. I just do not want anything to be wrong.

Lala ~ hope you are doing well. Did you get another fill.

Sonia ~ how is your job hunt going? Any more bites

Mandy ~ How was your trip?

Welcome Newbies

Take care!

hi Amelia! hope FL is going wonderfully! I hope that doc can get you in and take a litle of the fill out!!

i feel like the interview queen! i swear if i dont get anything soon i am going to go back into banking and that will make me cry.

i've been temping in the meantime. thats kinda horrible too but at least its some cash.

i just realized that next weekend is not Oct. =) anyone want to meet up next weekend?

Hi guys, I'm back. The trip was great, I will upload photos later. This weekend sounds great, let me know when and where. ~Mandy

Hi Everyone! New to the site, wish I would have found it early on.

From Orland Park, Illinois and banded on 9-11. Struggling, but pushin on!

Kate:help:

HI again - we messaged on another site - I am from the western suburbs of Chicago too. My doc is Dr Shayani - his Oakbrook office. He's been great. I was banded 1 week ago - follow up appt tomorrow. My port seems to be getting sorer! Nice to hear from someone in the area. Hang in there!

Buckru

HI again - we messaged on another site - I am from the western suburbs of Chicago too. My doc is Dr Shayani - his Oakbrook office. He's been great. I was banded 1 week ago - follow up appt tomorrow. My port seems to be getting sorer! Nice to hear from someone in the area. Hang in there!

Buckru

hi Buckru....

dr. shayani was my surgeon also... and i go to oakbrook too... when did you have your surgery?!?! :whoo:

Hi Jeni,

I was banded on 3/15 at Loyola also, in fact I think you might possibly have been my roomate the the next day in the picu! I am not sure b/c I cant really tell from your picture. I was in the picu (cant remember the room number) but I did have the bed closest to the window. Were you the girl that they put with the diabetic that had to eat all night long? If so I think you were my roomate.

Anyway - I was supposed to have Shayani - started with him and went through all the testing with him. When he decided to quit my insurance wouldnt let him do my surgery so I had to move to Sarker. That whole ordeal set my surgery back almost 3 months. Needless to say I was not a happy girl. It all turned out ok in the end though. I really like Sarker although she doesnt want to see or hear from me unless I need a fill. Have you gone to any of the support meetings? I want to but something always comes up (work usually - I work nights).

I really have to update my ticker. As of today I am 46 pounds down and feeling really good. I do need to exercise more though. I was starving myself for a good month or so and hit a brick wall. I just wasnt hungry and didnt want to eat. Then I went through the everytime I wanted to eat I would either get stuck or throw up phase ( not conducive to making you want to eat). I finally got through that phase and am now losing again - slowly.

Hi everyone else! I have been lurking b/c I have been so busy with my kids activities and them going back to school. I am now ready to start getting active again as I need the support.

Hey Benson,

I am in aurora also. I was banded 3/15/07 at Loyola. I have been a sporadic poster, but am back now. Nice to meet you.

Gina

Hi and welcome to all the new Chicago friends. I hope you will all consider joining us for lunch at Oak Brook Panera. Sat the 29th around noonish? ~Mandy

Mandy I would love to come to lunch Saturday. Unfortunatly my daughter has gymnastics on Sat from 12-2 pm, and my husband works..... no one to take her and pick her up. Hopefully I can come next time.

the 29th sounds awesome to me.

I'm temping at BP and they have my favorite wild bean cafe cappucinos all you can drink for free!!! AAAHHHH. today i had 2! i know i should go walk or something exercise-like but i cant keep my eyes open!

one month and it will be my 1yr bandiversary... weird. where did the time go??

cant wait to hear about disney mandy!!

Sonia, I swear all we did was eat. It was 11 days of food. By day 6 all I wanted was coffee and cackers. I am sooooo sick of food. Never thought I would say that. Really good food, just way too much of it. I also spent 11 days in the sun, with little or no sunscreen and didn't even really get tan. I got some sun on my face and a little bit on the very top of my head. I was so careful with Abi, she got 50spf several times a day. I was lucky to remember my sunscreen chapstick for myself. Guess that's how it goes. I wasn't able to get in the pool because part of my hysto incision came back open, so I had to pack and clean it several times a day. Dave and Abi got in the pool a few times, and used that time to rest, and one day to do laundry. The incision is almost completly better, think that will help my case for the skin removal? It was right in the fold of skin. Now I am just having to keep it clean and dry.

I took tons of pictures, I will bring my laptop to lunch so you guys can see. ~Mandy

I saw Dr Lee Grossbard today. He actually knows my surgeon in IL very well. He knows him and his wife since when they were married. Anyway, he had me drink the stuff so he could see how it was going down and he pointed out that the band was slipping. So he offered to take out a little bit, however he said if he had done my surgery he would take it all out and give my stomach and the band some time to heal. So guess what I told him. He took out all of the fill (5.8). I then asked him if the band would go back into place and he said it was probalby back in place already. So he took me back to the fluro room and showed me that it was back in place. So I am back on liquids for a month until I go back.

Dr Grossbard is good, he has a band himself and has done about 2500 lap bands. He prefers the band and belives it to be safer.

I have to drive 1 1/2 hours to see him but it is worth it.

Anyway, I will be thinking of you guys this weekend while you are getting together. Have fun.

Have a great time!

Hey Mandy--Where did you and your family go? Disneyland by any chance? : ) So you all are meeting on Sun. at the Oak Brook Panera??? Where is that Panera located exactly...what street (s)! I wish you all a wonderful day!

We went to Disney World (florida). The Panera is located at 16th street and Route 83. It is right down the street from Oak Brook Mall. ~Mandy