Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling Like My Surgery Is A LIFETIME Away

I agree with liveoakgal when I decided to go this direction in December I started splurging.

what a mistake it was I am still working on getting that weight off. I am now trying to use the tools that I will need after I am sleeved. Which I still do not have a date for.

I am looking at the same time frame for my surgery and I agree it seems like forever! I have started my medically supervised diet and have scheduled my psych evaluation, physical therapy evaluation, and my meeting with the surgeon. I am hoping since I have to do all of my waiting over the summer while the kids are out of school, it will go by faster. With 2 boys (7 & 10) home all day, every day, they will definitely occupy my time!

I have almost two months to go before surgery... my choice to schedule for july due to a vacation in june. Part of me wishes I had just scheduled it asap.

I am encouraged by the increase in energy I have since deciding to do the sleeve. Im not close to "normal" but getting more chores done and being more productive at work. I feel like its a small taste of my life to come after surgery and I love it!!!

I want to spend the next month or so practicing how to drink slowly, chew thoroughly, not drink with meals, and try preparing the foods I will need post op. So much to do!

I booked a trip to London for my summer vacation. I leave this coming Monday and return the following Sunday (june15). My surgery is June 17 so my wait after I return will be minimal. I am hoping my visit with the Queen will keep my mind of the surgery. Ha! Maybe I'll run into Kate and Will and baby George and I can have a cup of tea with them. That would be good as long as it is decaf... Part of my time in England I will be on my Pre-op diet. Oh dear!

I started this process in November hoping to do it in January but didn't get approval till Feb, at which point there were just too many work conflicts so I had to postpone till June which seemed like FOREVER away in Feb, but it has gone by pretty quickly and is now just over a week away!

I had the same thoughts/struggles as you - should I diet? Should I quit sweets? I didn't decide to have food funerals, but I suppose I did have some, but I did lose a few pounds in that period. The time it gave me ample time to plan or success. I did a course on mindful eating which was great. I tried a million Protein shakes. I bought various things like books, thermos, small containers. etc. I read a ton on this site and elsewhere on pretty much all topics - keys to longterm success, possible complications, and so on.

It will come sooner than you think! Hang in and use the time well.

I just started May 8th, will be a long process for me seeing my ins wants 6mths supervised weight loss. I have had my first support meeting, nut meeting, nut support group, met the doctor, have has the physical therapy eval. Having a EDG on this Tuesday, had a sleep apnea done 8 years ago they are using. Still have to have psy eval, cardiologist exam. Wonder if I got it all in here...

I've been reading and reading every day on here for a week, so many good thoughts and ideas, makes me more at ease and not so overwhelmed with it all. Thank you to all...

I went to my initial appointment last week and have my tentative surgery date of Nov 17th...long way aways due to insurance mandatory 6 month wait time. But it's all good... Very excited about this journey and where I will be this time next year.

I completely know what you mean. I had my first appointment in January of 2013 and was sleeved in September of 2013. What I did was start a blog to keep track of things, work through issues/thoughts I was having, made a "bucket list" of things I hoped to do after surgery, etc. It is kind of like being pregnant. You have something super exciting coming up, but you have to wait and wait. I would say just do as much as you possibly can to prepare yourself emotionally, mentally, and physcially for the changes so that you are as successful as you possibly can be. Hang in there!

Yes I have several things I would like to accomplish once I loss the weight -- things I never could do or felt comfortable to do with my weight. I am looking forward to a lot of things and cannot wait for any of it. Very excited...change is coming.

I started my process in January and I am looking at a surgery date in July. Believe me the time goes by so fast .the last few months seemed so busy with all of my nutrition and lifestyle classes.

At the beginning I made a few small changes so it would be a easier transition and so I would be as successful as possible. Every month I changed one thing and it did not seem so hard . I feel like I have already accomplished a few of my goals . Just a few changes I made were giving up soda , switching to Decaf coffee and going to gym at least 4 days a week.

Edited by nmccarthy

@capiccirillo

Are you going through True Results? I am hoping to have my surgery in November also. What insurance do you have? This month is my second weigh-loss supervised visit. I have already scheduled my Psy eval......sleep study is already done.

I have Oxford insurance. I went for my psychological evaluation and next week is my first nutrionist appointment. I have to make my sleep study and endo appointment which I'm gonna have done in August or September. Monthly visits w nutrionist. Very exciting and can't wait for these next few months to fly by.

I am not sure what true results is???

I went for my first appointment with the Surgeon May 17th and was given a list of things my insurance wants before approval. -Gastro Dr apt -Nutritionist apt -Phycological Eval -Letter of medical necessity -$25 course on ClairtyMD going over the procedure. -Blood work My insurance doesn't require a supervised diet thankfully. I have a 3hr Pre-op class August 12th and my "Tentative" surgery date is September 8th.

Hi I think I may have the same surgery date, good luck on your journey :)

I have my final nut appt tomorrow.. From what my surgeon said once they submit to insurance it will take a max of ten days to get an answer.. Then they will schedule 2-3 weeks out.. I have been going through "the hoops" since January but it seems to have gone fast.. I'm just hoping that these last few weeks go smoothly!