Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleevers feedback wanted!Will I lose my hair after the Sleeve?

Yes, and my hair was already thin. I have been very careful about getting 80 grams of Protein per day, extra Iron daily, and I'm taking my Multivitamins plus extra Biotin, but I started losing hair like crazy at month 3. I only wash my hair twice a week, and avoid brushing my hair while blow-drying, and keep the dryer on low. I do use the Toppix fibers, like others do, and I cut my long hair short to hid the thinning. No one has noticed but me. Who know I had a giant freckle on top of my scalp?

Still, all my pants are size 10 now and getting a little baggy, so the Hair loss is a small price to pay.

I am worried about hair loss after getting the sleeve. I thought this only happened with gastric bypass patients. I read one comment on a sleevers forum about someone with Hair loss and it raised concern. Sleevers please leave feedback and share any hair loss you may or may not have experienced post surgery. I have a long full mane and really don't want to lose I..t. And yet, I am beyond excited for my June 5th surgery that's just ahead...

I am at 5 months and recently noticed just a slight difference in the hair in my brush lately. It is a little more than usual but its not just gonna fall out willy nilly unless u arnt getting enough Protein amd Vitamins needed. Mine is very minimal but i have lost a little. I wouldnt notice it if inwasnt looking for it. Hope this.makes u feel a little better. Good luck and dont stress over it.

hair loss can happen with even non-surgical weight loss, even the "good ole diet and exercise" weight loss.

It's genetic; some people lose more hair than others.

Is temporary Hair loss *really* the deciding factor over whether you have a surgical procedure that will positively impact your health for the rest of your life?

I have more hair in the brush than usual and more tangling and breakage. I just use the Pantene Age Defy Shampoo, and Redken Anti-Snap as a leave-in on the ends, and try hard to be very careful and patient combing it out. My hairdresser notices it but no one else does. If anything (probably from the Vitamins and protein) I get a lot of compliments on how shiny and long my hair is. It sure as hell is thin, though.

I was sleeved on 2/28 and as of Today, 5/30, I haven't experienced any Hair loss. I do take the following Vitamins daily: optisource citrus chewable multi Vitamin 4x a day, Nature Made VitaMelts contains 2500mcg of Biotin and 60mg of Vitamin C, and a sublingual liquid B complex with B12. I eat lots of chicken breast and start my day with an Atkins shake that has 15g of Protein. I feel confident that as long as I take my vitamins and stick to a high protein diet, I won't experience hair loss.

I hate to say it but I am fanatical about getting in all of my Vitamins, fluids, and am always over 80 grams of Protein every day and I started losing hair a few weeks ago. I will survive of course but it is more complicated than just getting your nutrients. Bummer huh?