Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please Tell Me It Gets Better

I'm 6 weeks post op and having a horrible time digesting anything. Nothing seems to sit very well other than Popsicles, Protein Shakes and greek yogurt :-( I get gurgling noises in the throat and cramps in my belly (not stomach - my gut). Any advice?

I'm only less than a week out and am having my doubts too. Still major abdominal pain under my right ribs. Fine if I don't move. I want to move. Stage 2food has lifted my spirits. I put Isopure strawberry powder in my cream of wheat for flavor. I figure that I got in som Protein too. I'm sure we'll feel better as time goes by. Let's hang in there and believe in the encouraging words from our experienced sleeve sisters.

I'm only less than a week out and am having my doubts too. Still major abdominal pain under my right ribs. Fine if I don't move. I want to move. Stage 2food has lifted my spirits. I put Isopure strawberry powder in my cream of wheat for flavor. I figure that I got in som Protein too. I'm sure we'll feel better as time goes by. Let's hang in there and believe in the encouraging words from our experienced sleeve sisters.

. I'm on post op day four. This thread has been a lifesaver. So what if I'm not doing as well as others. I am alive, getting better by the day and looking forward to increasing my intake each day. So what if I only managed 10 oz Water and 11 oz protien shake. It's no where near where my doctor wants me but it was more the. The 8oz water day before.

When is your follow-up visit with your surgeon? I think major pain may warrant a call or visit. Believe me, I'm only a few days out too (a week tomorrow) but I can say that while I did not expect the pain, it has decreased to hurt (if that makes sense). If you are not having any relief, reach out to them. Insurance paid a lot, they can take it!

This is coming from someone that hates to do just what I am suggesting, but the thing is, I keep seeing on the boards such a range from food allowances to pain and it seems like you only really know with your doc.

I do enjoy the read here though, believe me! It is helpful.

Let us know how everything keeps going!

. I'm on post op day four. This thread has been a lifesaver. So what if I'm not doing as well as others. I am alive, getting better by the day and looking forward to increasing my intake each day. So what if I only managed 10 oz Water and 11 oz protien shake. It's no where near where my doctor wants me but it was more the. The 8oz Water day before.

I could not agree more. It is very helpful not to do this alone. I found the boards after my procedure and it is a great thing.

I hadsmy sleeve on May 12th. I cant drink shakes anymore , they go straight through me. I can eat yogurt and cottage cheese. But i really find myself wanting food ! I have tried mashed potatoes but it hurts after 3 bites. Stuck in my chest. I find myself getting depressed and feeling the same way you are ....Am I ever going to be able to enjoy food again ?? Sorry to whine. I am thankful for my decision, just a bad day.

I am 3 and a half weeks out and feel nauseous and nothing sits well in my stomach. I am weak and just plain don't feel good. I feel I may be regretting my decision. I can't imagine living like this.

It will get better I'm three years out no pains or nausea. In a month you'll be reaping the benefits of your sleeve just hang in there.

I'm glad I found thus feed. I was doing so well for the first 5 days drinking liquid just fine then this morning I made a far too rich chocolate Protein Shake and I got sick. It was little painful and VERY scary. Terrible feeling nausea and nervous sweaty.... all over three swallows of a rich drink. I was waiting for the shoe to fall and it did. Now I am short on Water today and only had the courage to eat a little cream of chicken and mushroom Soup. I'm also a sleepy zombie in the day and up all night, just mixed up. No regrets just a little mini misery. Not my happy self.

I'm right there with you. 2 days post op and almost nothing wants to stay down. I'm about to cry from the pain.

Update: Doc gave me a steroid to reduce swelling and I figures out that part of the problem was the pain meds making me nauseated. It's been getting better!

Edited by pjpanda

@@LaurieC

hey bud

its been 4 days since you posted about your issues

how are you doing/feeling now?? :)

inquiring minds want to know ;)

hope things are improving :)

good luck :)

kathy

Still not feeling well. Have an appt with surgeon in the morning. I hope there is something that can help me.

Talk to your Dr. about Zofran. It has worked wonders for my nausea. And my surgeon's response when I told her I was worried about taking medication "you cannot overdose on Zofran" lol! So I was good with that. I was taking 2 every 4-6 hours and nausea went away 100%

Already on Zofran, it is not working. I'm not sure to describe it as nausea or just this constant sick feeling. Have no desire to eat or drink anything.

LaurieC keep sipping. Everyday I am finding my tastes are different. Today it was broth. The first few days I could only do Water and Isopure Grape Frost. Popsiclces hurt too much because I also had a hernia repair. Have you tried sf Jello? I like that and it goes down smoothly. Please keep drinking so you don't get deyhdrated.