Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you miss anything about being Fat? (You're Old Body)

I really loved her story. I have spent much time thinking pros and cons of what it will be like when I lose it all. She gave me a couple I never thought of. My surgery is next week and so my post will have to be continued....

Truth be told, I only miss being able to eat and not feel sick after.

Like, sometimes, I have to lie on my left side, because if I don't I'll get sick.

I'm guessing that sometimes I eat too fast/much, and it's causing discomfort.

I also miss being able to eat huge portions.

However, I wouldn't go back to being almost 300 lbs. I'm almost in Onderland now, and I feel so much better.

@@Pugmadkate

Thank you for bringing up being "Fat Positive" being a confident fat girl myself that has spent the last 5 years of my life surrounding myself with body positive messages and friends, and working towards a body acceptance movement of our own I've found love in myself. I've spent the last years being told that there's nothing wrong with me, I'm just fat and So what?!.

So I guess sometimes I feel like there is a conflicts of interest, but I know in my heart that for my own health (and if I love myself that much) and well being this is right for me and my family in the long run. Just because I'm young and not suffering with complications yet doesn't mean it's not possible later down the line, and I don't want to get to that point.

I just posted something like this on the lap band boards! I have been really into body positivity lately and kind of struggle with feeling like a hypocrite. How do you be happy being fat or Celebrate it even when you don't really WANT to be fat anymore? It's hard to find a balance I think.

In my opinion, there is no conflict at all. I really believe we should love ourselves at all sizes and ages etc. If you don't, you will never find self love even when you are "thin". Self love runs very deep... or not... and you would be amazed at the number of normal weight, attractive women who lack this.

Once you ahve lost weight, you may have excess skin. I am astounded by the numbers of people who seem to despise themselves over that issue. It has been my observation that if there isn't at least some level of self love and acceptance, they are still unhappy after plastic surgery.

love yourself, but make the best decisions to live a high quality life - it was increasingly difficult to live that high quality life the heavier and older I got. People tell me I look 10-15 years younger since losing weight and I feel about 20-25 years younger.

Just do it - get healthy - there is no conflict.

I miss having boobs, a butt, facial fat under my eyes and self acceptance. Before, I was big and knew it. Now I am much more critical of my perceived body flaws.

I myself am pre-op so I don't know what I would miss about being 457lbs other than my breast. I never had a chest until I was going into the 9th grade and everyone thought I had a breast enlargement over the summer before 9th grade. I now wear a H cup and love my breast they are a huge part of me and I was scared that I would not be happy with the way they look after I have my surgery. However after reading some of your posts I realize that yes I will lose my large chest but I will gain a whole new life, and to me that is more important than my bra cup size!

omg this post has been hilarious!! I absolutely love this forum the good the bad and the uglee!!

I don't like all the attention and that's the ONLY thing I am going to miss is being hidden. When you lose weight everyone notices you, like the men will have seen you a million times and will be like excuse have we met? I have a great spouse and I don't like all the attention, stalkers, liars and lurkers approaching me, so for me that is the only thing I miss is being hidden!!