Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Comfort zones, true weight plateaus

Ok so let me ask you both what is stopping you?

What's stopping me is me. As stated, it's temporary. I think all of us, at some point, reach a "tired of it" stage. I've been around long enough to know again, as stated, this too shall pass. I've not changedclothes sizes, still an 8, and I'll continue to do what I need to.

@@Georgia I couldn't agree more. I reach a point once in a while where I just need a break. I have new habits that I've learned, but the old ones are still lurking in there. It's work for me to squelch the old, bad habits. It wears me down some days when the rest of my very busy, overly stressful life takes all of my energy. The one new habit that I've learned, that hopefully will be the thing that leads to continued success, is the knowledge that one bad meal or day or week does not define my future success. I have the power and can exercise it to stay or get back on track after a deviation from usual good behavior :) Yep, this too, shall pass.

I had a small revelation last night. I have always used food to comfort myself when stressed or upset (that wasn't the revelation) and I can still do that but I need to ask myself what will truly nourish my body instead giving in to the junk food craving. Food can still be a source of comfort and self-love. When I eat junk food it's often because I'm feeling bad about myself and it becomes a self-defeating cycle. Food=love is a problem for most of us but I realized that for me junk-food=self loathing. Don't know why it's taken me so long to figure this out. When I'm unhappy about my body (which is how I was feeling yesterday) and I feel that desire to eat junk food I need to realize that it isn't a loving behavior and that I need to pause and ask myself what would truly nourish my body in a loving way. I hope I can change this aspect of my behavior around food. My sleeve has given me tis opportunity. But also, my bad feelings about my body are still with me some days, probably because of bathing suit shopping on Sunday. LOL! But I've always carried my weight mostly around my hips and thighs. I still have saddle bags and lots of loose skin and loose flab on my thighs. It's depressing and makes me feel ugly and old. I don't think exercise will change it significantly and I'm not sure if I can deal with plastic surgery either financially or on any other level. Looking into some non-invasive solutions but I'm dubious about them actually doing anything and they are also quite expensive. So need to love and accept my imperfectness. Gonna keep on trying!

Okay, I'm strapping on my BGP today and hitting it again! Protein first, good choices etc. Pray, Saints, pray! :) :)

I have never been a shake person but Kim told me about these a while back and they are GOOD! Only 2 net carbs and 17 grams Protein. Best thing though is they are soy protein. (Lactose intolerant)

post-108291-0-84121700-1402665227_thumb.jpg

Edited by Georgia
mistyped protein grams!

I have never been a shake person but Kim told me about these a while back and they are GOOD! Only 2 net carbs and -7 grams Protein. Best thing though is they are soy Protein. (Lactose intolerant)

I'm lucky I don't have LI problems so I usually stay with the whey Protein shakes (Premier), but for variety I do use these EAS DARK CHOC ones. They ARE super good. Less thick than Premier. Always good to find a surprise to keep us interested, right??? Glad you found something you like. . .

I am one of those people who really try to practice moderation in eating. I have very few true "red light" foods, although, i do have some that I just keep out of the house, and will eat now and then outside the house.(brownies, oreos, potatoe chips... are devils to me!) I can clearly see I like to "treat" myself to Celebrate, cake for birthdays, LEFTOVER cake from birthdays, when I go out for a fun day, like hiking or kayaking, I bring a little gourmet lunch, especially if I am sharing with someone...a trip to Whole foods bakery really ups the calories. When I had my regain (22pounds) it took place over a stretch of time that I was "celebrating", vacationing in a foodie town, had visiting relatives who brought happy hour with them for 10 weeks.... and then came holidays. I also had an injury that kept me from the gym and dance class. The perfect storm. I took a blind "break" from my moderation, and bang. Eventually I got into a routine (thanks to Georgia who discovered the 5:2), a great support system here, knee recovery, and getting back to moderation. The only way I can judge what is moderate is by weighing myself and writing everything down I eat. Then on days where I celebrate, or cave in to stress eating or find only thing on the menu for a vegetarian to eat is french fries or pasta...I mostly make sure that the week balances out if the day doesn't. I think thats why moderate fasting two times a week(5-600 cals in the evening) helps me so much... as part of a balancing act. I do enjoy celebrating with food, but not so much if I do it every day, it loses its celebratory feel and turns into addiction. I still want to eat it, but it doesn't satisfy anymore. I also have a bounce range that sends me the warning that I need to watch it for a day or three...or a week or three.... not that easy to take those gained pounds off sometimes. But here I am at goal. (admittedly at the high end of the bounce range...but yesterday I went kayaking with my husband, brought a gourmet lunch including pastries from Wholefoods, and then went dancing and out to dinner for veggie sushi for my birthday weekend...) I do get tired of having to keep track so much of the time... but really its a bargain tradeoff for getting and staying at goal...AND I do get to hang out with a bunch of nice ladies and gents who get where I'm coming from....here. Thanks!... and are there real plateaus and comfort zones??? Hell yes!

Edited by feedyoureye

Ooh, yeah!!! What she said ^^^^^