Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wks postop and this is day 2 of constant nausea. I haven't vomited, but I haven't eaten much either. Anyone have any ideas? Regular bm's, no abd pain, no new meds..

I'm in my 5th week also and on my 2nd day of feeling the same way. I just feel like I have a qweezy stomach. Every time I think of eating or drinking anything it makes me feel sick. Maybe its part of the healing process that our body does. I hope it goes away soon!!!

Kristi

Same here! 5 weeks and a day. What's up with this ??? Errrrr

The sleeve was the first surgery I've ever had that I felt no nausea (cept for about an hr following my leak test the day after surgery). Usually I have days (and sometimes weeks - like in my lapband in 2009) of nausea/vomiting. I feel for ya.

Continue to sip Water or Powerade 0. At least ull stay hydrated. I take that back. At about 4 weeks I got really dehydrated and felt nauseous all day. Till I figured it out (iit's a vicious cycle - u can't drink cuz ur queasy, ur queasy cuz ur not drinking) and forced myself to drink Powerade 0. Felt better after about 20 oz. After that, it's important to me to get in fluids (and electrolytes that early on)

Good luck to u!

I am also 5 weeks out and have been nauseous for the past 3 days. I called the hospital today and they said it could be my Multivitamin, so I have to stay off of it and call them back on Tuesday. I hate this feeling, I have to force myself to eat, nothing is appetizing, just the smell of food makes me want to puke. If anyone has advice, I would love to hear it. I was doing fine until now, it's depressing. I thought things were supposed to get better as you go along, not worse. I know

I'm being very negative and I apologize, it's just one of those days I guess. I hope we all feel

better soon.

I'm feeling pretty negative about it too. It makes me regret having the surgery. The nausea gets so bad that I dry-heave...or have to spit out saliva bc I'm too sick to swallow. Ughhhhh. Usually I'm glad I'm not the only one but in this case I'm sorry we're all going through this.

Ohh and I've taken two doses of phenergan and it didn't help at all.

I had the same thing at 4 weeks and it lasted about 2 weeks. My doc had me use mylanta to coat the stomach and not advance my diet. It just went away one day. I hope you feel better soon.

Omg...! I hate that we are all going through this but I came here to post a similar concern. I'm 3 weeks out and the nausea is horrible. No vomiting but I feel bad day in and day out. It's hard to drink or eat. I had to go to the ER to get fluids just yday b/c I was so dehydrated. I'm beginning to have the 'buyers remorse' I've heard so much about. I hate to be negative but it's been a pretty bad week.

I had the same thing at 4 weeks and it lasted about 2 weeks. My doc had me use mylanta to coat the stomach and not advance my diet. It just went away one day. I hope you feel better soon.

Did the Mylanta help any?

Oh no. I am only 2 weeks in. I hope this does not come my way?!?!

Did the Mylanta help any?

It did help a bit. That plus the reglan.

Oh no. I am only 2 weeks in. I hope this does not come my way?!?!

I wish this feeling upon no one, so I hope this skips you also. It's a very bad feeling.

When I took the bariatric Vitamins they made me Sick feeling. I went back to my store brand of tummies and it went away. Make sure if you do this you have the right amount of nutrients.