Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian Bandsters

Praise the Lord fellow saints my name is liz thank you for this special thread. I am at the beginning stages please add me in your prayers

for insurance approval remember we are all of God's special angels.

I pray the lord will bless everyone in health love faith through every struggle in life remember we are all his children. It's all about jesus because he is the beginning and the ending.

Blessings

Liz

I think using the band to help us become healthier,and more active,would not be displeasing in God's sight.It will help us to serve him in other ways(we can get out and spread his word more)And if our body is considered a temple welllllll guess we need it to be the best it can be.Just my 2cents.Stay prayerful and God will give you your answers.

Have I said anything that the Bible does not say about homosexuals or abortion. And as far as bill and hillary the only thing I have said is that when I was in the Navy I served under Clinton and Bush and you were trashmouthing Bush and I stated that I did not respect Clinton and all the imoral things in his era. And as far as courtney love goes thats not what you said and anybody can go read that thread. you said she makes you want to vomit

I agree, you guys need to move past your disagreement so that we can all use this thread as a positive place for Christians to come and talk to one another. Have a great day!

What a great thread to have at our finger tips. The challenging questions about, if I believe and am faithful God would take care of my weight, I belive, worship, praise and humble myself to the LORD my GOD.

I strongly belive that God gives man the knowledge to perform good things to help his children. I have recently because of a post on one of the other boads i read Friday, made the commitment to have the LB, my DH is all for whatever i want to do but wants me healthy and with him. In sunday school today, we talked about the things that non christions take aim at us for. We had targets and each of us put our own sticky note with the shot non christians and christians alike have shot at us. We have to be able to "in Love" have discussions - these discussions help each of us streach and grow in the LORD. I was still not completly sure i wanted to go through with the surgery. In church today i prayed for a sign that i could know in my heart that God was in this. I asked him to take all of the barriors out of the way if i was to do this and to let me see the work that he has done "he knew before i even asked what i needed". When my DH went to the mail box i received LB information that i had requested 4 months ago. Please tell me the odds that that would come in the mail on Friday/Saturday. I told DH - he said there is my sign. your going to have this. He had prayed for God to give him a sign.

So no matter what others may say- I believe that God is in this and that all barriers will be removed and i will live to see another anniversary with my DH.

Could we kindly not turn this thread into just another arguement thread? Please?

You are right, Leatha, and since what's-his-name started the thread, I am going to leave it to him.

My tolerance towards others speaks for itself, and his does, too.

Fellow Saints

The Lord wants us to be healthy that we know for sure so lets begin to pray for the people who has made the decision to have this surgery pray for the ones already had the surgery and the one's that are thinking about it. Let's pray for healthy minds to make the right decison about our bodies it's does not matter who is right or wrong because at the end it will not matter. Father in the name of jesus I thank for the moderator of this thread and the response father God bless this newly christian thread.

Father bless this thread to bring others to christ in the name of jesus.

Protect every member with there struggles including me. Father bless the ones that just had surgery a few days and weeks ago heal there bodies

The ones that are going into surgery this week cover them with your blood put a hedge around them bless the doctors nurse and all medical staff. Because Lord someone needs you this week and this day.

In Jesue Name Amen

Liz

Could we kindly not turn this thread into just another arguement thread? Please?

AMEN! Maybe we should start a Christian-bashing thread, open it up for everyone who wants to bash us, and then never visit there :rolleyes. Just let us have a little haven here please!

AMEN! Maybe we should start a Christian-bashing thread, open it up for everyone who wants to bash us, and then never visit there :rolleyes. Just let us have a little haven here please!

Maybe we should just pray for them, to calm and focus on God the Father and then, remind them of the post and there are a lot that are so fearful of what they do not know/or care to know about they will remove themselves from the post /and hopefully come back wanting to know what it is that is different about the "Christians" and then we will get to do what Jesus told us- go out and make disiples of all nations. I do know that is it so hard to remain polite when getting attacked, each of us that are overweight have/or are getting attacked on a regular basis if not from people, from the movie theater seats that we don't fit in or the places we choose to go out to eat and the booths are too small, but we have to take the high road or are we not just like those that are attacking us?

But i do think that would be funny to start the post and just sneak in/out to see who they are arguing with :bandit

I would like to apoligize once again For actions. I was wrong. It was not very loving(and not what I had originaly started the thread for.)

Hey everyone!! I am a born again, filled with the Holy Spirit Christian who loves God and wants His love to flow through me to others. I am a work in progress, but I know that He will never leave me nor forsake me and that this work in me will continue on. He promises me this!! As a matter-of fact, we can all bank on these promises!! I hope that I can be an encouragement to all on this link. I went to a women's retreat this weekend and I'm definitely refreshed! I thank God for He is a good God who loves us lavishly!!

And He is ALIVE!! He is RISEN!!

I struggled for many years with the extra 100+ lbs. I prayed, I tried, I failed. I had some knee surgeries, a hysterectomy and it hit me that if I don't do something about this weight, I will die. Although, I know my eternal destination (Thank you Jesus), why would I want to continue to destroy what God has made? This is His temple. He lives in me through His Spirit. So, through prayer, research, and the leading of the Lord, I went to Mexico (insurance wouldn't pay) and had the band. I thank God for this "tool". It's not magic folks and if I don't cooperate with it, I won't be successful. But, it's a tool and has so far helped me to get off a great deal of weight. I still have some issues of turning to food at times with stress, etc. and eating junk. God wants me/us to turn to HIM!! This is a daily process and I know that "The joy of the Lord is my strength". I have a ways to go but I will be successful. God is who He says He is, I am who God says I am, and God has a plan for my life. I am a daughter of the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords!! May He be glorified in my life!!

God bless all of you! Let's keep encouraging one another in the Lord!!

Our sermon today was on how we love Jesus. When he asked Peter do you love me 3x, the first 2x he was asking in the Hebrew which means to love with all you are, a "I will die for you love". Both times Peter replied with of course I love you, but the love he used was the Hebrew love for a brotherly love. Finally the 3rd time Jesus asked do you love me, and used the brotherly love. I'll tell you how it sounded in Hebrew but know the spellings aren't right - the first 2x it was agopa love and the reply was filo love, finally the 3rd time Jesus asked in the filo. It was very interesting, leaving us with the question - do we love Jesus with a dying love or a brotherly love? Tonights sermon was on calming the storm. One of my favorite scriptures and always gives me peace.

Our sermon today was on how we love Jesus. When he asked Peter do you love me 3x, the first 2x he was asking in the Hebrew which means to love with all you are, a "I will die for you love". Both times Peter replied with of course I love you, but the love he used was the Hebrew love for a brotherly love. Finally the 3rd time Jesus asked do you love me, and used the brotherly love. I'll tell you how it sounded in Hebrew but know the spellings aren't right - the first 2x it was agopa love and the reply was filo love, finally the 3rd time Jesus asked in the filo. It was very interesting, leaving us with the question - do we love Jesus with a dying love or a brotherly love? Tonights sermon was on calming the storm. One of my favorite scriptures and always gives me peace.

I always thought of John chapter 21 of a Great example of how GOD gives us a chance to repent. Peter denied our LORD 3 times and then he asked 3 times if he loved him. That is why (I belive) that Peter was greived that he was asked a third time. Such great love by our LORD!( By the way John chapter 10 and chapter 21 are my favorites.)

:phanvan Thanks you for starting this thread. I am considering the Lap Band and have definite guilt issues concerning whether or not I am not fully relying on the Lord to give me the strength to conquer this eating disorder without the surgery. Most of my Christian friends feel that if I was truly trusting the Lord he would provide all my needs to replace the need for food. Whats your take?

My feelings - God provided me with the ability and resources to get a band. Believe me, you will still need help after the surgery, and God will be there for you then.

But one verse of scripture say's that if your eye causes you to sin pluck it out. Mark 9:47. I may be just interpeting this to justify my decision. But my minds hunger for food and me giving in to food. Is a sin and if this band will stop that then maybe it is ok.

Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! I really REALLY needed this scripture...Mark 9:43-47, the words of Jesus himself!!!! Good stuff!!!