Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ladies: How much loss 1st week?

My stall started at 2 weeks of liquids!!! Lost 19 and now nothing for 5 days! Surgery was May 1st. Trying to be patient! HW 250 SW 241 CW 231 Height 5' 11"

Edited by Amy373

I'm six days at the same weight :-/ it sucks. I likes seeing that pound disappear every day. I lost 16 pounds in the two weeks postop (before this stall started) and 6 preop. My current weight is 227.6. I'm hoping that this stall will end soon, it's discouraging.

-MM

I lost 11.4 pounds my first week post surgery. 4.9 pounds of that was the day after surgery. That stomach of mine must have been huge! My weight day of surgery was 226. I'm now almost 4 weeks post-op and weigh 206.

I'm down 12 pounds since surgery! I think I had a couple pounds Water weight going into surgery though but hey, I'll take 12 pounds none the less. ;) I was a May 6th sleever (I know thanks captain obvious....lol.)

I had my sleeve on 4/30 and was down 12 pounds the first week. After that I got on the scale a couple of days and there were small gains! I was super discouraged so I decided to weigh myself once a week from now on.

The 3 week stall actually refers to a stall that many of us have around 3 weeks post surgery. If you search it under forums you will find probably dozens of posts about it.

I weigh every day but didn't weigh from my approval date until my first post-op appointment, so I really don't know what the loss was the first couple of weeks.

Well I haven't lost weight since the end of the first week, 2nd week NOTHING, now I'm going into week 3, hopefully I can see a loss this time next week!

I was down 12 lbs on arrival home from the hospital. (2 day stay) I walked a lot...I was bored.

Now at almost 3 weeks out, i'm am 27 lbs down and that's before I start my workouts tonight.

I had a drain in for 2 weeks post op, maybe that helped and that kept me away from any workouts...that thing was extremely uncomfortable.

Thank you for all your input!!! I just went for my post-op checkup and I lost 10lbs since surgery (7days)! I'm "VERY" happy!!!!!!! ????

I lost 3 pre op and 17 post op my appointment was today 8 days after surgery.

Edited by krystle. k

I gained about 10 pounds due to all the fluids in surgery... so I think by the end of the first week i had lost most of that..haha.

I had big losses the first month even with the week 1 gain.

Still no lose 14 days post op! Day 6 nothing!!! And took some #2's on those days! Ha

I'm out one week exactly since surgery. I lost 12 lbs; however, I'm still on a liquid diet so I'm sure that helped, I lost 8 lbs in the week before surgery, so a total of 20 lbs in 2 weeks. I'm pretty sure this will taper down as the weeks go on. I'm very excited for this journey to health!

Well, shoot..you guys are throwing out some big numbers!!

I lost 7lbs week 1. Then stalled for almost 3 weeks a few days later. :huh: