Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved yesterday please help!

@@Indigo1991 I appreciate u so much n ur kind words. I have no support at home. And I feel a shame to even let people know I had the sleeve, because I'm scared they will say I'm lazy that's why I did the surgery.. Which that is not true. I was never full n I couldn't stop eating. So I needed this surgery before my health got worst.....

I am a newbie at this, I have only just started, I went to my first seminar a couple of weeks ago, just got a lot of paper work done, will see the surgeon, the nutritionist, and the psychological dr.all on the 19th of June. then I guess after that I go to nutrition meetings. im not scared as I had a double lung transplant going on 6 yrs. ago. 2 metal plates with 14 screws in my chest 2 yrs. ago, the thing is I love to eat, I love the taste of food. am I in trouble for that????? or can I learn to do the right thing??????? I need a few friends. thank u, Linda

@@Indigo1991 I appreciate u so much n ur kind words. I have no support at home. And I feel a shame to even let people know I had the sleeve, because I'm scared they will say I'm lazy that's why I did the surgery.. Which that is not true. I was never full n I couldn't stop eating. So I needed this surgery before my health got worst.....

We are all here for you! ! There are also some great fb groups for support. With love & hugs to you. Steph

I just walked and drink very iced Water and powerade... and crushed ice cubes...

I am a newbie at this, I have only just started, I went to my first seminar a couple of weeks ago, just got a lot of paper work done, will see the surgeon, the nutritionist, and the psychological dr.all on the 19th of June. then I guess after that I go to nutrition meetings. im not scared as I had a double lung transplant going on 6 yrs. ago. 2 metal plates with 14 screws in my chest 2 yrs. ago, the thing is I love to eat, I love the taste of food. am I in trouble for that????? or can I learn to do the right thing??????? I need a few friends. thank u, Linda

We all started out as Newbies so you won't be one for long. I think most of us love food and the process of eating. It's an addiction, although a socially acceptable one so it makes it harder to stop it. You will learn a lot in the nutrition classes but it takes awhile to put it into practice. Because food is the addiction, the habit, the comforter, the friend, the feel good medicine, and it will take awhile for your brain to work around all these issues. That's one reason the pre diet is so important and so helpful. Once you have had the surgery, it will limit the amount of food you can eat but you are the one who will pick which foods you choose to eat. If you make poor choices, it will affect your ability to lose weight. Get in the habit now of making good choices, like drinking Water or calorie free drinks, high Protein, low carbs, no bread, rice, Pasta or sugar. Old patterns are hard to break, even with surgery, so you have to get your mind on board with this. Surgery is the easy part, the diet is the hard part. You will find lots of support here so we hope you will visit often. Good luck.

Yes, with the help of your sleeve, you can learn to do the right thing. I love to eat, still do - but my love of food doesn't control me any more. I eat out three to four times a week and haven't put a pound back on because I now choose what to eat - food doesn't call to me any more because I look and feel so much better I don't want to go back to what I was - and that's what kept me on the straight and narrow.

You can do this. I know it may not look like it from where you sit but you can - and you will. But you will only get out what you put in so although the sleeve gives you the tool to work with, you still have to put the effort in.

Good luck to you, before you know it, you will be sitting where I am, wondering where the time has gone and admiring what you see in the mirror as you skip around, lol!

WALK WALK WALK WALK!!!!

Okay, Gas X strips do not work for this type of gas. The surgeon explained to me that the carbon monoxide gives you the gas and the pain is when it is in your diaphram. I actually did deep breaths (like natural child birth breathing) and that helped me alot! When I talked to the doctor he said that the breathing would help the best and thats why they want you up and walking so that your breathe more and the gas will exit.

Holly the whole GasX idea never made any sense to me as the gas is not in your GI tract but inside you in between your organs. GasX is designed for gas in your stomached and stomach and/or intestine so I always felt that walking was the best.

Out of curiosity...how does the gas get OUT of you if it is not in your GI track?

I really have no concrete answer to that unless it eventually works out by being absorbed into your blood stream. Maybe some of it will have to go to you GIT but they do t put any gas directly in there.