Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 6th was a life change for me...

I am still pre op, but have read so many posts like yours and am worried myself about how I am going to feel after such a big decision. From what I have read, this is common and you will start feeling better soon and loving your new stomach.. hang in there, you've got this!!

Awww im soo sorry to hear that!! Once your body heal in a few weeks you can go back to eating small meals with your friends..hang in there and good luck dnt give it up!!

I had buyers remorse the first couple week after surgery (10 mths ago) too. Got my hunger back on day 10 and was on liquids for 4 weeks. Coulda eaten my arm. Plus my recovery was a bit rough. I'd come on here to find people who just had surgery who were running a marathon. Seemed like no one was in as much discomfort as I was. liquid Vicodin was my buddy for the first 12 days.

At 4 weeks, I was feeling good again and don't regret my decision at all. While I haven't lost all my weight (10 lbs to goal. I was a band revision so started at 174, not as much to lose), I've been easily maintaining. Every morning when I weigh myself (yes, I'm an everydayer) I expect to gain a couple lbs. It's always the same. The sleeve must be working.

If I worked a little harder, I could take off the last 10 lbs. I'm just enjoying not working and not gaining. The pain and hunger will subside soon and I promise u will enjoy life with ur sleeve. Hardly anyone regrets it after 6 mths or so. Good luck to u!

Thank u guys! It's so hard for me!! Last night it took so much out of me not to cry...... I took my girls out to a bday party yesterday that they was invited to, and everybody was just sitting there eating. And of course I couldn't have nothing they were eating cuz I'm still post-op. Then my oldest daughter auntie said, why u can't eat? I said I had the gastric sleeve done last Tuesday. She said are u that greedy u had to go n do that! And said all this good food n u can't eat! Wish u can eat now huh! When I tell u I wouldn't to take a plate of food n feed her tell she can't eat no more n explode, n while I just stand there n watch her while I sip on my hot chicken broth.....shaking my head at her saying don't u wish u had the surgery too....

Hey, had surgery on the 8th May so very close to you, felt absolutely what the hell have I done for the first two days, but really that's all to do with how crap I felt and the fact that I felt this crap through nobody's fault but my own. At home, not managing much more than fruit juice and Water and its sinking in that I HAVE to sort myself out because this isn't reversible, we WILL feel better and your friends will still be around when you're ready

I'm glad that I've found this page. I'm so miserable right now and I thought it was just me going through it. People I know that have had the same surgery were fine right after but I'm hungry, full of gas and I can't tolerate the Protein Shakes.

I want to eat so bad right now but I know that this rough period has to pass and my eating will only set me back.

Please do not despair! It gets better. Recovery feels different to each of us. I was more sore than I expected but less hungry. Within a few weeks my lack of hunger turned on me. Turns out it was my allergies. If you have had trouble with post nasal drip in your past, consider trying an allergy med to help your "hunger" It may just be untreated allergies. Mine was.

Mine was 7th and I am starving! I thought it was heart burn but meds for that dont help the pains or the shakes. Plus I am so cold.

Hang in there yall. We all had the surgery for a reason or more. Please keep that/those thing(s) in the forefront of your mind. We must learn to retrain our thoughts, actions and desires. We now eat to live instead of living to eat. The sleeve is our tool, friend, constant pal to help us achieve the things we had trouble doing. For me, it was overeating that I needed help with. Although I am only 2 weeks and 1day out, I have changed my focus from food being the center of my life. I have gone out to Breakfast just to spend time with my partner and it did not bother me because the focus was on sharing time and not the food. I know tgat evemtually I will be able to eat again but my tool will be able to help me not overeat if I use it.

I am sorry that the lady at the party was so insensitive with her statement but in my case that statement may have had some truth and thus the reason I got the sleeve was to help stop me from overeating and getting help conntroling the amount I could wolf down.

Please be careful in the choices you make when you decide to cheat and limit those things as much as possible. My go to cheat has been cheeses nips because they pretty much liquidfy. It was not something I am proud of and I know that if I made that a daily go to, eventually that high carb junk food will get out of hand. My biggest fear is going throigh all of this and ending up gaining all my weight back or not meeting any of my goals. I won't be able to blame anyone but myself because I dod not use the gift I gave myself...my sleeve.

I'm so glad I found this thread. I had my sleeve surgery May 7. I am having the hardest time with head hunger. Tonight I gave in and had four slices of garlic bread dipped in more butter. I didn't even chew it well. And I'm not even that uncomfortable afterwards. It's only been about 20 mins though. I really don't want to be fussed at. I just feel like I'm going to be the only one who can't actually do this. I have never been a big sweet eater. I'm so tired of everything I'm allowed to eat on this liquid phase being sweet. Uhg! So confused!

I had my surgery on May 5th and post-op has been absolutely nothing like I thought it would be. Let me start by saying that I'm not being negative just voicing some things I'm going through that are strange to me. For starters, as soon as I woke up in recovery I immediately thought to myself "what have I done to myself"? I can't explain it but I just don't feel like myself, not sure why, can't put my finger on it???? I'm trying to stay positive and do everything that I'm supposed to do. I am walking at a good speed on my treadmill for 10-15 minutes 2-4 times a day. I'm not sure if i should be doing more at this point but I am happy with this and can't wait to get in the gym and really get after it. Now, my concern is that I read all about people not being able to hold down liquids and getting sick, I have yet to experience any of this. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining that I haven't been sick but it seems abnormal not to get sick. I keep thinking I'm doing something wrong or the surgery just isn't working on me. Then again I've lost 30lbs since last Monday. Anyone else experience any of this? Am I crazy??? :-/

I'm 6 days post op and mentally hungry not physically, my mind thinks about food but my stomach isn't quite the same, I miss my favorite foods already but the great thing is I ate about 2 ounces of cream Soup and felt like I wanted to gag, I had to run to the washroom and relieved myself from the other end, things like this allows me to stay in check by knowing that my stomach cant consume to much or I will be sick eventually my relationship with food will be a healthy one where I'm eating to live and not living to eat. That type of freedom will bring much success.

Head hunger!!!! Wow. I just ate 1 cup pureed vegi Soup and I am uncomfortable. I do feel it in my chest. I am so ready for real food.