Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

St. Louis People

Anyone had the procedure at Wash U.? I am scheduled to be banded with Dr. Halpin on 12/28/07. Am still unsure as to what to expect. I am most worried about after the procedure. I'm hoping there will be some education regarding nutrition and diet information at the pre-op. Anyone have any information? I'd appreciate it :)

Imsamiam

I just wanted to let you know that Iam in Florissant and that I have e-mailed you some information on the band.

Chris

We went to the doctor before thankgivings and I gained a couple of pounds but the doctors office did not record the last weigh in when I had the first fill since it was not done at the office. We both had a fill today. I got 1 cc so now Iam up to 2 cc. I hope that this will last a lot longer than the first one. She got 1 cc also. She is up to 3 cc. So will see what happens now. on liquids today, soft foods on Tuesday and regular on Wed. We go back on Jan 7th, 08 and might get a fill the following week. He wants to see us now every 6-8 weeks and then will look at getting a fill. Glad to see that everyone had a good Turkery Day. Now were ready for Christams.

Chris

I was so happy to find this site. I have been thinking about being banded for about 11 months now, and hve made my mind up to do it. I am going to go with Dr. Halpin and Dr. Eagon at Wash U. has anyone had any experience with them? I have so many questions about the surgery regarding everyones personal experiences. My biggest question is.......has anyone gotten sad not being able to eat as much? I come from a big Italian family and everything is centered around food, thus my problem. I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on that.

Also, another question I have is, how long was everyones recovery? I have 2 toddlers so the sooner I am up and around the better. I had my gallbladder removed and 2 cesarians....what would ya'll compare it to?

Jefferson County

280/135 goal

Hi-

I'm in MO also and Dr. Darrin Minkin at Des Peres Hospital, did my band. I'm not trying to sway you or anything; but, if you have the choice, I would consider looking into Dr. Minkin. He is one of the best doctors I've ever had.

I've had several major surgeries and alot of different hospital experiences. Des Peres is the only hospital I've been in that the staff actually acted as though they loved their jobs. Dr. Minkin is one of the most knowledgable doctors I've ever been seen by. His patient care and understanding are amazing. I hope all goes well for you.

Good luck.

As far as comparison, I have also had 2 c-sections (hip bone to hip bone on both). I would not say the lap band was as severe. All of my surgeries have been pretty intense- 2 C-Sections, 1 Complete Hysterectomy and 2 Spinal Fusions( L4-S1 & L3-S1). I'd have to say that this being the least invasive really did help. I think that it all depends on how you recover and your time will be different than anyone else's. I personally was down extra long because I had a reaction to the Morphine and Anesthesia mixture.

Congrats on the best beginning of the rest of your life.:whoo:

Hi all,

I am in St. Louis (downtown area to be precise) I had the band done Dec. 13th by Dr. Wagner. Doing pretty good down 15lbs 1 week after surgery but have gained 3 lbs since coming off the all liquid diet.

No fills yet I get my first fill Jan 23. I want one sooner because I feel i am eating too much for having the lapband? I may be wrong.

Hello to all....

I want to wish every one a successful 2008 and look forward to speaking with all of you !

The scale read down 48lbs today with 52 more to go!!

I'm so glad I found this thread. I had my surgery done by Dr. Wagner at St. Alexius (New Start). I can't say enough good things about him or my experience w/ the hospital.

My surgery was 11-19-07, and I just had my first fill 1-2-08. I am down 24 lbs, and ecstatic! I got to move on to full liquids today on the post-fill diet, and I was unable to eat 1/2 cup of Soup. I am thrilled. I was full and satisfied for more than 4 hours @ work, and I have a pretty physical job (x-ray tech).

Can't wait to hear more of your experiences, and good luck to all of the future bandsters!

Hi All,

I'm going to have the surgery by Dr. Delatore sometime in March. Any good/bad feedback with regards to this doctor?

Are you going through the DePaul weight loss clinic. I am seeing Dr. Scott there. I have heard very good things about both doctors. My pre-op class is January 30.:girl_hug: That is when I will get my surgery date. I hope it will be sometime in February.

:(

I Am Just South Of St. Louis In Jefferson County And I Am Looking Into The New Start Program- Has Anyone Else Had Their Lap Band Surgery Done There And If So What Do You Think About The Docs?

Thanks,

Pattymckean6

Hi Patty.

I went through the New Start program and I have only wonderful things to say about the whole experience. I was banded on 11-19-07 by Dr. Van Wagner at St. Alexius. Dr. Wagner is VERY good. He makes everything very comfortable and he and his office have been very accomodating and helpful, from filing with insurance to some of my post-op questions. There are also nutritionists and nurses that you can call anytime w/ the New Start program. Because the New Start program has attained the center of excellence status, filing with my insurance company was easier. I had an overnight stay @ the hospital, which was also a positive experience. Let me know if you have any specific questions. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about any part of the process through this program or Dr. Wagner and his office staff.

Christi