Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My husband said I am lazy

I am going on 4 weeks post op. I have lose 32 pounds since starting pre op. And today my husband said I am lazy. He thinks I could have lose the weight with exercise and limiting how much I eat. I told him I did not have the Will power. He said we won't be able to go out and enjoy ourselves at a buffet. He has never had a weight problem. He is clueless. I asked him does he think we would have a better time out if I ate 3 plates of food than if I ate a small plate of food. He said no but he's just know getting it. He saw how much I ate tonight. He said that's not enough. I had almost 3oz. 3oz is my limit. My husband is clueless and non-supportive. I am glad we have an online support resources.

I'm sorry he is not being supportive. My husband and I still go out to dinner. I just plain to take home a doggy bag. It is a hard adjustment for couples who use food as bonding and entertainment. Once he sees you can still have fun without over indulging it will improve.

I'm sorry he is not being supportive. My husband and I still go out to dinner. I just plain to take home a doggy bag. It is a hard adjustment for couples who use food as bonding and entertainment. Once he sees you can still have fun without over indulging it will improve

I am sorry you don't have the support you deserve! Just know in your heart that you are doing what is best for your health. Keep your head up and good luck!

You know not to be negative but you have one life. And Elizabeth Taylor had a great life and 8? Husbands

I'm three months out and just getting my energy back. I was lazy after. But just healing from surgery. 3 ounces is perfect. He sounds confused about what he wants. He thinks you should exercise and watch what you eat and lose more weight but is missing a buffet partner? I would be so happy at the buffet to only eat a little. Yeah. And 35 pounds since preop is great. I'm at 35 pounds lost at three months. People tell me I look great and if I mention I'm a slow loser their like...really? He just doesn't get it. For me it's a fantasy come true to only need a small amount of food. He'll get it eventually. Your confidence in yourself is all that really matters. If your confident your eating what your body needs then hopefully he can trust that. It's still really soon after surgery. My daughter was worried about what I was eating the first couple of weeks. I kept telling her I was following my NUTS plan page by page. She could read it if she wanted to. Now she's more relaxed about it. She trusts me more that I know what to eat and how much. It will get better as you heal.:)

Once upon a time..I had a husband who felt the same way your husband. does. Don't feel you have to substantiate anything to your husband ....he should respect your decision . Your husband does not have an eating buddy like he did before your surgery. Change is hard for some of the spouses who has to come to terms with the wls. Keep your head up high and embrace your new eating habits.

I am so sorry your husband isn't being supportive. My husband and I talked about getting this surgery a lot. And I think it is a life changer not just for me but for him too. Thankfully we joke about licking something and being full. I think there is an adjustment period for them too. Good luck and I hope his thinking changes!!!

Funny, I just had a talk with my husband about this very topic this evening. He is also clueless. He says he wants to know about it but when I tell him how he can find out more, he doesn't do anything. I have just started the supervised diet. This is really just the beginning for me but I have thought about it and talked about it for a very long time. I am just resigning myself to the fact that I am on this journey alone. I will be using the board as my support instead of my spouse. I just want you to know you are not alone. I'm really sorry you have to deal with this, though. I'm sure you will be able to find the support you need on this board.

I know my husband is going to leave me. Another 30 pounds and that will be one of his excuses.

Wow!! Hugsssss!

I dont have a husband but i have a bf and a 20 yr old daughter that has to be my best support!! We still go out to eat i just chose healthier meals and i ask for a to go carton up front and 1/2 my meal and eat the other half at the restaraunt...funny he actually love me having leftovers cause he wants to eat them at home later..

Dont feel down that you made a big decision that will help you live longer and be healthier!

I know my husband is going to leave me. Another 30 pounds and that will be one of his excuses.

I know it's easier said as an outsider, but if that ends up being the case, good riddance to bad rubbish! That will give you an opportunity to meet someone who truly cares about you and your well being and wants you to be around and alive and healthy for years and years to come! Because it sounds like your husband misses an indulgent frat brother to sit at the buffet with. A wife, husband, or life partner or whatever you have is so much more than just someone to have dinner with. If that's the deal breaker for him.....go ahead and let the door hit him in his dumb ass on the way out!

I'm so sorry to hear that, especially since you are making such a monumental change for yourself. Some people cannot, or will not, deal with change. They want everything to stay the same. That way they stay in control. This will all work out for the best for you, I'm sure. Change is difficult, but freeing! Hang in there.

Sorry your husband is not supportive..maybe just a little jealousy that you are looking good.

My husband has been very supportive since I made the decision to do this. I'm just on week 3 (tomorrow). We ate out yesterday and I ordered off kids menu and it was perfect. Didn't finish that.. I have been walking 2 miles a day hoping the inches come off a little quicker. We are all on this journey together and I wish you all the best...

Happy Mother's Day to all you fabulous mother's