Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Friends, I need some guidance.........

Hi Everyone, I was banded June 25th, 2013. Lost 40 lbs the 1st 3 months and then my husband and I separated and been down hill ever since. Not sure how to get back on track. Hopefully, someone with some experience can help me. Thank you in advance. Susan :)

Sorry to hear about your separation..... A huge life change going on while you were trying to change your life, that's for sure. I've read numerous times that the band is there to be worked when you're ready to work with it. If it were me, I'd get back into the doctor's office for a nice long visit, and see where I'd stand as far as fills ago. Then, I'd get back to band basics..... Regularly scheduled fill appointments. Maybe go on a week of liquids. Up the Water intake and the exercise routine. Log onto a food diary, like MyFitnessPal. Cut out the carbs and the crappy, refined foods. Recommit to living a day at a time. Continue reading posts from this site, and reaching out like you're doing now. Look at it as a DO-OVER. Time to focus on YOURSELF! Best Wishes!

Suzanne,

This is just my opinion and others may have a different view BUT if this were me I would start at the very beginning with the pre op diet you were instructed to do by your doctor, then progress to the post op diet stages that you were given by your doctor (maybe not for the same amount of time), but just to get you back into that right frame of mind. I think this would also jump start your progress, then or maybe even before doig this I would schedule an appointment to see my doctor and see what his or her thoughts are regarding the amount of restriction you have etc. and make this a regular thing for a few months just so that you are being held accountable again and have someone to guide you through the process.

This is a new start and you can do it. Just focus on all of the positives that come with feeling great and being healthy; this will also occupy your mind from the other things going on around you that may not be as positive.

You can do this! I wish you all the best.

Wow. So sorry about the separation. I suspect you are eating purely based on emotion. If yes, you will just have to change it. Structure is what I suggest. Go on myfitnesspal and enter everything you are putting in your mouth. If you don't weigh out your food, start doing it. If you pre-plan and stay structured this way, it will probably be easier to say no to food you shouldn't eat, and the amounts as well.

Good luck and let us know how you're doing.

Suzanne,

This is just my opinion and others may have a different view BUT if this were me I would start at the very beginning with the pre op diet you were instructed to do by your doctor, then progress to the post op diet stages that you were given by your doctor (maybe not for the same amount of time), but just to get you back into that right frame of mind. I think this would also jump start your progress, then or maybe even before doig this I would schedule an appointment to see my doctor and see what his or her thoughts are regarding the amount of restriction you have etc. and make this a regular thing for a few months just so that you are being held accountable again and have someone to guide you through the process.

This is a new start and you can do it. Just focus on all of the positives that come with feeling great and being healthy; this will also occupy your mind from the other things going on around you that may not be as positive.

You can do this! I wish you all the best.

I agree that this would be a good start. By the time you finish preop and post op diet you wuld hav some idea if a fill is what your need. Start your journey all over.

Sorry to hear of your separation….life happens even as we try to lose weight.

I had a death in the family (my FIL) and the stress of everything plus all the food coming in really sent me in a tailspin and eating all the wrong things and lots of them. Every day for several weeks I kept telling myself today was the day I would be better…and it wasn't…and it took those few weeks for me to realize that I did NOT want to go back to where I was before with weight gain or with letting food control me.

And when I realized that, it just came together for me. And now I am back on it and feeling good about myself.

Unfortunately when emotions are involved it is a very personal experience and the only one who can make that decision to get back on track is YOU! And that stinks….support is nice but that didn't stop me from eating ice cream and lots of other crap.

I made a side by side picture of myself at my heaviest and now and hung it in my bathroom and on my frig. That helps at times…..

Wishing you peace and lots of luck with it all….

Edited by chasingadream

Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much! I'll follow everyone's advice because all of it is great. I will definitely sit down and write down everything and start from scratch and keep everyone posted. Again, I truly appreciate the support and look forward to moving ahead. xoxox

You are ready now, that's what's important. Choose yourself first and watch your healthy future unfold. Best wishes to you and congratulations for saddling up. You can do this! The band is there to help but it needs to be adjusted properly. No sliders. When I find things in our house that I am going after, that tells me two things. One, I need to consult with my doctor and two, that food needs to be out of the house for now. Glad you're here on the forum!

I've been doing good. Started to exercising again and eating well proportioned meals. Definitely, the exercising changes how I feel immensely. I have a final today and now, I'll have more time to focus. Thanks again everyone. Happy Monday! :-)