Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Raging against a Regain

Eating too much? Maybe not the right things?all of the above. This looks like one of my worse food diaries to date. I'm physically active, but it's not enough. I've regained. 8 lbs in one month. I've lost 110lbs& have maintained at about 135lbs for 8 months. I started the minipill birth control last month. I keep saying it's all head hunger, but I feel ravenous. I can eat so much more than I could since being sleeved back in Nov 2012. I get hungry& light headed every few hours. I'm thinking of doing all liquid diet over the weekend. Since I switched jobs I'm exposed to constant take out ordering, candy, & am less active at work. I'm stressed. I started working in ICU, people are kind of catty & conservative. I feel like I have a lot to learn& can't sleep sometimes thinking I may have made an error. I sleep maybe 3-4hrs per day. Personally, I'm stressed/depressed about being a 31 yo single woman. It sucks. & my single friends are actually in relationships right now. My sister moved in with me over a year ago & is kind of irresponsible, sometimes doesn't pay me for rent, & often invites people I don't know to live with me despite constantly telling her I'm not running a halfway house. Grrr. I know these are all excuses, but I feel like admitting my problems is better than eating my way through them. I'm not usually vocal about my problems. I'm open to any suggestions. I just feel I'm at my breaking point.

post-131063-0-64863400-1399531504_thumb.jpg

post-131063-0-07993900-1399531509_thumb.jpg

post-131063-0-49374200-1399531513_thumb.jpg

I think it's stress, not enough sleep, and could be the birth control pills. Let's be honest, you are doing great, but you do have to stay on course the rest of your life. If you can afford it, go get a massage or something you would find to help relieve stress! God Bless!!!

I can relate to some of your stresses. (((Hugs))). Hang in there... Maybe another form of birth control could help.

Thank you both! I was really scared. I feel like it's a slippery slope& I know most ppl regain.

Stress and lack of sleep both can pack on pounds. You are going to need to figure out how to change something or how to manage the stress better. Be selfish and put your needs first.

Also, getting in a walk to clear your head might help if you can get a break. Best of luck to you. You have recognized you have a problem and that is half the battle.

A therapist could help you, preferably one that works with bariatric folks. Hope you feel better!

I agree that it sounds like stress eating, try and do something that helps you relax, it sounds like you help everyone else, and you need to care for yourself as well. Good luck!

I am betting stress as well so it is time to find something that will help relieve the stress. Looks like you are working out so that is good which is usually a good stress reliever. The only thing I am surprised at is how much you are able to eat. Looking at your log you are able to eat so much more than I can. Maybe it is because you are further out than me but it seems like a lot.

I hope you are able to find some way of getting the stress out!

Edited by indecision

You need good sleep, are you working nights? Tell your sister your home is your sanctuary, no one allowed without your approval, ever! Set those boundaries girl!!! Make your emotional, and physical health a priority! Do a pouch test to reset your eating! You've done it before, you can do it again!

You can say to the others that have parked themselves, "This is my house, you are not welcome here. You have to leave." If they don't, tell the police these people have broken in, that they are squatters. The police will remove them. You'd have to prove/show documentation to the police that the house is yours (i.e., lease). From a practical point of view, find the time your sister is someplace else. Get a locksmith to change the locks. Don't give the sister a key. You don't need this! I hope this helps you calm down and relax!

Thanks guys! I know what my stressors are, but I had to really try to counter them with something other than food. When I'm fatigued, my body says give me some quick energy (bad carbs). I'm trying to take naps& get more regular sleep if possible. I'm more active than I've ever been. I exercise at least 3x a week for an hour on a tread climber& walk one hour a day. I don't think 800 calories a day is do-able limit anymore. I'm back trying to substitute veg or fruit for simple carbs. My home life &interpersonal relationships are still troubling, but I'm sure it could be worse. I need to work on more direct, assertive communication over trying to please people. I don't know if I can kick my sis out. I did lose 4lbs.

Thank you all again for your help! I was in a dark spot& you all were there for me.