Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

All of the talk of nuts and things that we can and can't eat....made me get up and have chips and spinich dip (I was at my moms)....chips go down soooooooooo easily!!!

I tried to eat half of a southbeach pizza (high protein). It got a little stuck. I had a pb episode...sat up a while and then took a nap. I was awakened by "something" coming up and feeling as though it was going to come out of my nose (gross)

Has this happened to anyone?

We are all completely nuts.

Now if insubor can only manage to eat 4 nuts

I can eat some nuts just fine (walnuts, hazelnuts). Just not macadamias. Go figure. I just had a fill too. Last week I could have eaten 12 or so but definitely not a can.

It is odd how people can eat some things and not others. I always thought that it's all about the biting/chewing technique but bread and not salad, that's odd!

It is

Hey guys, I just read three pages, I did not get to be on for a couple a days, and you all went NUTS!

I think that nuts are a good source of Protein, and are good for you BUT that is if you can eat like 2 Tablespoons!!! Who the heck can do that! Dan, I am afraid until we are more in control of our binges, that the nuts should be a redflag and not around if you can help it.

I am big chip and salsa craze, which go down just fine. I am not buying them anymore! I can't control myself.

Dan I agree about how the band works for one food for one of us works different for another. Also, I found like others, one day I can eat a salad and the next day I can't. I don't even try bread. I can eat Pasta, slow and easy. I can't eat lunch meat anymore? it is all weird and unpredictable. When I feel the food stuck, or tight going down, I stop, wait for it to pass and then eat the rest very slow and chew small bites. If it still does not work, I don't eat it. I have yet to Pbing? Sometimes I wonder if that is good or bad? HAHA!

I was to have a fill today, #4. But I had to reschedule due to work. It is now on November 27, after Thanksgiving. Which may be better. I feel I need a tiny bit, just to get the full feeling that some of you have after a few bites. I can eat more but do get full about a cup. I just want to be sure to have the feeling to stop, but not to the level of pbing all the time?

well, back to work today! You all have a great day. Can you beleive we have one month to our 6 month anniversary!!

Mmmm chips and salsa!! I had that last night! I think I ate an entire basket of chips!! Ack!! With the really good white cheese sauce... Uh... And 1/2 of a very large chicken and bean burrito. Argh! And yet earlier in the day I'd had trouble eating friggin broccoli. WHY can we eat the bad stuff, but the GOOD stuff is hard? Maybe thats why they say to eat the meat and veggies first? Lol. Oh well. Yesterday is DONE and I can make good choices TODAY!

Tortilla chips are definitely my downfall. I don't buy them anymore and we are forbidden from going to mexican restaurants!

I PBed for the first time yesterday on a piece od raw broccoli! What the hell? I was trying to eat something good for me! Anyway, it was certainly not a pleasant experience.

Danbo, as for your "perfect" size, everyone is different. The BMI is an equation that represents the majority, but I seriously doubt that it is the perfect figure for every single person of your age and height. If you are comfortable with how you look and feel and you are healthy, then stick with what works for you. You've come so far in your weight loss, did you ever think you would be debating over a difference of 20 lbs? :eek:

Ugh I can eat anything...I mean ANYTHING and I am so mad at my band and me. I have gained back the 10 pounds I lost last month. I can't get in for a fill until after Thanksgiving, and she'll only give me .02 cc from now on, so it's going to take about 5 fills to get back my restriction. I'm so pissed off right now....maybe that's why I'm eating.

I'm happy for everyone who's doing well and whose band is working like it's supposed to because that's the greatest feeling in the world!

Hang in there, Rhonda. I've had 4 fills and only on the most recent one do I feel like I have restriction -- I haven't lost weight in 4 months because I have been able to eat anything. Finally I went into my doctor's office and insisted that he be more aggressive. Now the scale is slowly moving again. If your doctor isn't giving you what you want, go to someone else. You have just as much say in this as your doctor does.

Rhonda,

you and I were in the same boat a couple of weeks ago. If my memory serves me correctly, you got an unfill. (Is this right?) I'm schedule for a fill tomorrow....don't know if I'll get it.

It's the strangest things...I can't eat much....but the scale isn't moving....Probably eating less than 600 calories a day....I don't know what to do.....Currently I weigh 220lbs. My goal is 199 by Jan 1.............................Don't know if I'll make it, but I'm trying. Heather said to get "more"---but I don't think so....I'll let you know what happens after my visit.

That sucks Rhonda. I gained last month too and it is so demoralising. A new fill sorted me out. I can tell I've lost again but I haven't weight myself because I'm under a lot of pressure at work right now and a weight fluctuation would make me snap. I'll weigh myself for the last day of the Thanksgiving challenge and that's it.

Can't advise you BBaby. I don't think I have ever eaten less than 600 calories. I can't imagine cutting down more than than. I reckon ask your doctor for advice.

Janine, you are right. There is only 1 month to go until our 6 month bandiversary. Rememember that many of you have promised photos - myself included. I'm going to wait until the last possible moment to take them 'cause I want to be able to see the difference.My face and thighs have shrunk a lot. Not so sure about my arms.

Hey, I have never told you guys my name. I like being referred to as Insub on here but, if you're curious, my name is Ann.

I can't wait to see some of your pictures next month.

Hey BB...maybe you aren't eating enough? Sometimes when that happens the body goes into chipmunk mode and hoards it because it thinks it's starving. Can you try adding another Protein Shake or something that you won't pb on to boost it a little and see what happens?

Nice to meet you Ann....my name is Elisha. :bounce:

Owwwwwww.....my chest hurts! When will I learn that an egg roll (even half of one) does not agree with me???? :faint:

Sorry, I just needed to whine for a second. I'm all better now.

Hi Guys it's been months since I posted, I got really down about the whole thing and decided I was unhelpable. I have had 7 fills and now I think the restriction will get some fat moving. I can still eat some things to excess (CHIPS!!!!) but meals are definately smaller and I have to do the small bites and chew well or I am in a world of hurt. It's weird to go somewhere and order the smaller serve or half of something and actually mean it!!! I have lost 13 kg since June 27 so I won't win any contests but I am grateful for that loss. I am going to try to hang around here and talk to you all, so glad you are still talking. Marga