Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Oy... violent PB... do not eat the Hot Pocket Calzones... I ate 4, maybe 5 bites of one and woo-eeeeee was it ever painful. my whole head hurts. Eh... I didn't need to waste 330 calories on 1/2 of that un-nutritious crap anyway....

Karla, Welcome---You are doing terrific. I was banded 1 day before you (June 18th) and weighed 2lbs more (262)....I'm down to 220 and you're already down to 200lbs....WHAT ARE YOU DOING????????????

O2B--are you still too tight?

The site is back up! The site is back up! The site is back up!

I swear I have major withdrawls when its down for long!!

Hi! I was banded June18, 2007 and have lost 68lbs. 20lbs was before surgery. I was filled twice. The second time I didn't feel restriction until about 2 weeks later. I'm learning to eat slower and chew more. I have had PB and they do hurt. Don't want that to happen if I can help it. What is so strange is I can eat popcorn and have no problems, but meat gives we problems.

suzzzie. Hey Girl I received my Body Bugg in the mail. I'm psyched now. I tried adding food I consumed yesterday and that was a long process hopefully will get easier. I'm off to gym now to try the bugger out will let you know thanks for the encouragement your great. Sheila

Karla. welcome. These people on this site are awesome I have learned soo much You are doing great with your weight loss. I envy you. Keep up the good work

Sheila

Steffanie hope your weekend was great you definetly deserv it girl. Take Care.

Sheila

Cblancha9, I can relate to the popcorn thing. I told my doc that i could eat it all the time. and he told me to stay away from it. so I have. I talked to anither girl in my group and she sid the same thing she could graze all dday on popcorn no problem. So were all the same in that respect. I started eating dry roasted almond only 10 but the fill me up.And I hear there a great anto-oxident. good luck Sheila

O2B--are you still too tight?

Baby, I had to get a 1.0cc unfill and was still pretty restricted. Now I'm feeling it let up quite a bit. From now on, my fill nurse will only give me .02 at a time.

What was up with this site for the last few days? I couldn't get on here.

Suzz, I haven't hit my cal burned goal once. The closest I got was about 350 away. Grrrrr! How do you do it? My target is 3000 and my calorie goal is 1350. My counselor should be calling me today...I hope. So many of us getting "bugged!!" tee hee

Rhonda - Your deficit is based on how much weight you are trying to lose per week. I have mine set to lose 3 pounds and my deficit is 1500... so yours is set way higher than that! You KNOW its not healthy to lose too much too fast! Drop your goal down to 2-3 pounds. And basically you can eat as many cals as you want, as long as you make your deficit you're good. My BB coach re-set my intake to 1950 cals intake, 3450 burned... I only eat about 1000-1200 a day though, I don't care what she says! Lol. And I don't care to hit that new target of 3450, cause I just want to reach my 1500 deficit and I'm good with that.

As far as ways to help you burn up them calories... do you check your daily steps? I do not go to bed untilI have my 10000 steps in a day! So I'll be watching the 10pm news in my jammies walking in place. Lol. Its gets your steps in and burns quite a few calories...

Ok so I've kicked major booty today!! WHEWWW I got up this morning and did 15 min Elliptical 45 min on treadmill UGH THEN Hubby and I came home and cleaned out 2 HORRIBLE closets!! Now I'm totally pooped and ready for bed!! YAWWWNNNNN Ya'll have a good night!!

Bigbaby ~ I had my surgery in Ypsilanti, Michigan and basically follow the same diet as gastric bypass patients. I don't count calories, but I count Protein intake. I have to eat a minimum of 59 grams of protein a day and no more than 2 grams of sugar per serving is allowed. I get the feeling that everyone's diet is different based on the doctor. According to my surgeon, my results are not typical, but I was obsessed with this when I started. I just started snitching a bit, but within reason.

Question for anyone ~ How do I get my pictures on this site? I'm not into all this technology and it's driving me crazy. It's probably easy and my 10 year old could probably figure it out, but I really want to share my pictures with the group.

Karla:clap2:

Hello. I have been off line and busy with life. It is so good to see all the progress everyone is making. I am feeling a little bummed because I am holding steady lately. Up two pounds, down two,etc. I think I am at the right restriction, because I will get food stuck, etc. I feel like the cravings are coming back as well. My weight loss now is 38 pounds, but none in the last few weeks. Any suggestions?

Surgical Weight Loss 5 Day Pouch Test

I got this from obesityhelp.com - only because I couldn't get on here! I hate when this is down.

I know most of you aren't country music fans, but wanted to share my brushes with singers today. I am in Nashville, staying at the Hilton downtown - which is right next door to where the CMA awards will be held Wed. This is "CMA week" in Nashville, so all of the stars are doing radio interviews. Most of the radio stations are set-up in this hotel. I was waiting for my car this morning and in drove Josh Turner and Taylor Swift. When I got back from work tonight Terry Clark was in the lobby. I am a huge country music fan - but to old to go gaga, so I just passed on by, but it is fun. I heard Kenny Chesney was supposed to show up sometime, so I am glad I am checking out tomorrow - I am sure there will be a lot of screaming women for him. Some one told me Keith Urban was in earlier, sorry I missed him - he is CUTE.

Karla - you will have to upload your photos to a website like Photobucket.com, then you can paste a link from there.

Rhonda - Your deficit is based on how much weight you are trying to lose per week. I have mine set to lose 3 pounds and my deficit is 1500... so yours is set way higher than that!

Suzz, mine was set at 3.25, now it's at 3.0. My burn target is now down to 2800, so that should be more do-able. She put my cal target at 1150 instead of 1350. She showed me a bunch of stuff on the site...it's soooooo coooooool!! I'm psyched!