Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Rhonda, I also can eat anything. I have had a few things get stuck where I PBing. And I hate/love the feeling. Sounds strange, I hate it because it hurts so darn bad but I love it because it's the only time I even know I had weight loss surgery. I hear some people talk about some foods they can/can't eat the only time sometime something get stuck for me is when I eat to fast or don't chew. I think we just need more fills.

I agree that the pain is a love/hate thing. It's the only thing that keeps me in line. I was a chew twice and swallow person before this surgery. Now I have to remind myself because I hate having that terrible chest pain. It really only happens when I eat too fast. I am afraid of a few foods. Grilled cheese is a no no for me ~ ouch!

I am still glad I had the surgery. My husband is finally saying things about it ~ I guess "Where's you butt going?" is a positive compliment. Especially since he fought tooth and nail that he didn't want me having it done and wasn't going to take me.

PS. My bodybugg is being delivered tomorrow ! :whoo:I can't wait!

REAL NAMES!!! Yay! Ya know, I was thinking, when we get to Las Vegas I'll be calling everyone by their LBT names cause I won't know the real ones! Lol. I'm Suzanne, but seriously, ya'll can stick with Suzzzie. (2 of the 3 z's are silent, Lol!)

food food food!

Argh!

Today was good... until I got home. OK, really, I've only eaten about 1100 calories today, maybe 1200... but I feel very full and bloated. I'm sure some of that is leftover from all of the sodiu, that was in my Mexcian binge last night.

I skipped the gym last night, and toinight. Ugh! I did however walk 8 flights of stairs 4 times up and down yesterday - and 2 times today. So I feel OK with that. I'm off work tonmorrow so I plan on walking 3-5 miles and then I can go to the gym tomorrow night to do my arm/leg machines. I need to start working more on toning! I feel like a total cardio whore.

OK,. bedtime for me.

Ignore my typos. I'm tired...

Let us now how you get on with the BodyBugg Karla. I don't know if it's suit me. I'm more of a 'head-in-the-sand' type person.

Nice to meet you Geneva and Elisha. Great names! I'm sure I'll forget 'em by next week however.

PS Marga, it is awesome to have you back (and 13kgs lighter, not-too-shabby my friend). I can understand why you got the irrits with 7 fills. Let's hope that you have now hit the spot where you will lose.

The reason I'm getting .02 fills is because I've been shut down twice...water won't go down, can't swallow saliva, etc., both of these episodes occuring three days after a fill that was perfect. So my fill person (ARNP) thinks I'm extremely sensitive.

Question for all of you: what do you eat 2-3 days after your fill? Could I be attempting solids too soon? Does anyone have this same problem of getting too tight?

I had an emergency unfill of 1.0 cc by a doctor under fluoro in September. A month later, filled to my "sweet spot", 9 days later (suffering) I had an emergency unfill of 1.0 cc....to the point I could unswallow. My fill before that had been .06. I had to have an unfill that exceeded my previous fill, just so I could swallow a teaspoon of water! What is up with that?

Now a couple weeks later, I have no restriction.

Okay, enough of my fill vent!

Gahhhhhh! Anyone on my bench?

DannyBoy, I'm with ya......we need fills!!!! Get one. Btw, how tall are you?

Hotty, I wanna believe!! I get to the point where I'm restricted, but I can eat more than I want, maybe 3-5 tacos...then I complain to my fill person that I can eat 3-5 tacos and don't want to be able to....and she gives me that fill....then I am....gak.....closed off. I try to tough it out, get dehydrated, about to pass out......hubby gets worried...and I make the trek for an unfill...so depressing. How do you feel after fill? Are you too tight and then you loosen up? How did you get to the point you are at now?

Suz....we need to talk about our Body Bugg! Either you're burning calories in circles around me or I'm over-obsessing about my intake. Either way, I'm not logging in food right now. Now until I get control of my weight gain.

Gawd, Stef...where have you gone girlfriend, I miss ya!

I am very happy so I thought I would share with you all. I went in for my first fill since my port revision in September. I am down 75 pounds! I was also excited that they found my port okay and did the fill with no problems. I hope the fill works because since I have been working out so much I feel like I am always hungry and can eat more than 1/2 cup to 1 cup.

o2bthin: I am just 5' 8.5" I am pretty short. I think I might be at a pretty good weight right now. but I keep saying to myself " you could lose more" but really I feel good about how I look and feel. I went from a size 46" to a 32" and I shirt size from a XXL to a M so I really I have no reason to me complaining. It's like today I ate really well till about 6:30PM and I sat I ate a bunch of Party chic wings. I did not do all of this to be able eat what ever I want. I have lost weight in the past and I am freaked out I am going to put it back on like I did in the past. I already see myself slipping a little as far as what I am eating. And I am having a hard time getting my Doc to do another fill becasue of my weight loss so far. I think I have to stop working out and put weight back on in order to talk him into doing another fill. (I would never do that) thats what I think sometimes.

Suz....we need to talk about our Body Bugg! Either you're burning calories in circles around me or I'm over-obsessing about my intake. Either way, I'm not logging in food right now. Now until I get control of my weight gain.

Gawd, Stef...where have you gone girlfriend, I miss ya!

Stef is in Vegas with her hubbby.

If i don't work out at all I'll burn 2300-2700 cals (depending on if I had to work or not.) On days I exercise I burn 3200 - 3600. Today I walked 5 miles and so far (at 9:40pm) I've burned 3273... so my day should end with about 3600 burned. Its the exercise that makes all the difference.

On days I choose to not work out I will lower my intake to less than 1000 cals. Otherwise I will eat about 1200 - 1500.

O2B---I had an appt for a fill today--but I went in knowing that I was not going to get a fill....still unable to eat much. After describing what was going on...they had me to do a barium swallow. The liquid was trickling through--too tight--ugh!!!!

My last fill was .4cc so they took out .2cc......I made them show me the needle so that I COULD SEE how much they took out....I don't want to eat the whole turkey!!!!

After fill directives: 2 days of liquids and 2 days of soft food then back to solids.

I am very happy so I thought I would share with you all. I went in for my first fill since my port revision in September. I am down 75 pounds! I was also excited that they found my port okay and did the fill with no problems. I hope the fill works because since I have been working out so much I feel like I am always hungry and can eat more than 1/2 cup to 1 cup.

Wow Nvalicia!! You are rockin' and rollin'!!

congratulations.gif

Ugh - I had my first PB :P I ate the same thing yesterday just fine! I experienced my first sliming episode last week. I guess I started getting complacent on the rules and not chewing like I should.

How long should I stay on liquids after a PB?

wombat I have PB a few times and I wait till my next meal 5-6 hours most the time. I tend to wait longer if I PB for a long time. I have had them last for 15mins and up to 3hours. It's funny the days I slime are the days I eat well because I am freaked out it will happen more.