Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

I know that eating 2-3 bites is too little. I can't do that and don't really want to do it because I know it's unhealthy. However, I don't think that I should be able to comfortably eat an entire stuffed chicken breast. :)

I was finding it hard to gage how much to eat because I don't have restriction (that I can feel at least). But it really helped to see the portion sizes of what I should be able to eat.

Hi,

Thought I,d check in and tell you guys that I have started my round the world trip. Today I climbed a snow capped active volcano in Pucon,Chile. Pretty cool. Hope you guys are well. Will catch up on the thread.

Hi,

Thought I,d check in and tell you guys that I have started my round the world trip. Today I climbed a snow capped active volcano in Pucon,Chile. Pretty cool. Hope you guys are well. Will catch up on the thread.

Thats so awesome Insub! I'm jealous of you!!! I hope you are taking lots of pictures to share with us whenever you get the opportunity!

Beckit--that sounds really good!!!! I still make the peanut-butter choc shake that Steph told us about....not often, but it's my favorite.

Our little once vibrant thread is really dying...is it because we're all so busy, have gotten use to the band, or is it that we're not losing...thus not posting....I think i'm going to get a tiny fill next week. I can eat more than I am suppose to--I rationalize this by saying "My body needs food--If I don't eat, I'll be unhealthy"--

I know that there are some who eat a few bites and that's it. I probably could do that, but it seems so unhealthy. what do you think?

At any rate, LOVE TO YOU ALL!!! This is tax-free weekend in Texas. Happy shopping !!!!

I'm certainly not losing! As a matter of fact I'm back up to 304 from my early May low of 270-ish. THe gain really shows and I'm so depressed by it. I really need to go in for another fill...

In other news - I got a puppy on the 8th. He was 10 wks old at the time, so he's 11 wks now. He is a Lhasa Apso/Poodle mix, I got him for free off of craigslist. I was looking online at the shelters, and saw a few I was interested in, but someone told me to check graigslist and I found him and fell in love... of course, for me a free male animal always ends up costing me an arm and a leg! On Friday morning (exactly one week since I got him) we were outside on the leash for a 'potty' and he got curious about a stray cat. I was holding him back from her - about 2-3 ft - when she jumped forward and attacked him. He took an entire claw fully into his right eye. A few hours, and over $1000 later my 'free' puppy was recovering from emergency eye surgery. He still has light sensory, but may not have full vision once recovered... only time will tell. He hates the eye drops we have to do 4 times a day... I usually try to get him while he is sleeping. Poor pup has to wear one of those lamp shade looking collars so that he doesn't scratch the stitches in his eye.

Anyway. So I"ve been pretty busy with him. And, obviously eating. Garrr...

Suzzzie I can relate to your weight gain. I have not lost any weight in such a long time. I have gained just a little bit of weight and it is so hard to take off. I am not exercising so I know that is one of my problems. I do not choose all the right food. I like junk food too much especially chocolate. I am at a point now that I almost wish I did gastric bypass. I don't feel like I will ever get to my goal weight. I realize that the band is just a tool. I need a little butt kicking around here. I don't even look like I have really lost any weight. I can still fit into all my clothes from pre-surgery. I am down 40 pounds and that is it.

I hope your puppy gets better. My two cats has or had a case of fleas and it seems they will never stop scratching.

LADIES...LADIES...LADIES!!!

We know what to do...so let's DO IT!!!

1. If we need a fill--get one (I'm going in for a topper)

2. Let's make good food choices...logging our food in-take will help

3. Let's get in 30 min of exercise at least 3 times a week.

WE CAN DO IT!!! WE'VE GONE TOO FAR AND THROUGH TOO MUCH TO TURN BACK NOW!!!!

ARE YOU READY...I AM!!!

I agree Big Baby! It's just so hard! Wahhhhhhhh! I was going to the gym again - 4 nights a week... but then I got this puppy and he takes up all my time. Lol. I should have gotten a bigger dog that I could at least walk with. This lil guy has lil legs and he is tired after just walking in the yard! Hopefully as he gets older he'll get better... But right now, especially after just having eye surgery (the dog did), I just want to be home with him whenever possible.

As for the GB, Rhonda, I've thought the same thing.... I know with the GB you lose a ton of weight really quickl, but typically gain it back... but I also know that GB patients can also get the band a few years after their initial surgery to help control the amount that they eat, after their stomach starts to grow larger... a friend of mine who had the GB 6 years ago is looking into the band now.

Anyway... I gotta go get ready for work now. Have a good day!

I am sorry to hear others are struggling. It helps to know you are not alone though. I have made changes, but am certainly still drawn to all the wrong choices. I need a fill - I can eat bread, but I hate my fill doc, so I don't know when I will go back. I still have some restriction, but not enough. It is so hard to make a permanent change after years of bad choices.

Insub - I am so excited for you! Glad you are enjoying youself.

Mjsafari--can you change fill doctors? I'm going in for a "topper" tomorrow.....hope to loose 15-20lbs. Wish I could do it without exercise!!!!

Friends: I've posted this before...but maybe it's a good reminder to help us get back in gear and start loosing again. I got a fill today, so I will start this plateau breaker on Sunday.

I followed this for 7 days and lost 6 lbs, hope it helps!

Do this for 10 days to break a plateau

#1 - Drink 2 quarts of Water a day

#2 - You must have 45 grams of Protein supplement and all your vitamins/minerals supplements each day

#3 - You may consume up to 3 oz of high protein foods, 5x a day

beef

pork

chicken

turkey

lamb

fish

eggs

low fat cheese

cottage cheese

plain yogurt

peanut butter

beans/legumes

You may also have:

sugar free popsicles

tea or coffee

sugar free soda

sugar free jello

broths/bullion

crystal light drinks

#4 - If it's not on the list, you can't have it for 10 days!!!!

#5 - Keep a food diary and try to get up to 30 mins of exercise daily

BigBaby - unfortunately he is the only one on my insurance right now that will take patient's from other surgeons without a huge up front fee. I really need to start trying again though and not expect a fill to solve everything. A fill is not going to make me make better choices. I really need to focus on Protein as your post suggests.

miscpics087.jpg

Hi all, just checking in on you guys. I've been having way too much fun this summer camping, surfing (yes, even in WA!!) and quilting.

Suzz, congrats on your new baby. I'm sorry about his eye. My baby (97 pound yellow lab) is in an e-collar too....that's why we're getting such good tv reception right now! lol He's got hot spots and still chews on his leg....he was a kennel rescue dog, and this is common. As far as the weight gain, I think what works best for me is to get in a mental frame of mind. For me it's all in my head. Try to focus on what motivated you in the first place. Are you wearing your BB? Maybe I can commit to you to wear my BB and log my food...and we can check in with each other? I haven't been doing that or exercising. I got 4.0 put back in my band on Wednesday, after a month with a complete unfill. I'll go back in 2 weeks and get more. Still no restriction, and I did gain a bit back. But, I'm going to get back on the band wagon! lol

Insub, congrats on embarking on your new trip. I'll look forward to updates on your location and activities. I'm jealous too!

Mj, ahhhhhh bread! Nirvana! I've enjoyed my month of bread! Why can the french eat bread, butter, cheese, beef, wine and still be skinny? I have a friend who is filled pretty tight and she can eat bread. I know when I get my restriction back, there's no way I can eat it, or rice or Pasta.

Bigbaby, thanks for all your motivation. I know I can log in here and you'll have something positive to post. I printed out your plateau breaker. It reminds me of Adkins. I think I will try it...but will miss my fruit! Of course, fruit for a diabetic......I might as well eat a candy bar!

Everyone else, do like Bigbaby says!! Keep on keeping on!

Edited by o2bthin

wow - where have we all gone to?

I'm sad that I haven't been able to get online in forever.

HUGS to Suzzzie, BigBaby, Insub, 02bthin (fabulous pic!!) and TexasFire and all the rest of the JUNIES!!!!

I totally suck at exercising due the stinkin heat here in Texas. I still have mental games on thinking I'm fat. Am I actually thin, or do people just think that because I was fat so it's realative? Who knows :biggrin:

My mom is getting scheduled for an October surgery. She is so excited. I passed on my lap-band book which I'm sure she's reading it for the 3rd time by now like I did.

HUGS HUGS HUGS