Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Hi Ange

Great to hear from you. Mum has done OK, she started off strong and then just kindof lost momentum. She had a fill but it was too tight for her and I think that's put her off having any more... consequently she can eat too much and does! She does not regret it though as she is still 30lbs lighter than when she started and seems to have settled at that weight.

How are you getting on?

KT

Hey Y'all!!!!

nvalicia---YOU LOOK GOOD!!! I hadn't seen your new aviator.

Hello to all---I'm still at about 80lbs loss...I haven't weighed lately, but my clothes are still fitting perfectly (size 16) reg...not W (YEA!!!!)...I keep getting so many compliments, that I'm about to become complacent and LOVE MY SIZE 16. I've never been a 16--and it feels great!!1

However, my goal is 150lbs. I don't know what the size will be--

Good thanks

slow and steady winds the race total so far 70lbs or 31 kgs i am happy with progress and i am continuing to loose just had a fill the other day so all good from here:

I have some christmas goal and I am determined to achieve them

Talk again soon

rEgards

Ange

Eeek! What's happened to this thread. Post people!

I am in the Caribbean as I enter month 3 of my round-the-world trip (Dios Mio, did I just type that?). I did a SCUBA course and got my open Water license just a couple of days ago. I had always wanted to do it but was too scared because of my size. I am still really big but I just realised it shouldn't stop me from enjoying life.

Also, for those gaining or staying the same, my band suddenly kicked into gear after 6 or 8 months of nada. I haven't had any fills. It just started working. I hope it keeps up but my initial reaction was annoyance because I am mostly eating out while away and I hate paying for good food and chucking it. However, I have taught myself not to over-order again.

I have no idea how much I've lost but my face and clothes look different. Such a relief as I had really gained quite a lot. I'd love to hear some news from someone, anyone?

Hey insub! Always good to hear from you! I'm so envious of your trip!!

Glad your band has kicked in! Mine is so weird. Somedays it works, somedays it's on vacation.

Hey Y'all!!!!

nvalicia---YOU LOOK GOOD!!! I hadn't seen your new aviator.

Hello to all---I'm still at about 80lbs loss...I haven't weighed lately, but my clothes are still fitting perfectly (size 16) reg...not W (YEA!!!!)...I keep getting so many compliments, that I'm about to become complacent and LOVE MY SIZE 16. I've never been a 16--and it feels great!!1

However, my goal is 150lbs. I don't know what the size will be--

Thank you. I need to update that picture as I have probably lost at least 20 pounds since then. I remember when I first fit into "regular" clothes, it felt so good. Keep up the great work!!!!!!

Hey y'all!!!! I have got to start logging on here more often to catch up with everyone.

Suzzie, I understand where you are at. I probably could use a tiny (extra tiny) unfil to allow me to eat more real food. Some days I eat VERY little, but Soup is great and we won't talk about how much ice cream I can eat. And yes, even stuffed, I can eat a cookie :biggrin:

I spent about 2 months eating all the crap I wanted to test out my band and to see if I would gain weight. The answer was no and I still lost a tiny bit during that long binge eating session.

I refuse to get an unfil - I don't think I could cope with the weight coming back on! I am wearing a size 4 now and DH has told me to STOP losing weight :biggrin: I still see fat!!!!!!!

I'll have to see if I have any updated pics I can post.

I miss chatting with everyone and y'all look great!! Insub - still jealous of your world trip but it looks like sooooo much fun. Danbo - fantastic picture - cuddling with a tiger - how cool is that?!?!?! BigBaby - you are gorgeous as ever! All of you are :w00t:

HUGS!

wombat

OK, I just had my 20yr high school reunion (man I'm getting old). Here are a couple of pics from that.

The first one is of me and my twin sister. I'm on the left (and yes this is the first that I've ever been smaller than her)

post-221548-13813137837001_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone! I am just dropping in to say hi. I am still in Thailand but am planning on stay in the states for the holidays. I have been doing well with my weight. I know I have put some on but I really do think its ok. I defiantly get better complements from my friends and family then when I was down to 177lbs. Anyhow I am on the same page as a lot of you guys with the sweet problem. I eat them because they go down well. I don’t know how you all feel but when I eat regular food and I get restriction it’s not like I am full! It’s more like being hungry but not being able to eat. I am almost a year and a half out and doing just fine but I have to say if I had to do it over again I would without even thinking twice have the Gastric Bypass! Not because I hear it’s easier but because I heard you get more of a full feeling instead of a feeling of being hungry but not being able to eat without barffing!

Suzz: Did you ever try that Ail stuff to help with you sweet problem? If so how did it work for you? Are you still planning on moving to TX? Have you heard from steph?

Isub: I am glad you got to go Diving. I am also a diver but I have only been once since my weight loss. When you do come to Thailand and you want to check out some cool diving you should go to the Island of Koh Tao! I have not dived there but have dived at a nearby island and it was really cool! Are you going planning on going to Laos? I went there for the first time a few days ago and it’s really kicked back. I went to the town of Luage Perbang and it was full of hippie backpackers and peaceful locals. And it made for a really good mix of people. it’s cool way to spend a few days.

Hello to everyone, I can't speak for everyone but I have to admit I stopped checking in when I stopped losing but I am recommitting to myself. I have been at the same weight for about 5 months now and am going crazy. I have been in the 190-185 range forever. I am in a size 14 or a Large but I am so ready to kick it in gear.

I was looking through the past posts and ran into the "diet" to follow for 10 days to break the plateau and I am going to start that and hopefully that will kick start my matabolism again.

I so understand the sweet thing that everyone here seems to be or has been fighting. They are a stress thing for me, after a hard day at work I just want to grab and enjoy not put up with thinking about what I should be or should not be having. That has to stop here and now.

Well I hope to see everyone around on a more consistant basis . I sure do miss everyones kind words and encouragement. Bless you all!:thumbdown:

I need advice I have been off this site for a long time I was banded in June 07 I did really good at first but since my one year check up a few months ago I have been at a stand still

My weight goes up 5 lbs than down 5 lbs its discourageing I have changed my eating abouts higher than lower I have increased my excercise than I do not consume the correct cal.

I am 30lbs from where I would like to be but I have not lost anything in like 4 months

Any ideas anyone else going thru this

Oreo--

i'm in the same boat....I haven't posted very much, but I lurk at least once a week. I am currently hovering between 179lbs. and 181lbs and a size 16. I ultimately want to get to a size 12---not sure how much I will weigh, but I imagine somewhere around 150lbs. I am recommitting so that I can loose 30lbs. by June 2009....My job has been reassigned closer to my house--so now my new goal is to go directly to the gym after work.....hopefullly this will help.....

Be bless all...

bigbaby

It is so hard I lost 120lbs why cant I lose this last 30-35 lbs

Part of me wants to go back into the doc but I have 8cc in my 10 cc band and I do not want to over do it.

In march of 08 I went thru a ton of stress my life kind of stopped for a long time and now we have the holidays stress. I guess I have to be thankfull I have not gained much over this time.

I have a exercise bike that I ride 5-10 miles a day sometimes 15 miles (thanksgiving I rode 15 becasue I knew I would eat junk- no sweets just stuff out of my norm.)

I have the wii fit I have not used inl ike two weeks I have to get back on that I am just at a lost what to do next I am in a size 14 sometimes 16 depending on the make.

I would love to be in a size 12

I started in a size 30 So I have to look at the length I have already come

We can do this I know we both can. :blush:

Good luck