Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Hey Janine! Glld to see you stick your head in here!

As for the flip flops, I have varying sizes from child small - Adult large. Check out what I have posted: www.suzzzie.etsy.com

If you are interested in something specific just msg me, I can probably come up with something. :ohmy: Lol.... I'm also learning to make cat toys so for all you cat lovers, be on the lookout!

Oh, and pillows... crocheted pillows made out of this super soft plush yarn. It's amazing. Lol. I'll drop by here when I get some made up...

Thanks for your advice. I did what you said and got a little fill. I had put on a disturbing amount of weight and need to nip it in the bud. I thought I would never put on weight with a band but that's just not true.

It's great to hear from you Janine. The band of mystery lives up to its name.

Rhonda, how frightening! I wish they had done a barium swallow instead of scaring you with the 's' word (slip). Heed my advice - stay away from sugar in this time. It's an evil poison! I am so happy you're OK.

For those who asked, my first stop is Chile and some of south (Peru, Argentina maybe Brazil) , central (Southern Mexico, Guatemala and Honduras) and a little of north America (New York/Boston/New England and Nova Scotia mainly) then off to Europe and finishing in South East Asia. I am missing the continent of Africa and even China and India. I guess I'll have to save something for next time because my $$$ can't stretch that far.

I have been saving ever since banding for this trip (I'm single) so I'm quite proud of myself as I worked really hard and changed all my spending habits. I'm going to teach English in Spain for a while as well. I will check into this thread now and then and check how everyone is doing. I think we all go through major ups and downs but we have to believe that this is going to work - just not without our help grrrrrrrrr. Why can't I keep all my old habits and vices and still be thin and healthy? *pouts like a child*

Edited by insubordination

Hey everybody!!! Hope all is going better for all of you!!!! Insub--have a wonderful time on your trip. I am single also and have decided to start saving for my a trip to hawaii for my 40th b-day....

guess what I did???? I hiked a mountain--just 2 miles but it kicked my butt!!! The group that I went with moves fast and on the flat land they jogged...It killed me but it was a good way to break up the exercise routine.

suzzzie, what size would be a medium and large? I wear a 10 and one of my step daughters a 7. she would love them!

insub how brave you are and independent! what is your background, education? how long will you be gone? will you keep a home where you live now or rent it? I hope you don't mind the questions, but it sounds great. Be sure to send us some photo links and drop in, even if monthly! I am glad you were able to tip off your fill, hopefully it will all work out fine.

bigbaby did you turn 40 yet? I will be 50 next year! My dream trip is to Ireland. I need to start saving too. Both my parents were Irish and extended family from Ireland. I always wanted to go. I always dreamed of going with my mom, sisters and neice( only girl) but my Mom passed away and my sister is afraid to fly! So, I may go with some cousins. we shall see, but I will be going!

My son's 20th Birthday was yesterday and we had chinese food. I actually was able to eat a fried wonton and some rice and chicken dish. could not beleive it since I struggled with half of a baked potato at lunch! the band is so picky!

have a great day, stay cool. It was 99 here yesterday and expected today, YUK!

suzzzie, what size would be a medium and large? I wear a 10 and one of my step daughters a 7. she would love them!

have a great day, stay cool. It was 99 here yesterday and expected today, YUK!

SIZE CHART:

CHILD SMALL - 11/12

CHILD MEDIUM - 13/1

CHILD LARGE - 2/3

ADULT SMALL - 5/6

ADULT MEDIUM - 7/8

ADULT LARGE - 9/10

It was about 101 here yesterday. Ick!! My apt has crappy insulation, so my outdated central air unit was struggling to keep my apt at/below 80!! I hate hot days like that!... and yet I'm moving to TX next year? Lol. At least they don't have ice storms like we do... it's a trade off.

Ireland sounds awesome. One of y close friends is getting married in Summer 2010 (after she graduates from Med school) and she and her fiance are planning on an Ireland honeymoon! I'm 'helping' them plan some of it, just cause I've never travelled anywhere, and it just looks like such a beautiful country!

Java---I will be 40 in Nov of 2009, but I'm starting to save now--and plan activities.

I want to throw myself a party here for my friends and family, as well as go with my closest friends to Hawaii. I'm trying to find someone who has a timeshare where they can trade time--I think it would be less expensive than 4 or 5 nights in a hotel.

Suzz--are you REALLY moving to TX? What part?

bigbaby Sounds great! I really need to get cracking on the savings too. My birthday is in March however I think we will go late spring or in the summer/fall. I want to go when the weather is nice there too. I too may want a party, but I told my dh, we can plan together. he is not good at that. I wish I was 40! Although turning 40 was hard for me, I dread my emotions on 50!

On Monday night we had chinese food for my son's Birthday. I was surprised I could eat some. I loved it so much that I took some for lunch yesterday. Guess what...yep, a NO GO! I was frustrated. Then last night I made a thin spinach mushroom pizza, and tried hard to get a small peice down, but that was hard too! It is so picky!!

suzzie sorry to hear about your air! when it is this hot. going to work when it is this hot sometimes is good for it is cool there! Unless you work outside.

Hope everyone is doing well. How are you doing insub?

Yes I'm moving to TX next year. My lease is up here on Feb 28, but I"m not sure if I'll move right then, or stay for an extra month and move at the end of March. It depends on money and stuff.

I'm going to Houston, where my best friend abandoned me to go to about 9 1/2 years ago. We joke that I've conceded and since she'll never move back here I have to move there. Lol.

Hey all. I am just catching up here on our support group. I've been thinking of all of you. Suzz and Java, I can't get a fill for a month. I did gain a few pounds back after getting dehydrated, but I seem to be maintaining. It is nice to eat bread and lots of meats.

I'm going to gut it out!!! I need to start exercising.

Take care everyone!!

Glad to hear from you o2b!!!

I've been very bad this weekend. I was given a 1lbs chocolate bar....needless to say....IT IS GONE!!!!-----I feel bad, but I feel good....if you know what I mean...

Hi All.

I went to the Dr. today to get a fill

and he couldn't find my port and sent me home with no fill.

I'm bummed because I can either pay $350 for the fill and $380 for the floro or go back to MX and pay $100 plus air fair.

So I'm going back to MX all by myself and hope for the best.

Has any one else had a Dr. not be able to feel your port???

mns I think it happens often. it is not a big deal, only when they are moving that needle around. On my very first flouro fill, the nurse was movign the needle around and I became faint. After that I told her, " don't tell me what your doing, just do it" and I lay down. Since she has been great with flouro and not. It is to bad he did not let someone else try. I haven't seen my doctor since surgery! I heard he hasn't done fills forever, so that is fine that the PA does it.

How is everyone else doing? I have had a fair week, eating is up and down. I went to this great mexican rest. yesterday for lunch and had no problems. Probably ate to much, but when I tried to eat the left overs for dinner, I had to stop and wait then try again and slow down. You would think I was use to that by now, but I am not, it is still frustrating.

I hope everyone is doing well. I love the summer but it is HOT. I will look forward to the fall so I can pick up on the walking.