Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Just wondering if anyone has had this problem.

I got a fill on Wed. Since than, I have had lots of pain in my upper stomach area. It is hard to explain, but it actually feels like the band is squeezing me way to tight. It is really uncomfortable when i sit. It doesn't hurt as much when I am standing.

Is it possible to actually feel the band if it is too tight?

I am able to eat without getting food stuck. I do get full really fast, but I am not complaining about that.

This has me kind of worried. I have not heard of anyone else having this type of pain.

I probably should have called the Dr. office today, but now I will have to wait until Monday.

If anyone has any information about this and if it is normal, please help me out. I am desperate.

Is the pain after you've eaten or before meals? I agree you should ask your doctor. Sometimes I can feel the band 'squeezing' me but only when I'm incredibly stressed (or when I watched Apocalypto the other night). It doesn't exactly hurt but I'm aware of it.

I also do better if I stand up after eating but that usually means I have eaten too much or have not chewed well enough. I know I'm not too tight because other people talk about what they can eat and it's less than I can. Also, I pretty much never PB.

Of course, the fill will probably 'relax' a little and you might have a little swelling but if you are concerned, ask your doctor (I know you don't want to have any fill out but if the band is too tight, it can cause problems).

I can often feel my band. Or at least I guess I feel the restriction. It shouldn't hurt, though.

Insub, we have the same problem with people giving us food. My husband's relatives continuously send us chocolate and Cookies and all sorts of junk. He's not banded, but he's been trying to lose 30 lbs so neither of us should eat it. He works for a large company so he usually takes the junk food in to work and leaves it in the kitchen for his coworkers to devour. That way we don't feel bad about throwing it away, be we aren't eating it either. No one knows that I'm banded, so I don't take it personally that they give us cakes and chocolate -- they just think they are being nice.

Hearing crickets again...

Where is everyone? think.gif

Hi, everyone,

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! I enjoyed a few days off work and loved every minute of it but back to work tomorrow.

I am having to get back on track with my eating as I indulged a bit for a few days. But I have been trying to exercise a little bit extra to make up for it.

I go for another fill next Monday and hope to feel a little more restriction. I just haven't really been the same since my de-fill the middle of November. My weight loss is still okay although it has been sheer will power for the most part!

Marlena

Hello All!!! My in-laws are in town so I've been held hostage from the computer :)

I wish everyone a very Happy New Year and I hope that everyone has a safe evening tonight! Please please please get a designated driver or a cab if you need one :(

2008 is going to be a spectacular year!!! I am determined that I will hit my goal in this new year!!

Hugs to all

wombat

Happy New Year!

I am back from my vacation with the family in Scranton, PA. Wow, what a good time and much temptation, however with restriction and difficulty eating regular food, it sucked a little bit. We decided to go out to a restaurant where my neice and nephew work, a new Italian/Pizza place. I ordered food I knew I could not eat, I guess I wanted to depress myself! I ordered this really good tasting( one bite of it and I was done in pain) square sicilian pizza and a garlic knot with marinara sauce. it all went home. Then the kids and my husband were eating french fries with gravy, another local thing. I am glad for the band, but sometimes when you just want to taste it, it is sad...

Speaking of food, I brought as much of the stuff I had to my sisters and when I was leaving she tried to have me take stuff back, NOPE. Her son is in college and lives in a frat house, the guys will take it all, not a problem!

I love the pictures, Ashly, Suzzie and others you look great. Maybe I can get my husband to help me with that today.

talk to you all later. Great to hear from you Dan, hang in there.

Joeyg, did you call the doctor?

I had my port revision surgery Friday, local anesthetic and was awake during it all...wasn't bad. I'm in a little pain but am taking my meds.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!

beckiet--glad you're better and had no complications....I had my port revision a while back, but I was put under--very lightly. When I came out--I felt like I had just been asleep.

Hope all continues to go well for you.

Happy New Year everyone (almost in central time). I hope everyone has had a great holiday season! We have made it to Nashville and are just waiting on our stuff to be delivered. I don't know which is worse, packing or unpacking. I can't complain though, my husband and son have done most of the work. Here's to a great 2008, with much less worry about losing weight!

Thanks Stef.

Missy I am moving too, though not as far as you. I only have a one-bedroom place but it's still a freaking nightmare. Hope you get thought it OK. Note to self: Don't buy stuff.

BeckieT, I'm so happy your port revision went fine. Now the band can do its job better and the rest of us can breathe easier knowing that it's not tooo major. So glad you're 'fixed'.

Note for you guys: Don't try to eat dried apple rings. They will boogy in your osephegus all night havin' a NY party of their own.

Hey all!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Most of you will make your goal weight this year - HOW EXCITING!!

BeckieT, glad your revision went well, hopefullyyou'll have NO MORE staph infections! Ick!

My New Years was great. Went over to a friends party - drank ONE apple-tini and was so freaking buzzed. I laughed at how crazy it was. And I had a few sips of Champagne at Midnight - which is< I think, the first carbonation I've had since surgery. No pain or excessive gas with it, but the bubble felt funny! Ha!

NOW that the 'Holidays' are all behind us... I'm going to start watching my calorie intake again and logging my foods in my bodybugg site. I've been at/hovered around 305-301 for 2 weeks. Its about dang time I get serious again and hit TWOterville!!

CHop chop!!

I'm usually one of the lurkers but I have to tell you, I enjoy reading all your posts. I recently had my third fill and could notice a big difference! I don't want to eat. It's almost like I had to remind myself to eat something. I have also had a couple episodes of eating too fast/too much and getting that pain in chest feeling which I relieved by, uh, releasing some of the excess food. Yuck-but it made me feel better. My husband has been a little concerned. I told him that I just need to learn how to or what to eat since this last fill.

Was there a certain fill for you all when you noticed a big difference?

Now, my ah-ha moment...last night we were at a New Year's Party. I had wore a short sleeve shirt thinking that it would be warm at my friends house however, I was cold. I was sitting on the couch and looked over to see my son's long sleeve shirt, size XL. I picked it up thinking at least it would cover my arms, however, it not only covered my arms but wrapped all the way around me and buttoned clear down!!!

AH-HA!!! Surprise-not only to me but to my family also. Now, there's a little voice in my head saying, well, maybe it was a really big XL maybe it was sized wrong but nonetheless, it was an XL.

Happy New Year!

Renee:whoo: