Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Hello to all! I feel that I have been off the site for two long and this is part of success for me!

Suzzie Great on the jeans. Wearing jeans and feeling good about them is so cool!

Karla your NSV story with your sister was funny! I have two sisters and can relate 100%

ladyhr WELCOME TO ONDERLAND!!!!

Rhonda I can understand your frustration. I have been in tears all night, and maybe this is because I am going to face the music at the doctors today! I will have lost "0" weight since my last visit! But I have restriction and know that I don't need a fill. What I do need is to make the RIGHT CHOICES AND EXERCISE!!

I am beginning to feel like a failure like I have felt in diets past. I feel that I am at a point that I am not on the "program". My husband told me the other day, you spent a lot of money on your "LB" get to the gym! Nice guy. I know he is trying to motivate me but that just pissed me off! He is right of course.

You all tell me, I don't think I need a fill, for I have restriction with foods. some days I can hardly eat a thing, but I can still over eat the 4-6 oz, which I am never certain of the portion size I am supposed to eat when it is Soup or salad? what do you think?

I am sorry for wining! I just feel crappy today. Maybe the doctor visit will give me some motivation, I am hoping. I am having dinner with another LB friend that I met on the site. We both have the same doctor, so I am looking forward to that. maybe we can both provide inspiration.

No no! Not a thread killer!! Lol.

Last night I was craving sweets. Well, I finally had to purge my whole apt of sweets! I don't even have Peanut Butter of pancake Syrup now. Lol. I really want to get off of the high fructose corn syrup (devils juice). Anyway. I was about to bug out and go buy some ice cream. Then I decided to just make a 'milkshake' using my chocolate soy milk and ice cubes. Totally worked. So sweet, so cold, delicious!! Just thought I'd share, in case any of you are 'sweet freaks' like me!!

Ja9va - I never weigh or measure food. I start with making (mostly) good choices (low cal, low fat) and eat it until I;m full. I often still rely on my 'soft stop' of little belches and hiccups. Sometimes I'll wait for those to pass and then continue to eat more (usually about 5-10 minutes of the hiccups!) But, because I'm usually eating a yogurt or string cheese or (still trying to give up dairy!!) or even an apple - I'm not too worried if I keep eating. Now - when I did this a few weeks ago so that I could finish a hotdog and onion rings... yeah. I was so annoyed with myself! What good is the band if I eat 'around' it??

LadyHr--WAY TO GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I'm chasing you to "onederland"

Ja9va--don't beat yourself up. Don't get a fill, but slowly incorporate exercise---just a little (walking in place while doing dishes--anything; dance to the opening shows on TV orthe commercials)

Remember Soups go right through-so you could proably eat a gallon and not fill full. Like Suzzie, I try not to measure. They "say" a cup of food is sufficient--but if you need more--make sure you're eating more of the Protein.< /p>

Just my opinion....we're in this together...glad to have you back.

Junies...I sent a PM to ToniTech (remember her???) and she responded...she's doing well overallbut not losing or exercising. That's why she stopped posting. I hope she reads this and begins to post again...maybe we could give her a shout out of encouragement.

We all have struggles and the key to breaking the habit is to get up and make a change. Change starts in the mind. That's where it all started for all of us. We THOUGHT about losing weight. We THOUGHT about the lapband...etc.

Toni,

Make your mind, think about yourself and come on back!!!! We miss you!!!

Hey Junies!! It's a NEW year and we can recommit again to our bands!! I have lost 5 pounds in 2 1/2 months. I was losing 10 pounds a month and then BAM!! It is frustrating and I was eating around the band.

I really cannot eat Breakfast anymore so I have to drink it. I was thinking I was that tight all the time and was really going after the soft foods all day long (BAD idea!).

So I'm trying to be good again and I've started jogging (couch to 5K) and now I've started some strength training as well. I'm still not losing but I have taken measurements. I watch all of the Biggest Loser shows, and the National Body Challenge shows, Big Medicine, etc. I am trying to motivate myself (and my family).

We CAN do this!!!!!!!!!! {{hugs}}

wombat

Way to go, Wombat! (couch to 5k)

Suzzzie...congrats on the jeans!!! You are doing amazing!

Like ToniTech I find that I don't post as much when I'm doing bad.

I had my Port Revision surgery on the 28th and did it with a local and stayed awake throughout. Pain hit me that night but I've managed that...it's the bleeding at my incision site that I've not handled well. Seeping I could handle, but this, pardon me for the people with week stomachs, was like a fountain for a while. Today it seems to have stopped (started it on New Years Eve night). I pray it has. This is what it did after my Band surgery and then the infections. I'm doing all I can to prevent the infections again.

Hopefully this revision will help me to get back on track. I had hoped to be well past the 45 lb gone mark by now. But slow and steady is okay by me. I'm still averaging 1.4 a week.

Hey all... Toni and BeckieT! POST MORE!

Lol. Seriously. Since THanksgiving I'd only been to the gym twice. Since THanksgiving I ate whatever I Wanted... which was a lot of sugar crap like Cookies, fudge, cakes, candies, etc. (I'm a sugar addict!) I only lost 7 pounds during that time... and by New Years had gained 4 of that back! This is my first week back on track - and yesterday morning I almost tanked it cause I ate like FIVE girl scout Cookies. Seriously. But, I got a grip and by 10am I was on the right track again. Back to logging food in my bodybugg... it helps SOOOO much to be able to see the foods I eat listed all together, with their calorie values.

Hang in there ladies. Post no matter what, even on the really bad days when you're up 4 pounds.

I also have been doing really bad since thanksgiving. I have been keeping up with the exercise (I run 20-25miles a week) and keeping my meals small but it’s between meals where I am have a hard time. It’s really weird; I have never been in to the sweet stuff. I am fat because I would eat a 5 lbs piece of lasagna or a 5lbs egg and sausage burrito. Now that I don’t eat any of that stuff I started to eat sweets. I eat mostly Cookies and cake; I’ve been eating them pretty much everyday for the last few weeks. I tell myself I will only eat one cookie then I eat that one cookie and it’s on. I figure I messed up buy eating that one cookie and I say the hell with it and I eat more. (A lot more) Anyone else have the same problem? I think I will do much better once I find that new job I have been talking about. A job that doesn’t give me free cookies anytime I want.

So from this point on I am swearing off all sweets. I need to get back on track before I start to gain my weight back.

I NEED TO SWEAR OFF SWEETS! I've been trying, but the devil has me by the tastebuds!! All day long at work I was climbin the walls NEEDING chocolate. I mean in a nearly violent way... It's so sad. I've purged my house of junk sweets. I can't even keep Peanut Butter cause I'll sit here and eat the whole jar! Same thing with the pancake Syrup. I equate it to an alcoholic drinking mouthwash for what little alcohol is in it. Its a serious sickness.

A few weeks ago I took up crochet. I'm self taught and have whipped up 5 1/2 scarves so far. It keeps my mind and hands busy, it's hypnotizing. BUT tonight I'm sitting here working on a scarf for my mom (yarn is multicolored - shades of light pink, pink, tan, and light green) I'm craving sugar so badly that everytime the yarn color transitions from pink into the tan I think of slightly melted strawberry ice cream with chocolate syrup!!! I can even freaking taste it!

So. In a mad mad dash to the kitchen I go. NO SWEETS! (except sugar free Jello which would take too long to set up and be edible) Then I came up with the idea of making cookie dough... I have flour, sugar, eggs, vanilla... all the stuff I need. And DAMMIT!!! I DON'T want to do it. If I make it up I'll sit here and eat cookie dough all night... Like I used to. My band doesn't seem to care if I eat cookie dough.

Help?!?!

OMG you guys sound just like me. I am really into sweets also. Since just before Christmas. I try to justify it when I eat it. Especially if it is Peanut Butter cups. I tell myself it has Protein in it. I said that I wasn't going to buy anymore sweet and chip and stuff like that after the first of the year and we went to Walmart and the candy was 75% off so of course I bought some. Of course I will say I will only have one and one turns into two and etc. Same with Cookies or chips. I will have to purge my house of it too soon. It is just hard when you have kids and a husband that also likes all the crap too. On the weekend when I am working that is most of the time my husband will go out and buy the sweets and chips and I come home to it after a long day a work. Junk never gets stuck at the band.

Lol Rhonda. I have a roommate who has CHEESECAKE and other goodies and Snacks galore!! Now, I COULD eat that stuff... but then I'd have to explain it. Lol.

I NEED TO SWEAR OFF SWEETS! I've been trying, but the devil has me by the tastebuds!! All day long at work I was climbin the walls NEEDING chocolate. I mean in a nearly violent way... It's so sad. I've purged my house of junk sweets. I can't even keep Peanut Butter cause I'll sit here and eat the whole jar! Same thing with the pancake Syrup. I equate it to an alcoholic drinking mouthwash for what little alcohol is in it. Its a serious sickness.

A few weeks ago I took up crochet. I'm self taught and have whipped up 5 1/2 scarves so far. It keeps my mind and hands busy, it's hypnotizing. BUT tonight I'm sitting here working on a scarf for my mom (yarn is multicolored - shades of light pink, pink, tan, and light green) I'm craving sugar so badly that everytime the yarn color transitions from pink into the tan I think of slightly melted strawberry ice cream with chocolate syrup!!! I can even freaking taste it!

So. In a mad mad dash to the kitchen I go. NO SWEETS! (except sugar free Jello which would take too long to set up and be edible) Then I came up with the idea of making cookie dough... I have flour, sugar, eggs, vanilla... all the stuff I need. And DAMMIT!!! I DON'T want to do it. If I make it up I'll sit here and eat cookie dough all night... Like I used to. My band doesn't seem to care if I eat cookie dough.

Help?!?!

Now while I'm not that bad with syrup or the Peanut Butter jar (I have changed to Natural unsalted PB so that if I do go off the deep end , at least I'm not getting the sugar and salt), I LOVE LOVE LOVE Oreos. And Cookies. But what I don't get is for the six months of so before I was banded, I didn't have a single cookie or Oreo. As soon as I was allowed solids again, one of my first purchases was a cup of the mini Oreos...and I have struggled ever since.

Not too long before Christmas, Trader Joe's had a big display of their version of Oreos...BUT, not only were they "double stuffed," but the filling had crushed candy canes in it!!!!! So I bought a box... :rolleyes: I hadn't bought a box of any Cookies yet, just those little snack cups, or the six Oreo packs. Buying that box of "Candy Cane Joe-Joe's" started a really slippery slope!

Halloween Double Stuff Oreos were on Clearance at the grocer...Had to buy them!

Then at Big Lot's they had Dulce De Leche Oreo's and sugar free Oreo's-so of course I had to try them both...

Last week I noticed a bag of chocolate chips in the cabinet that had just barely expired. I'm sure you can figure out what I did...I made chocolate chip cookies. Fortunately I think of the four dozen or so I only had eaten about a dozen before I realized what I was doing.

Saturday night I emptied all the cookies I had left (which was about 1/3 of the box of Candy Cane Joe-Joe's, and almost all of the Dulce De Leche, and nearly all the Sugar Free Oreos were left-thankfully-as well as about 2 1/2 dozen chocolate chip cookies) into the trash can. Then for good measure I took a spray bottle of bleach and sprayed the heck out of the pile of them.

Thought I was doing well...until last night at work, the place became a swirling vortex of Hell. There was ice cream in the freezer-some chocolate and peanut butter ice cream. And some Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. Ughhhhh!!!!

So I had about 1 cup total. Half a cup of each. I could have eaten more, but I did stop myself, somehow.

I'm trying to get back on track. I've plateaued for months now, I stopped logging my food. I started eating cookies, and drinking some crap (hot cocoa, etc).

Yesterday I started logging my food again. This morning I didn't have a cocoa, I actually had Water.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed....

OMG Faith!! I TOTALLY RELATE!

I have ALWAYS loved Oreos. So much so that when I turned 6 years old my mom took me to Walmart and said I could by anything I wanted, under $10. So I walked around and around the store. FInally settled on an OREO pillow! Lol. That way I could have "Oreo dreams, Mommy!" Ha! LIke I needed that?!

So yeah. And Girl Scout Cookies... WHATS UP WITH THOSE?!? Ever notice how they 'sell' them in like October... but you dont get them until AFTER ther first of teh year? So you'd just forgotten you'd bought them from the cute lil girl with pigtails and you make a New Years Resolution to lose weight and then the friggin Cookies show up on your doorstep. 3 boxes Thin Mint, 2 boxes Peanut Butter.. Lol. That was last year. I didn't order ANY for this year... and yet co-workers did, and they don't want to eat them all themselves, so they 'share'. Grrr. I managed to stop myself after 5 cookies yesterday. But it's hard. I love sweets. I always have. I'd rather eat cookies, cake, ice cream, etc.. than ANYTHING else. I'd give up pizza, burgers, chicken, Pasta, ANYTHING I tell ya..

And that is how I came to weight 382 pounds!!!

SO, enough of the dang cookies! Enough of the Devils Tastebuds controlling my life!

I fixed myself an 80 calorie chocolate milkshake... choc soy milk with 10 ice cubes. Heavenly.