Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

OK, I have a confession here... I am supposed to be on pureed foods until Friday - but today I had an ice cream bar.

The good news? Normally I would have had 2 or 3 of them, and I stopped at one. I was quite proud actually, but still feel like I cheated myself. Boo.

I would think the ice cream is fine in moderation, but the thing was, did you eat the cookie?

Toni - I have the small AP band also!

I also ate too fast the other day and had hiccups for 20 minutes - it was painful! I have tried to slow down ever since and have not had issues. I do have a definite full feeling and even sneezed once. I wish I was full on smaller portions and that I didn't get hungry again so soon, but hopefully this will get better with a fill.

Yeah for my husband - he is 300.4 today - down 48lbs since preop on May 4th. He has his first fill scheduled for July 2nd, but I am thinking he may not need one. He gets a full feeling after only a few bites of almost anything, so much that he feels like something is stuck and has to drink some Water to get it to go down. He doesn't want to call the doctor, since he is going in next week, but I may do it for him, if he isn't able to get more in.

Good Luck to last of the Junies this week!

Hi gang, I get my band tomorrow. Feeling nervous, hope I'm doing the right thing, I want to be a bandster with a good story to tell!!! Well, I'll let you know how it goes, I have 2 nights in hospital so see you all Friday.

Best wishes Farmer and Marga! I know you will do great. I am six days post-op and I am starting to feel back to normal with just a little soreness.

toni-was so glad to read about your fill appointment..............love to know what i am in for, beforehand!!!!

i've been doing well. but i've been weighing myself every night and the scale hasn't budged! today i ate:

weight control "banana bread" oatmeal with 1% milk

1/2 cup orange juice (no pulp)

Tomato Soup for lunch

chicken salad -about 1/2 sandwich worth

sugar free ice cream-1/2 cup

i also walked only about .5 mile tonight, but over the weekend, walked about 2 miles each day...................

I guess you all will tell me to stop weighing myself, right?????

Stop weighing yourself :) Kidding!! Really though it is going to be a long haul so we have to find other things to focus on besides our weight or it becomes so difficult to live life. The more I think about food, dieting and weight loss the more I think about it. :faint:I'm cleaning out my garage right now, frightening!!!:omg:

Also, I have these almost burp/hicup "sensations" every once in a while. They don't really hurt, but are just weird!

Wow, I get those, too! And you are right...they're weird! They catch me at the oddest moments, too. I can be in the middle of a sentence and one will hit. Glad it's not just me! :)

but i've been weighing myself every night and the scale hasn't budged!

I know it's not good to weigh yourself every day, but I've been doing it simply because it's been falling off so fast now (sorry). My one tip, however, is to weigh yourself in the MORNING instead of at night. You generally weigh less in the morning. :-)

I think in another week I'm going to go to a once-a-week weigh-in as my weight loss slows.

Heather,

You did such a great job with the calendar we were wondering if you could add everyone's fill dates, maybe a new calendar after this weekend, what do you think? I read a few pages ago that this would be a great new chapter in our bandland. if its to much we understand!!

WOW, I did not get on line for one day and 4 pages later!! The buzz an chatter is overwhelming and GREAT.

Toni Great to hear about your fill. You had 4 cc already in there? I thought that there was no saline until your first fill? Who knows what the rest of us will find out. Keep us updated on how it feels. Did they say when your next one was or how often? Like the post opt and the preopt, the doctors are all so differnt.

Pippz - I have not vomited yet, but did have 2 or 3 situations where I ate to fast or I did not chew good and felt pressure in my chest. Only one time did I get up and pace, saliva plenty, but then it passed after about 5 min. But it scared me enough to be careful!

Heather Great news on your vacation. I have my son's wedding July 7, my first fill won't be until after that, so I should be ok. I had one pre opt doc visit one week after surgery and another one on July 3. They meet with you I beleive at every stage. I am assuming I will go from Mushies to other foods. When you mentioned CRAB CAKES, I got excited!! My favorite, and you are right they are soft.

Danielle, welcome to bandland!!

Angel and Marga good luck this week, you will do great!!!

N ina I am really jealous regarding your exercise commitment. I really need to get to that. I just need to jump in and stay motivated! I do walk, but not long or fast enough. Keep up that inspiration for us!!

I would think the ice cream is fine in moderation, but the thing was, did you eat the cookie?

Yes I did. But I chewed it very very well. No problems. That was my first 'cheat' since before surgery.

I had surgery on June 19 and I will have a 2 week post op an dthan a 6 week post op that will include a fill

I think they will normally wait 6 weeks fo rthe first fill an dthan you can get one every 4-6 weeks after that

Good luck

About the driving, I wasn't told specifically, but I feel like I could drive today, if I wanted to. This is 4 days out. I haven't been on the pain meds for a while, and I think that is important. My question is...when can you wear anything but loose pj's? I can't even think about a waistband or bra-ouch. Any suggestions?