Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Becky,

Well, my utlra sound is over and maybe you can give me some thoughts! The nurse called and left me a voice mail and said I have a polyp on my gallbladder and after she talks to the doctor, she will call me tomorrow. Well, I researched it and they said most likely polyps are not cancer but if they are large they can hold malignant cells. I am thinking the doctor will want to remove my gallbladder! Right!:cry

I talked with my husband and I know that the bright side, if there is one, is that if not for my preopt tests, I would not know it was there. I have had polyps on my colon when I had colonoscopies but they were removed and I am fine.

I fear the band surgery will be put off now for months due to this! I also have my son's wedding on July 7. I am not very happy tonight. I guess I need to wait and see what the call brings tomorrow.

Hope all is well,

Janine - I am so happy that you feel you can come to me. I am always here and willing to help! Ok here are my thoughts. First that nurse was wrong to leave the voice message on your phone and scare you like that. She should have talked to you actually and provided you an opportunity to ask questions! Second I do believe the doctor will decide to take that polyp out (which they will run tests on to see if its cancer but most polyps are not) because it is causing your body some harm like those elevated lab values which if he left it in would probably only get worse and you would not want to damage your liver its more precious than we all realize :confused: I dont know how your surgeon works but I have heard of many that do take those gallbladders out while putting in the lapband but like i said before it increases the risks of getting an infection. Life throws us curves doesn't it? Just when you are trying to do something good for your body something comes up. Keep up the faith you have come this far don't let anything including your gallbladder stop you from getting the band!

Becky

Hi all

Another June bander. My date is not till the 26th but my gosh I am excited and slightly scared.I feel like it is forever away. kinda like christmas when i was a little girl waiting for santa to come!!

.I am been banded in Dublin (Ireland)

Becks wish you the best of luck today and to your brother also.

Let us know how your getting on

Dini

Janine, will be thinking of you...not easy to get news like that, especially through a voicemail...Becky gave you some wonderful advice...stay positive!

I'm waiting to hear from my doctor today to find out my official date. Since I've had all my pre-op test (Bloodwork, EKG, Upper GI, Chest Xray) wouldn't it be this month? Isn't there a time limit of when they have to do the surgery with those tests without having to retake the tests?

Janine, will be thinking of you...not easy to get news like that, especially through a voicemail...Becky gave you some wonderful advice...stay positive!

I'm waiting to hear from my doctor today to find out my official date. Since I've had all my pre-op test (Bloodwork, EKG, Upper GI, Chest Xray) wouldn't it be this month? Isn't there a time limit of when they have to do the surgery with those tests without having to retake the tests?

Hi Beckie! Great name :confused: Hope you get your date soon. I dont know why I seem to want to answer all the medical questions people ask but whatever :eek: Yes usually an EKG is only good for a month thats the only thing i know for sure has a definite time frame relating to surgery. Yea! I am happy for you. You must be really anxious and excited. I know I was just to set that date and make it mine. Hope you continue to stay with us Junies we need more Beckie's!! LOL Have a great day

Thanks, Becky! Lol...love your name, too!

I've been calling every day since I completed the tests...they told me today it can sometimes take 5 days for doctors to decide we're healthy enough to do the surgery. Only problem is, is that my doctor is only in that office once a week...on Fridays. Ugh.... I may end up giving my employer very short notice on time off for surgery since it's already been one week since the EKG/Bloodwork. Oh well....

...trying to wait patiently until next week and getting an answer from them. : )

Hi All June Bandsters!

I am scheduled June 28 with Dr. Ortiz...this is so exciting! Good luck to all, and I'm happy to be a part of this group...

Rose

:clap2::clap2::clap2:Hi all I am pleased to say my date is June 19th! Sing me up, add me to this list, do whatever you need to add me to the June bandsters '07 group!

This is my first post to the board & to say to add me to the calander I will be getting my band on June 27th by Dr. Ortiz I am soooo excited! :laugh

Now ill go back to my stalking :confused:

I hope all went well with the June 1st bandsters. I have to work all day tomorrow so I will read post and catch up in the evening.

To all that is getting banded today. I just want you guys to know I am thinking of all fo you and hope the best. I can't wait till it's my turn.

:omg:

I live alone and chose not to tell anyone that I am having the surgery, so the anxiety is churning inside me and I can't express it to anyone (except LBT). I lost my two good friends who both died this year in their mid-forties and I'm really missing them.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ Serena }}}}}}}}}}}}}} I'm sooooooo sorry for the loss of your friends----no doubt about it you are missing them.

I told my extended family about the band and a few friends, but not everyone, and you'll find that there are a few people on our board who've chosen not to mention it to anyone, either. I completely understand!!!!

I said this in another post, but I have an IRL friend who lost 111 pounds this year, her first year, on the band. She's having a photo shoot next week from her Dr.'s company, and may even wind up on a billboard! Talk about coming out of the closet....she's got some jitters! Let us know how your book is!

And on another note, anyone heard from our Fab 5 today? I know some very sore ladies have woken up from their surgeries, and a few might even be home, Godwilling!

----Toni

I fear the band surgery will be put off now for months due to this! I also have my son's wedding on July 7. I am not very happy tonight. I guess I need to wait and see what the call brings tomorrow.

Hope all is well,

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ Java }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Don't be silly! Whether you want it or not, you are getting banded this month!!!! teeheehee BTW..congrats on your son's upcoming nuptuals (sp?) Will this be your first wedding of a child?!? Talk about exciting. I don't want some goofy gallbladder to spoil anything for you!

Anyway, I'm so sorry for your Gallbladder worries, and I'm hoping to see a post from you very soon with an update. I'm thinking benign, benign, benign!!!

And----Hey, Sweets, I thought of you today: I was able to manage a HALF cup of Java as opposed to my normal 3. It wasn't that I couldn't tolerate the whole cup, it didn't taste like it used to, so I'm reaaaaaaaaaally hoping it's just part of this healing process. I was missing the ole "Gotta have my Java" feeling.

Anyway, please, please post soon!

Toni

Thank you guys for the great feedback, after reading Becky's message I am not sure I am happy with my news or not. My doctor has decided to go ahead with my lapband on June 7 and monitor the gallbladder with future blood tests. It is weird because I called first and spoke with the nurse and she told me she gave the chart to the doctor and he would call. When I asked her what she thought he would do, she said take out the gallbladder first. But then she called me a couple minutes later and said the doctor said the opposite. Should I be worried about this decision? She said it is extremly rare for this to be cancer. She also said that it could impact gall stones later? I am not sure what to think now. I am very excited about having the band, but should I question my doctor's choice...confused as H! I might call the other nurse who I was workign with but was out today and get her thoughts. I just feel the doctor did not give me any reasons for his decision. It is a tough spot!

Can't wait to hear from everyone who was banded today. Hope you are all doing GREAT!

Toni,

Yes this is my oldest child who is getting married. My son is 21 and has a daughter, age 17 months. As you can imagine my life has had a few bumps in the road, but I am blessed with a beautiful grandaughter. My son and his fiance are getting married and the wedding reception is at my house! I have been doing all the hard work this past week and this weekend. Next weekend after the surgery I plan to take a rest and do some baking. I am getting some food catered and some I am doing. I enjoy it, but hell, it is going to be interesting with the eating restrictions.

I have 3 other children, 18 year old son, and a 15 and 12 year old step daughters.