Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

I couldn't wait to get home today from work to see if you had written anything about your first day with the band. I hope things are going great for you. I hope you have some family or friends who are helping you. It was so sweet of Heather to update the calendar before she left today. I hope we here something from all of them tomorrow. Again, so glad you are back home!:confused:

Hope everyones day went well and everyone who had surgery is feeling well!

Janine - Thanks for the update I was worried about you all day! My advice/opinion here I am afraid will not do you any good. This one is a go with your gut decision. I am so sorry about your awful situation and I just wish I could be more helpful :confused:

I couldn't wait to get home today from work to see if you had written anything about your first day with the band. I hope things are going great for you. I hope you have some family or friends who are helping you. It was so sweet of Heather to update the calendar before she left today. I hope we here something from all of them tomorrow. Again, so glad you are back home!:confused:

Hi Snoop-D-O-Double G!

I hope we hear something from the Fab 5 tomorrow, too! I'm so excited for them!!!!

I have to keep pinching myself, I can't believe I'm really banded. I already know what "fills" must feel like and why they're anticipated. I could use one already! I can tell I don't have any restriction. Also, as weird/lucky as this is: I haven't had ANY problems with the gas. I don't even feel bloated. I am thankful. I've only had one nausea spell, too, and I think it's because I drank a mug of broth too quickly.

I can't sugarcoat anything. It feels like my abdomen was hit by a Mack Truck. I really am taking my liquid hydrocodone every 4-6 hours, because I feel like I need it just to walk around upright! My sweet husband is taking good care of me and our daughters...thanks so much for asking about that! You're a doll!

OK, enough babbling. You'll be in B ANDLAND in 26 days!!! I'm excited for you, Snoopy!

---Toni

My doctor has decided to go ahead with my lapband on June 7 and monitor the gallbladder with future blood tests. It is a tough spot!

Janine,

I would def. call the nurse and pick her brain, or make an appt. to see the Dr. Otherwise, you are going to drive yourself C-R-A-Z-Y! I just don't want you to worry about the G-bladder or future problems it will cause you!:heh:

Hugs,

Toni

OK, I'm REALLY behind in posts on here, I'll try to catch up this weekend... but I had to pop in to say that ...

I GOT A DATE! Lol.

I was in Las Vegas this past week and on Tuesday morning the surgery center called me and set me up for surgery on JUNE 15, 2007!!! Only TWO more weeks until I can start living my life again!! I'm so excited!

A friend asked me if I was scared at all about surgery, and not being able to "eat" like I always have. (She's considering lap band too.) I am totally 100% NOT scared or worried about surgery. Food... thats a whole other issue, but I'm ready to change my life, thats why I'm doing this. I'm just so stinking excited!!!

That's great Suzzzie. I know you have been desperately waiting for it. ToniTeach, so glad you didn't have the gas problem. I'm hoping for the same.

June is ticking away for the rest of us.

That's great Suzzzie. I know you have been desperately waiting for it. ToniTeach, so glad you didn't have the gas problem. I'm hoping for the same.

June is ticking away for the rest of us.

Holy Crow, INSUB....only 3 more days!!!!! And they will fly! I'm excited for you!!!!

Cheers!

Toni

Hey Toni, it's great to see you up and about! So happy to hear about the no gas thing.

Can't wait to hear from our 6/1 banders!!

Suzzzie, glad you finally got a date. I'm asked the same thing and truthfully I'm more excited than scared. Of course the closer I get I'll probably be feeling little (very little) pangs of being scared.

Insub, you said it! June IS ticking away for the rest of us. I can't believe I'm looking at 3 1/2 weeks already. And I still have another sleep study (sleep apnea) and 2 other appointments. Looks like I'll be on the fast track soon.

Can't wait, can't wait.

Thank you all for your support. I just get so anxious and want everything to happen NOW. Lol. But June 15 is just around the corner now. :o

Can't wait to hear from all of the June 1 bandsters!

Happy weekend everyone!

Toni- Great to hear from you and that you are doing well! It sounds like the pain in you stomach is all normal. Did you have to ask for the liquid meds or did your script specify this? Something to know when my hubby goes to the pharmacy. Do you work outside the home? I am having my surgery Thursday and at first was going to take off until the following Thursday, but I might try to go back Monday or Tuesday. You will have to let me know how your days progress! Have a great BAND weekend.

Becky-You are right, I will call the nurse, who is a Jeanine too! She will be the person who will be my primary go to after the surgery and who I see for my follow up visit. Her credentials is higher than an RN but I can't remember. I think once I talk to her I will feel better. The doctors are very conservative and excellent from all I know, so I will trust them. I have never had problems with my gallbladder, gallstones, or anything. But I want to hear more. I doubt a visit with the doc would happen unless the date is rescheduled since my surgery is this Thursday.

Thanks for your support.

After a good nights sleep, I am back to EXCITEMENT! And I lost 1 more lb!

Stay cool, hot here!

CRABBY!!!!!! I was just wondering about you! So glad to get your post out there! I was banded at a (beautiful) facility called Journey Lite, and Lite was right. Maybe it was because my surgery was unexpectedly moved up, but I had ZERO tests till just before surgery. They took and EKG and bloodwork just before I got banded....I mean JUST BEFORE!

I haven't even met with my nutritionist yet!!!! Everything is happening bass-ackwards! I still can't believe I'm banded. Seems like I should've been last, not 2nd! BTW...where is Hoosierpoms?????

So, Marie, please let us know how your sleep studies go. I never had any problems with apnea, but with STAYING asleep. Lunesta has been a Godsend.

Hugs,

Toni

After a good nights sleep, I am back to EXCITEMENT! And I lost 1 more lb!

Stay cool, hot here!

Atta Girl, Miss Java!!!! Way to go with the weight loss. I swear, I think you all lose half your weight on this pre-op diet your first year! :)

It is very typical for my Dr. to prescribe phenergan suppositories for nausea and Lortab Elixir for pain to his patients after banding. I've got a few refills on the elixir which I may refill once as I'm really using it. I think, if I'm remembering right, the pain is actually coming from the port which is "sewn" into muscle". It just hurts to bend over, change positions while lying down, etc... I would get the liquid Tylenol for adults, but my experience with the "ole capsules" was it was like popping tic-tacs, so I used some liquid motrin for children.

I have a question for you all. I'm walking around my home, and even climbing the flight of stairs to our 2nd floor. I know walking is recommended and STRONGLY encouraged. Do you think they mean just regular movement or "get on the treadmill". I keep thinking if it's the latter, I'm going to only do about 1 m.p.h. :faint:

Where are you, Java? It's 77 here in Houston, only getting up to 88, but I'm worried about my Floridian friends.....watch out for Barry. Hopefully he won't be too much of a bugger!:o

Cheers,

Toni