Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Good luck to all being banded today!

Have fun in Destin Heather! I'll have to try the mushroom soup; I've tried the Tomato Soup and it's yummy too.

And nobody will get this like y'all will, so here goes....I feel the pounds melting away! Yeeeehaaaaaaa! Even though this liquid diet is a major kick in the bum, I'm lovin' the results! How 'bout y'all?

OK, I'm feeling better (emotionally) today than I was yesterday. I've decided to quit whining! I still have pain and am sleeping in the recliner because it hurts badly to lay anyway other than my back, but I'll deal with it! The pain is just temporary. When all is said and done I will be thinner and healthy!

I had a dream last night that I went to some party and I was still quite chubby, but smaller than I am now, and there were guys hitting on ME instead of my friends! That was a great dream!

I am also down to 365.5 pounds today. Started at 382... so this is amazing. I should count up my calories - even though I'm still in full liquids right now.

ANYWAY - I hope everyone has an amazing day!

CONGRATULATIONS - to all who are banded today!

Good morning everyone, I'm fine. I have my pre surgery appointment in the morning, I pray all goes well there so I can count on June 25th. It's getting hard to sleep at night. Excitement, anticipation and concern all rolled into one. I attend a seminar last night just for that little extra reassurance. My doctor actually hyped the RNY mor ethan the band? I guess that't normal, maybe more money? They scare people with the slippage thing. Scare tactic. I'm still sticking with my descision on the band. After the doctor's performance last night, RNY won many new prospects. I learned to research what causes this to happen, and make every effort to prevent it from happening to me.

I am also down to 365.5 pounds today. Started at 382... so this is amazing.

Suzzzie,

Your weightloss is AMAZING! Keep it up girl!

Nina

Good morning everyone, I'm fine. I have my pre surgery appointment in the morning, I pray all goes well there so I can count on June 25th. It's getting hard to sleep at night. Excitement, anticipation and concern all rolled into one. I attend a seminar last night just for that little extra reassurance. My doctor actually hyped the RNY mor ethan the band? I guess that't normal, maybe more money? They scare people with the slippage thing. Scare tactic. I'm still sticking with my descision on the band. After the doctor's performance last night, RNY won many new prospects. I learned to research what causes this to happen, and make every effort to prevent it from happening to me.

Hi Pamla!

Wow, the 25th is like right around the corner. I remember I had all of those same emotions. You made a good decision to stick with the band & you are smart enough to do your homework.

Good luck lady!

Nina

Hottytoddy, I was going to ask how it was you were eating sushi so soon after banding? I wanted the name of your surgeon so I could go to him for a post-op diet. But I just read your follow-up post.

I hope all goes well for those of you just banded or being banded today. I'm on deck for the morning, today I get to drink five of these clear liquid protein/fiber drinks today...hurrah. I wouldn't mind if it was just clears that I could choose, but these things are pretty bad. And I HATE artificial sweeteners. I can tell right now I'll be a tough patient for my nut to follow.

Take care all, I'll check in again later.

FaithMD...Can you believe it???? Tomorrow is the big day for you!!!! I am SO excited for you! You've been so patient and supportive of everyone. I wish you all the best tomorrow and I'll be thinking of you!

Holliwagz- Hope you are feeling well after your surgery! I'm with you and am hoping to lose 10 lbs a month!

Hottytoddy- Are you able to eat anything as long as it is baby food consistancy or do you have a list to choose from? Hope you had a great time in Destin!! Sounds like fun!

Pamela68- Hope all goes well with your pre-op today!

Suzzzie- I'm sorry your having all that pain I hope you are able to get some releif with your pain meds. My chest is still a little painful when I breath deep and my port site is a little more painful than before esp if I bend over. I am driving 30 minutes to the dentist today and than back, I hope I don't regret it.We had our surgery the same day, just wondering do you still feel all bloated and full? Mine stomach does not feel quite as bloated as it did yesterday but even though the scale says I have lost weight i don't feel it.Hope you feel better soon!!!!

JackiP12-your so lucky you can have pudding& broth from a cream Soup. What stage diet are you on?

Faithmd- I know you are so excited it's finally here, you'll do great!!

Beckiet- Have you been able to eat yougart, pudding and soup since you got home from the hospital? I must have the most strick Dr. and diet because I can't have any of that not even at my blended stage and even when I get to stage 4 I can't have pudding or Soups. Seems like most people from what I have been reading can eat a lot of different foods. Mine is very restricted I'm beginning to find out. How are you feeling since your surgery?

Holliwagz- Hope you are feeling well after your surgery! I'm with you and am hoping to lose 10 lbs a month!

Hottytoddy- Are you able to eat anything as long as it is baby food consistancy or do you have a list to choose from? Hope you had a great time in Destin!! Sounds like fun!

Pamela68- Hope all goes well with your pre-op today!

Suzzzie- I'm sorry your having all that pain I hope you are able to get some releif with your pain meds. My chest is still a little painful when I breath deep and my port site is a little more painful than before esp if I bend over. I am driving 30 minutes to the dentist today and than back, I hope I don't regret it.We had our surgery the same day, just wondering do you still feel all bloated and full? Mine stomach does not feel quite as bloated as it did yesterday but even though the scale says I have lost weight i don't feel it.Hope you feel better soon!!!!

JackiP12-your so lucky you can have pudding& broth from a cream Soup. What stage diet are you on?

Faithmd- I know you are so excited it's finally here, you'll do great!!

Beckiet- Have you been able to eat yougart, pudding and soup since you got home from the hospital? I must have the most strick Dr. and diet because I can't have any of that not even at my blended stage and even when I get to stage 4 I can't have pudding or Soups. Seems like most people from what I have been reading can eat a lot of different foods. Mine is very restricted I'm beginning to find out. How are you feeling since your surgery?

I quit taking the lortab elixor on Monday - it didn't help at all with the pain, and would knock me out for hours. I have been taking liquid tylenonl twice a day, mostly cause I get headaches. The pain I have is a cramping, like muscle cramps. I think I would benefit from a muscle relaxer...maybe I'll ask the doc about that on Friday?

I am starting to feel a general discomfort around my port site, which is just odd and hard to explain. The skin around the port site is still numb to the touch, and swollen, and when I lightly push around it it feels weird. All of my incisions look great, no pain from them at all.

And, no, I don't feel like I've lost weight. I still feel bloated and blah. Haha, either way, its nice to see the scale move in the RIGHT direction!

I just wanted to thank all of you for your energy, humor and excitment.

I was banded on the 15th and am doing fine. I think I was eating too much at a time the last two days,(even though I am sipping) but I am trying to remedy that.

You guys have been a great help! <3 all my June band siblings!

Has anyone who has been banded joined a support group--other than lbt?

Kland---

I know that Dr. B. has a support group that meets on the first Thursday of each month. It may be AIGB rather than Dr. B.

Are you planning on going?

Hi everyone!

After a "perfect" day yesterday (2 Protein Shakes and some Soup at dinner), I woke up this morning feeling very very full. So far today I've only been able to have one Protein Shake. I feel very full right now but am trying to sip tea slowly. Anyone else experience this? I slept on my right side last night for the first time (My port is near my right-rib). I keep getting this deep-stomach feeling like I have to burp too. I'm really happy because I know I won't be able to eat a lot, but I am worried about getting dehydrated.

-Michele

Bigbaby, we are so busy right now with our kids' sports that I'm not going to commit to anything right now. It surely will be something to look into though.

How are you feeling?

Pippz-I am concerned about dehydration, too.

And to anyone who had to do Clear Liquids for more than a day, I applaud you. I am dying here! Terrible headache and so tired. I thought the last two weeks of low-carb, low-fat would make this a breeze. Wow, was I wrong.

:faint: