Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery is September 23 rd. They called yesterday so I will be moving to the other phase of this journey. Can't wait.

My surgery is September 23 rd. They called yesterday so I will be moving to the other phase of this journey. Can't wait.

Keep us posted!!!!!!

Hi Everyone - I'm 3 days post-op and home from the hospital since yesterday. SleeverSue - I am so glad you told me to bring big pants to the hospital - you were so right!!! I gained 9 lbs. in the hosp from all of the IV fluids. I was dehydrated and unable to urinate so they kept giving them to me. Oh my gosh - I still haven't lost all that weight. The truth is that I have a lot of pain and can barely sip - but each day is getting a little better. I'm not worried about it cause I know it will go away. The doctor wanted me to start on the Protein Drinks right away when I got home - but I want to lose the weight I gained there first. I've already been walking and will go out with my husband again today - for just a little one. The weather is beautiful and this is a perfect way to begin autumn - not being hungry!!

Sweetness...just drink 2 oz of Protein Drink 3x a day and dont say "but I wanna" your d9c knows what you need. It will all come flying off pretty soon. Stay off the scale. Walk drink protien and sip water...go!

19sweetness69, be sure and drink the Protein drinks. It is preventive for making sure you don't lose your hair later. You need your protein every day. The Water weight from the IVs will come off in a couple of days and then you will start losing other pounds. So glad you are home and remember every day you will feel better and better. Just keep sipping those fluids. The more you drink, the faster the body will get rid of the extra fluids.

Thanks reallyrosy and sleeversue - I am drinking the drinks. 4 days post-op and I walked 1/4 of a mile yesterday. I actually could have walked a little more - but didn't want to push it. My

friends come over and keep making me laugh - and it hurts to laugh - as I'm sure you're both

aware. I look like I've been hit by a big semi truck. I'm sure you remember that, too. But each

day is getting a little better and I am slowly losing the weight gained in the hosp. -

thank goodness.

Thanks for all the support!!!

19s69 glad u rnt beong bull headed like i was. Cant recall being black amd blue but if so, u will likely forget abt it all too soon. Just stay open to the new life experiences u are bound to have...and try to enjoy it while u r having them

Today is 1 week since the surgery and I'm already on nonfat plain yogurt (blended with banana & strawberries) in place of a Protein drink, applesauce and cottage cheese. Yea - real food! Things get a little better each day - but still some surgical pain - which takes a little time. Dr. said I was doing great! Beautiful day today. When my husband comes home from his 5 1/2 mile walk - we'll go out for my .35 mile walk. Doesn't sound like much - but it will get better. Have a great day, everyone!

Wow. I was on liquid 2 weeks and started yoghurt after that. U r doing great.

I'm eight weeks out today and down 36 lbs. I was very weak for the first 2-3 weeks and could barely walk any distance, so you are doing very well with your walking. I really had little pain, though, so we are all different.

One complication I had at about four weeks was the dreaded Constipation. I kept thinking things would resolve by taking some proactive precautions, but after a week it was obvious that wasn't enough. I ended up in the emergency room, a less than pleasant experience. I learned to take more aggressive action much earlier to avoid this. Just be sure to monitor things.

I've had some cravings, but one bite generally makes it go away. It's amazing how unimportant food is now. Old "friends" just don't taste the same anymore. I just hope this continues.

Good luck on your journey!

Kate

*kate*, I use Miralax all the time to prevent Constipation. I ended up with two bouts of scatia and never want to do that again! I am four months out and will keep using it. It is because we are not getting the amount of Fiber we use to.

19sweetness69, the hardest part is behind you. You made it through the surgery and hospital stay and now week 1 is done. It gets easier every week. Keep up the good work on walking. You are smart to not overdo it. Just keep moving up slowly. The health benefits are tremendous!

I'm 67 and my surgery was Nov if 2012. I weigh everyday and this helps me maintain. Keep up the good work.

*kate*, I use Miralax all the time to prevent Constipation. I ended up with two bouts of scatia and never want to do that again! I am four months out and will keep using it. It is because we are not getting the amount of fiber we use to.

I have been using Miralax too, now. The "problem" kind of snuck up on me and I didn't handle it soon enough. Won't happen again, but I wanted to warn people to be aware.

The best part of all of this is that food isn't important any more. After years of centering my life around food, it's so refreshing to just not care and eat to live, not live to eat.. I thought this would be disheartening, but it's so freeing not to have food as my focus in life.

Congrag to all who have reached goal. It amazes me to see how much each of you have lost. Way to go!!!!

I use 250 mg of stool softener by Equate(Walmart) every evening. Smooth Move tea works well to get you going also.

I'm past the half way mark now. I was eating what I wanted and stalled for 2 mo's but now I'm back to no sugar or starch (basically Atkins and or Dukan plan). I guess I needed the time psychologically to eat carbs which put me at a plateau that was hard to break but I've done it. I want to be at goal by my 68th bday in March. I can remember so many many years past saying I would be at a healthy weight by my b-day but this time it is happening.

I'm so glad I got my sleeve 7 mo's ago. Only issue I've had is indigestion which Prilosec takes care of. I never had it before the sleeve but I'm hoping it will get better in time. If not it's a small price to pay for getting to a healthy weight.

My BP is normal and only meds I take are Synthroid which the Dr is decreasing as I loose weight.

My arthritis pain has decreased greatly and I have more energy with a brighter outlook on life now. Best thing I could of done for myself.

@@Sherry S

Now THAT's a wonderful success story. That's literally my goal.