Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Its quite interesting we have all had the same operation but we have different diet timeframes and some of us had staples instead of glue, but I guess we have all ended up with the same result. Do you guys know what size your stomach pounch was shaped to. Mine is a 36cu, I think 50, 40 and 32 are some of the other sizes that can be used.

Sent from my SM-G900I using the BariatricPal App

Oh I don't know about the size of my new stomach I'm going to email my surgeon I can eat more than I think I should I can easily eat an entire yogurt tub and a whole scrambled egg easily the other night I had an entire yogurt and a med size banana I was mortified I'd eaten it all and quite sick feeling but when I watched a NZ show the other night on people getting the surgery they could only eat one ice cube size of defrosted food at a time I don't feel restriction

Sent from my iPhone

I find I can eat more some days then others and I dont know why and then other days I can hardly get a few mouthfuls in. A brother of mine back in NZ has mentioned that program called the 'big ward' if it's the same one. I wish I could have seen it b4 the op. Although I have no regrets and still believe that this will be one of the best things I have ever done. I bet if you put on a plate what you used to eat next to what you are eating now you would be amazed.

I think it depends on what you eat? Yoghurt and liquid foods eg Soup you'd be able to have more. I had a piece of grilled cheese & Tomato on toast today & yesterday & day before. 1st day could eat the whole thing, yesterday I ate 3/4 & felt full today I ate 3/4 and threw up afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Kiwijet I'm a 36 too :) he said he use to do a 32 but the risk of leaks was increased and more common

and the recovery was much harder

Sent from my iPhone

Kiwijet yes the big ward my surgeon is the surgeon on that show however when I first saw him in December I had no idea of the show I found out in February we he popped onto my tv screen he does private and public like a lot of surgeons the big ward was based around public hospital patients and has just finished and was great in terms of seeing snippets of the actual surgery he's amazing it's like 9.35 at night here I emailed him earlier at 7.30 he emailed me back with those answers regarding my stomach size he's so approachable and real. So what does a 36 look like Kiwijet do you know? Yes so true I can only eat a tiny fraction of what I useto eat I had huge portions

Sent from my iPhone

Dont know what a 36 looks like but my surgeon reckons its the best size. Too many problems with the 32 and I respect his opinion as hes one off if not the most experienced surgeons in Melbourne with almost 700 operations.

Omg guys I just re read my notes and I could start soft foods on Tuesday I thought I was still on purée so tonight I'm having mashed potatoe and quarter of a sausage not my first choice as I don't ever eat sausages but I was already cooking my partner tea so I'm just having some of his for tonight I'm so frigin excited I can eat peckish rice crackers lol in moderation to think I've been suffering all week on purée lol re read re read re read the notes.

Sent from my iPhone

Trips going great but its hard to try different food when you are by yourself as I cant finish anything. The funny thing is I used to finish my partners plate and now we just share one. I overjudged my dinner tonight which left me with some discomfort and I had to throw up abit of it. I think I need to count how many bites I can have and then start counting them.

Oh no that's no fun when your overfull

I find it hard to judge when I've had enough still. I think for me going forward il be eating off my partners plate when going out too or just ordering a entree for a main.

Sent from my iPhone

Oh no that's no fun when your overfull

I find it hard to judge when I've had enough still. I think for me going forward il be eating off my partners plate when going out too or just ordering a entree for a main.

Sent from my iPhone

It's 15months for me and I still eat off my partners plate or kids plates when we eat out we save heaps on h'days eating out!! Love it!!