Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am till Tues but it was a special occasion. On the plus side I managed to to whipper snipper and mow all the lawns then chase said grandkids around the lawn to no ill effect. Also glad I never threw my old clothes out as I have so many that Im starting to fit again. Including ones that I never wore and still have their tags on. Are any if you finding you are hungry every 3 hrs and are you having 5-6 small serves a day or just sticking to Breakfast lunch and dinner.

Sent from my SM-G900I using the BariatricPal App

Kiwijet did it go down ok? I get a terrible pain in my chest when I eat anything to rough like reheated casserole tuna anything slightly dry even egg sometimes I couldn't imagine I could get down any bread based food id kill someone for a piece of vogles toast with butter and avocado haha I'm so over the pain after eating good on you for resisting cake that would of been hard I'm a savoury person but I do like a piece of cake

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by Shell ????

I'm struggling to remember to eat as I said before on I think Thursday I hadn't eaten a thing except coffee and at 4.30 I was like **** I've not eaten I'm struggling big time being back at work eating and drinking il eat some yogurt some cheese a coffee and an egg for dinner or some mashed potatoe with baked salmon through it that's about it

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by Shell ????

So I ended up having a few drinks watching the footie last night with some mates. Im glad to say that I havent turned into a two pot screamer but it didnt seem to be as much fun as it used to be. Havent things changed.

Shell it must be so hard being back at work already. I'm lucky I'm not back till June, so I have the luxury of being home & learning what I can and can't eat. I am remembering to eat as I really don't want to lose the muscles I have, so I am always planning my day around my meals at the moment, plus I know when I go back to work I won't have time to find out if a food is agreeing with me or not. The one food I amLOVING & tolerating quite well is. Sakata rice crackers. I'm allowed 10 for morning tea - delicious! I had some after tea last night, sat better in my stomach then actual dinner did lol

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Oh wow I do love those rice crackers we have them here too I look forward to eating crunchy things. My saving grace is cheese and yogurt that's the only foods I can eat consistently. Wow you have until June off that's amazing. It's hard when you eat something and it doesn't agree it will be much easier for me once I move onto solid food and I can eat Protein Bars I have a very yummy brand for when I get caught out on the run at work.

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by Shell ????

They are so yum aren't they! I have been having them with a little bit of Light Philadelphia Cream cheese which I'm allowed, or some Tomato salsa or even just plain. They have always been a fave of mine I'm so glad they are still ok to be eaten! I went groc shopping yesterday, I always get full fat sliced cheese as it tastes better IMO & at the start I tried to process it by saying to myself it's ok to still have, as I'm not eating much anymore. But then I had to stop myself and say to myself why did I put myself through all that surgery? I need to make smarter choices. So I grabbed the low fat cheese. I think there's going to be a lot of that going on, but it's all part of the journey. I've lost 25 kg since start of December now. So I'm really proud of what I've achieved. Plenty more to go though! Lol!

Yippee back to solid foods. Where to start. Im on a 9 day road trip starting yesterday so I have brought alot of shakes and dietary Snacks (ultraslim bars and biscuits) with me to cover any missed meals. Haha the purpose of the trip visit all the gourmet smokehouses between Melbourne and the Hunter Valley - smoking food is one of my pastimes bacon, salmon etc. Having the ability to select from a range of foods is going to be exciting especially different textures. But its not like i can eat much. My partner and I couldn't eat one main meal between us - she ate the most by far and I couldn't eat one piece of toast for Breakfast. Im itching to get on some scales as I have weighted myself for a couple of weeks.

Kiwijet your very lucky

I'm not on soft food yet I've got one more week of purée then I go to soft food then solid food I'm having trouble eating even mashed potatoes I get terrible pains in my chest. Today I had my first meal out I ordered the leak and potato Soup

omg I'd never normally order that!!!! anyhow it came out with huge lumps of potatoe And leek I couldn't eat it I just ate the liquid then had the burbs all day. My friend had a beautiful soft chicken taco I cried inside lol I could have eaten the filling of the taco very healthy just salad and chicken if I were on solid foods I can't see myself getting to that point anytime soon I can't even eat tuna it doesn't digest. It sounds like you have an exciting 9 days ahead Kiwijet I hope you enjoy your tasty holiday I'd kill for a piece of toast rite now with Peanut Butter

I so struggle eating and drinking and the time frames.

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by Shell ????

Demonchick

I am eating full fat cheese at the moment but only because I'm not getting many calories in I did buy some low fat cheese it's disgusting I do love cheese omg rice crackers and cream cheese kill me now 25kgs is fantastic my scale moved today a tad it's been forever I yelled thank F*** really loud haha I'm feeling very surprised at how slow this is going.

Sent from my iPhone

It might seem slow now Shell but we have to give it the time it deserves. Lets see where are in six months. But I understand although as I dont have scales that can weight me I am in the dark as too my weight lost and so dont really worry about it, believing it will come off in due course. If you are getting pains in your chest check to see if you think its when your stomach is filling up or if you are eating too fast. If not that then take smaller bites maybe. I notice a sudden fullness or restriction when Im full and if I am eating too quickly I can go past the full stage when I still gave food going down which can be abit uncomfortable but pain is something I would be refering to your surgeon ir nurse.

I have always been a foodie and loved cooking so it will be interesting if I can or still have the same passion/interest with my restricted diet now as I used to have.

Shell it's the only thing that goes down easy for me lol! It's sensational! Remember though I'm a few weeks ahead of you, and I only was allowed to start on solids last Wednesday. There's lots of soft food I can't tolerate even! But for Breakfast this week I've been having a piece of toast high Fiber low gi, a couple of slices of Tomato, pepper, a couple of slices of onion & a piece of low fat cheese on top, grilled. It's nice but it would be nicer if I could have full fat