Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 month medically supervised diet....Getting excited!

I am so excited to finally feel like the ball is rolling with my decision to have the lap sleeve done! I am on the road to becoming a healthier and happier me! So far, 2 months down and the 3rd diet check-in on the 15th. My end date for the supervised diet is mid August. In a way, I am irritated with the 6 month diet insurance loop hole. But, understand and figure that I might as well used it to get myself in check and nail down the basics of what is to come after the surgery. My docs didn't advise me to lose any, but more of maintaine my weight. I am right on the border with comorbidities. A few pounds loss would be ok. I am soooo excited for what is ahead of me in life!!!

So excited for you!! I had a 6 month wait to get my finances together my sleeve and i used that time to read and study up on the surgery, and start making changes in my eating habits. I think it was an awesome learning experience and that is why I am having so much success. My nutritionist worked with me as well and she didn't sugar coat anything. You will have such an advantage over others who just jump right in there with very little preparation. I love your posative mental attitude toward it!! You will be quite sucessful no doubt! Best wishes and congrats on your new journey!! :D

Thank you so much for the kindness and encouragement! I can't believe in about 2 weeks I will be half way there! I am so ready for this change in life and to use the sleeve as a way to help me achieve my goals. It took me 2 1/2 years to finally decide to have this done. There is finally a light at the other end of the tunnel! :)

I, too, had to do the 6 months supervised diet with my PCP. My last appointment is May 5, and my surgery is scheduled for June 2.

I am VERY excited. It seems like these past 6 months have passed very very very slowly :(

I am hoping that since it is the warmer months, that it goes by more quickly. Usually we are pretty busy in the summer with 3 little kiddies. So far, so good! I bet you are getting really excited! Good luck with your upcoming day! This time next year, I should be where I want to be with my weight. Eeeeeeeekkk!!! Can't wait!!! :)

I am just starting my 6 months supervised diet, had my first surgeon apt. today, so good luck, reading your post tells me I can get thru it too, just wanting to get going on this. lol, thanks for sharing

I have my 4th supervised diet visit on the 28th of May and I've lossed and gained but haven't gone above my starting weight. I've learned so much during this time about Protein, portions, eating slow, chewing, sipping etc. I feel like this time has gone really fast maybe because between work, my 4 year old, and preparing it doesn't seem like a long time.

Life with a hubby, 3 little girlies, 2+1 dogs (Our neighbor's dog hangs out at our house. We love her like she is our own), my photography businesss and just life in general, makes life pass quickly. There isn't a dull moment in this house! I hope this time goes quickly for all of us and we all learn and benefit from this time!

Seems like there are a lot of us in the 3 or 6 month waiting pool for insurance approval. And Jodi S, I'm in WA state too - Seattle area. I'm 2 months into my 6 months medically supervised diet although I'm kinda doing my own thing learning a lot from here. Nothing against my PCP, but she's a naturopath and her suggestions don't help me loose weight. And there were more like suggestions not an actual food plan. I've upped the Protein and activity nad track calories on myfitnesspal and where as the scale is slow to move, my clothes are fitting better than ever.

Life with a hubby, 3 little girlies, 2+1 dogs (Our neighbor's dog hangs out at our house. We love her like she is our own), my photography businesss and just life in general, makes life pass quickly. There isn't a dull moment in this house! I hope this time goes quickly for all of us and we all learn and benefit from this time!

I am a photographer, also :D

It's nice to meet you MisforMimi! It's nice to know there are others that are close by going through the same stuff. :)

WendyT~ I love photography with a passion! I am so lucky to get to call this a job! :)