Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band stopped working I think?

Hello everyone,

It has been a long while since I have been here and things have changed alot.

I got my band in July 2009 and I did lose 60 lbs in the beginning. However for the past ohh 4 yrs I want to say I have absolutly come to a stand still.. NOT gaining or losing.. This really stinks. I actually joined a gym about 14 months ago and I do go today 4-5 days a week. I love going to the gym but other then making me stronger and building my muscles I have not lost any inches nor weight!! I have had so many test done, thyroid is fine. I have gone through menopause, I have been on and off of hormone replacement, I do not sleep well and my life is full of major stress, I do eat very good and healthy, i cook my own food from mostly organics/fresh foods. I very REARLY do I eat out.. I even keep track of my food..I take suppliments and I am very very healthy ..I am not perfect with all this even after all these years but I do not get out of line much..

This NON weight loss is killing me..I work hard at the gym and I eat right but yet nothing is happening..

I am right now as I type having a very bad time dealing with all this. Something has to give here because all this along with these lingering symptoms of menopaus which by the way has been going on about 10 yrs now, well it is just about two much for me to bear emotionally..

Well if any of you have input that might help get me jump started,,

Thanks alot for taking the time to read this and help out if you can..

Michele

@@karibensea

Welcome back to the forum! I think we may have had our surgery done at the same hospital, although different doc's. I was banded in Sep 09 at St. Alexius.

Not sure if your signature line is correct or not, but it says your last adjustment was in Feb of 2010.... and you have only had three adjustments since banding?

It sure sounds like you're doing your part!!!!!! Exercising/eating well, etc. Do you think the band is doing ITS part? Is it possible you need an adjustment?

We have a nice support group just across the river in Collinsville that meets twice a month on Thursday evenings. Possibly you'd consider joining us sometime. I've learned a lot over the years from folks and one thing I know, if my band isn't adjusted correctly for me, I overeat and won't lose. I've got a picture of a fork on my computer with the saying underneath it.... "You can't outrun your fork". Its true for me.

When was your last checkup with your surgeon?

Have you had a visit with a nutritionist? And do you count calories and if you do how many a day?

I agree with all the above. Maybe an adjustment is needed. I sometimes up the calories, per my dietitian as the metabolism will slow down with the low cal diet and the picks up a bit when it gets a few extra calories then back to the lower cal food plan and the weight would start coming off. I am at a maintenance weight (still want 10 more gone, but that is my head talking) and getting used to not seeing that scale move much for the past 6 months. Keep up the good work.

I agree with all the above. Maybe an adjustment is needed. I sometimes up the calories, per my dietitian as the metabolism will slow down with the low cal diet and the picks up a bit when it gets a few extra calories then back to the lower cal food plan and the weight would start coming off. I am at a maintenance weight (still want 10 more gone, but that is my head talking) and getting used to not seeing that scale move much for the past 6 months. Keep up the good work.

I'm at a standstill S well but I'm still going for fills but I'm frustrated at my standstill as well. Good luck to you

karibensea

Maybe I'm being a little pissy here but it would be very considerate if you could at least acknowledge you've read our replies? Just a little click on the like button on one of the posts? Otherwise, people may not take you seriously if you come back for more advice?

2muchfun. To whom where you addressing?

2muchfun. To whom where you addressing?

The OP. Her ID is in the text above my comment.

OMG I am sooo very sorry for not replying sooner.

I simply do not get on here the way I use to or should at this time.

I have moved to NJ and been here about 4yrs now, I have a doctor here who says the band is as full as it can be. I have a 10cc and it has 81/2 cc in it according to him. He is recommending that I have this thing taken out and get a sleeve!! NO way in hell will I be doing this again. I do not and have not ever regreted doing what I did it has just been frustrating.

I do everything I am suppose to do I work out, I count calories, I have a nutrionist, I have had every god known test done to see if there were underlying causes for the stall. Metobolic/insulin resistance NOPE those are not it either. Before I had the band put in I had been experienceing pre menopausal symtoms and yes that is over with well at least all things point to that..I thought this was the culpret NOPE not this either.. lol

I simply am at a loss. I am going to make an apointment I think with my original surgon Dr Minkin for my visit back to St Louis in NOV. Maybe he will have an answer for me..

I have never even had a problem with my band he did a fantastic job with my original surgery and I am so greatful the the job that he did do..

I am gonna try to set this thing up to notify me when someone replies and again I am SOOOO VERY SORRY for the lack of response..

Thank you for all the input

Michele