Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things I won't miss...

I will be so happy, as someone said above, to be happy looking in the mirror at the salon after a haircut. Before LASIK I left my glasses off as long as possible so I didn't have to look at myself.

I won't miss having to turn sideways and think skinny just to get in and out of a bathroom stall. Omg who are they building these stalls for??

Yea...embarrassing trying to get out of them practically having to hover over the stall just to get to door open enough to get out!

I will not miss these 46 G's or the price to pay for supporting them.

I won't miss being at a party and wanting to overload my plate because I'm still hungry but being shy because I feel like everyone is watching me.

I won't miss having to put deodorant between my thighs so I won't get a "fat" rash when I wear a skirt.

I won't miss being hot and sweaty all the time.

I won't miss pigging out in the middle of the night because I'm hungry and feeling guilty.

I won't miss being the fattest of my very thin friends lol.

I WILL still be nice and funny and caring and true to all my people. That something that won't change.

Thought I'd take a stab at spinning this in another direction - I'm looking forward to buying regular sized clothing and having more options. I'm looking forward to less pain and better health. I am loving tasting my food again and not just eating to fill a void. I'm excited to be moving forward with life and making better choices for myself.

Having just boxed up a few winter things I've under-grown, I'm looking forward to NOT wearing them again, and to not wearing those couple of summer weight shirts I bought because they fit and were dark and shapeless~!

I am however delighted to look at my closet and see lighter-tone clothes in happier shades, and looking forward to enjoying how I look in them soon, not just deciding I look as good as I can expect to given my weight.

(Since I'm only two weeks out) I look forward to losing enough that I notice it!

So many good lists here, and I have to agree with most of them! One thing I'd like to add, since I've seen no one else mention it, is the awkward/embarrassing way of wiping oneself after going poo (sorry, TMI).....but for the past year, that seems to be bugging me most often :blush:

I'm also one of those who is reluctant to go anywhere because of my size, and I've only been to church a handful of times in the past 18 months... I really miss my church family, and look forward to spending more time with them.

I feel so bad for every one of us here.... Years ago, I never gave much thought to overweight/obese people; now that I've been one for a couple years, I think differently.

And I hope that, a year or more down the line after surgery, I remember exactly how I felt at this moment when I look at others around me.

God will give me the compassion, understanding, and helping hands I'll need now and in the future!

Oh yes I am looking forward to wearing a bathing suit with no heat rash on my thighs ... Wearing winter clothes in winter instead of sweating in summer clothes in February .... Guess I might have to own a coat again. :-)

Hi all. I agree with all of these posts and actually got to crying reading them. I weigh over 500 pounds. Right now and I wanted to add I won't miss having little kids say in a not quiet voice "whoa look how fat that lady is", having my husband put my shoes on me, and him having to help me clean myself, my skin tearing open from rawness, being out of breath walking a short distance, never being able to ride a roller coaster, being too scared to get on a plane bc I won't fit, [and the the plane would prob. Go down. That's just a few I was thinking.

I look to forward to being a healthy mommy and not being afraid of that I won't be able to keep up or be active with my son. I look forward to having another baby but this time at a healthy weight. I was so uncomfortable the first time due to my weight/weight gain. On a less serious note, my husband looks forward to more room in our closet- I've kept all of clothes, a range of about 4 sizes, because of my weight fluctuations. Goodbye fat clothes! For good!

I wish all of us the best of luck!

Love this!

I won't miss feeling that every chair I sit in is going to break

I won't miss being in school and attempting to slide myself in sideways to those chair/desk combo horrors , and then having to practically ooze myself out of it.

I won't miss weekly clinicals in the hospital where some part of my shirt or pants gives way when bending/working

I won't miss being out of breath doing everything

I won't miss the awkward and sometimes completely ineffective wiping hygiene .

I won't miss turning my husband down sexually Everytime he asks because I'm so disgusted with myself, and utterly mortified.

Clothes that don't fit, do wearing the same 2-3 pants in rotation.

Black capris on a beach

No to any and all trips and activities

Not being able to catch up to my 4 year old

I could go on and on lol