Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm new to this suuport group

I'm new to this support group. I just had my two-month "band"iversary. My weight loss is twenty-one pounds & it fluctuates. I know I should have lost much more at this point. I realize that I'm finished eating way before 20 minutes is up. I didn't wait between bites. I'm doing much more focused eating. I do not have a band buddy. I've had a foot issue, but I am now able to begin exercising this week. My doctor's office stopped the support group in January 2014. I'm glad I found this place; I look forward to learning how to develop this new lifestyle.

Glad to have you here,

you will find many very supportive people here, I am 5 weeks into my new life living with a band and Loving it!

I am only down 15 pounds, but the way I look at it is Im down 15 pounds and not up.

I also have to learn to slow down when eating and start focusing more but it's all a learning process for us all

Due to a Accident many years ago I am not able to exercise much but have taken a few short walks so I know my weight loss will be slower then if I was able to be at a gym or walk more But I am Happy with loosing and not gainning!

I also need friends to help encourage me so if you would like add me to your friends list .

lapbandfeb2014 and Karad...I'm out about 3 mths now...what still struggle with slowing down my eating...causes sticks and no satiety feelings...so I am looking at a clock now while I eat...I wait at least a minute between bits. I am slow at losing as well, cause I can't exercise yet either (knee replacements) have onlost 36 lbs (include weight lost before surgery). I am told I am doing fine...but I have a tendency to compare myself to others that are really doing exercising. So although we will be a littel slower we will be looking marvelous in no time!!! Hang in there ladies...glad to see you on here...hope to chat again soon!!!

it is slow going when it comes to exercise. But every little bit helps good luck on your journey

Hi there, sounds like you all doing beautifully. As I got ready for surgery and read so many posts, I noted that around eight weeks out can be a tough time for some. The band and is installed, the healing has taken place but the excitement has also died down and there is this learning process, plus the getting to the right fill which can take a little time depending on how the surgeon schedules followups and fills. I definitely felt like I wasn't getting very far and that it was a little harder than I thought it would be, etc. But I remained excited and went to all of my appointments. It's all paid off and I feel so happy with my banded life. The weight loss but also that feeling of having the appetite monster off of my back at long last. It is also so powerful to have made this big choice for me -- choosing myself and my health. This investment in who I am and how I want to be is pretty wonderful. Best wishes for continued smooth sailing -- so glad you're all here on the forum so we can do this together.

I'm new to this support group. I just had my two-month "band"iversary. My weight loss is twenty-one pounds & it fluctuates. I know I should have lost much more at this point. I realize that I'm finished eating way before 20 minutes is up. I didn't wait between bites. I'm doing much more focused eating. I do not have a band buddy. I've had a foot issue, but I am now able to begin exercising this week. My doctor's office stopped the support group in January 2014. I'm glad I found this place; I look forward to learning how to develop this new lifestyle.

No my dear....you shouldn't presume you haven't lost enough weight at two months post band. The 'average' weekly loss is 12 lbs. Really. You lose slower with the band than with other WLS. In the end though, it makes no difference. After a couple of years, the weight loss is nearly the same regardless of which WLS you had.

Practice eating slower. As the band is filled, you must take small bites and eat slowly. Otherwise, you will find out the joys of sliming and getting stuck.

Alex (the founder of this site) is working on face to face support groups. I don't know where you live but you can search on support group threads and you should find the one Alex started. It will let you know if anything is planned for your area.

I live in New York City and we have become the test case for these support groups. We are organizing the second meeting now as a matter of fact.

Read the threads that inspire you. Take strength from the many success stories out there. Follow you doctor's instructions....don't cheat..you will only feel bad and guilty and that sucks.

Good luck and keep up the good work.