Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stall is depressing me :-(

I am almost 4 weeks post op and hit a weight loss wall 2 weeks ago. I know it's just a stall but man it sure is depressing. Everyday I hope and pray the scale starts moving but instead it rocks up and down 1-2 pounds. My energy levels have hit an all time low and I feel sad. Please tell me I didn't go through all this for nothing.

i know how you feel i am in a stall now. I am 7 weeks out and its my first stall and has lasted a week, its llike my body doesn't want to let go of the weight . its very depressing,, but just hang on , everyone says just stick to it and it will start moving again, the lbs will start to melt off again but when? so remember you are not alone , its something we all go through.

You didn't go through all this for nothing.

It is very common to have a stall at this point. Your body is adjusting to major surgery. Stay the course, it will start moving again. Stick to the baics, get all your Water & Protein in and walk as much as you can. If you're not getting in what you should, work on that. We can't expect the scale to move if we're not doing what we are supposed to.

Good luck and congratulations on your successful surgery!

I stayed at the same weight for 2 weeks (1 month post op), but my clothes were fitting differently. My doc said to stop watching the scale and causing myself unnecessary stress. He also said to do my job with getting everything in and trust that the surgery will do it's job.

Yes, I would say 3 things:

1. very common...and then "suddenly" PLOP a good loss

2. LOSE THE scale...at least for now...weigh yourself once a week

3. Measure yourself...you should feel/see a change in the way things are fitting etc.

You've got this...stay the course and you will be fine!

very true..stalls are so depressing....we all know that its expected, body is recovering...we will have inch loss and so on....yet...a stall depresses us a lot.

so lets move it...move our body,more Water more Protein....and make the scale move..

Stalls happen at EVERY point in this journey. Im 6 months post op and they happen more frequently now at this point.

That said, I decided to stop tracking all food religiously. I started to trust my sleeve(like another poster above me touched on) and the signals its sending to me.

The results? This morning I woke up with just under a 3 pound drop overnight. Only thing I changed was trusting the surgery and my sleeve.

I am almost 4 weeks post op and hit a weight loss wall 2 weeks ago. I know it's just a stall but man it sure is depressing. Everyday I hope and pray the scale starts moving but instead it rocks up and down 1-2 pounds. My energy levels have hit an all time low and I feel sad. Please tell me I didn't go through all this for nothing.

----

Happens to everyone around that time be patient and keep a positive outlook -- I was stalled for 3-4 weeks and bam started dropping weight quick -- 4 months out tomorrow and only about 8 lbs from my goal

I'm 3 weeks out - down 14 pounds but only 3 in the last 11 days. OMG I am so depressed. I cried for an hour this morning. I am eating on the average of 500 calories a day. I track them on my fitness pal and am very diligent about getting Protein, not empty calories. I have been trying to walk, although my energy level is low. I am so afraid that I have done this to my body to only lose a minimal amount of weight. Help. Please someone tell me this is going to pass. I know what science says, I should be losing weight but I'm not.

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. It's just so frustrating. I told my husband this morning that I needed to measure myself. I usually drink iced tea and not much Water, could that have something to so with it??

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. It's just so frustrating. I told my husband this morning that I needed to measure myself. I usually drink iced tea and not much Water, could that have something to so with it??

I think it could. Are you able to handle any types of water? Smartwater is a popular choice for post op, or any of the propel zero or Vitamin zero types of water.

My trick now at this point is to brew a whole pot of Decaf coffee in the morning. I have a 34 oz insulated jug I carry around with me. U add nonfat milk powder to it, which is added Protein, and just a little sf Syrup to taste. I know a whole pot is around 50 oz, so thats my goal. Before the decaf I never hit my Fluid goal.

Experiment and find a couple things that your sleeve will tolerate.

Jlang, isnt 500 calories too less? I think you should increase your calories to 800.

cheer up..your body is adjusting to this major operation. I am sure you will loose weight soon.

all the best.

@Jlangen this is quite common in the beginning, your body is still adjusting...it will be okay... just be patient and it will happen! Follow the guidelines and you will be fine! HONEST

@TheWigster I drink Decaf unsweet tea 24/7 myself, so that's not it, it is an approved beverage...one of the few I can tolerate since the surgery (I was a diet coke-aholic...at least 2 liters a day-easy!)

I'm 9 days post op and I think I hit my 1st stall. I've been the same # for 3 days. Isn't it too early for a stall?

@Mallori Baker no it's not...and put the scale AWAY...weigh in once a week (at most) right now or you will drive yourself crazy!!! :P :blink: