Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone experienced Light Headedness or feeling faint. I am six weeks post op and I notice when I get up fast or after I pick something up from the floor.

Yup, definitely been there / done that.

I hit the floor one night (BAM), and landed right next to my doggie (who kept licking me, LOL). Anyway,for several weeks post-surgery, I felt light-headed / faint. I was told it was more than likely because I wasn't getting enough fluids in. Try your best to drink your Fluid requirements. Also, watch your Protein intake.

Hang in there. It does get better.... once you start drinking more!!!

I still experience this if I don't get enough to drink or if I forget to eat, but it gets better with time

Monitor your bp. I'm 7.5 weeks out and already off my meds. I stopped the last 5mg myself for the same reason. My bp was 115/73 on 5mg lisinopril and I kept getting dizzy upon standing. Without the meds I'm fine.

Yesterday was my worst incident at work. Took my BP and it was 85/50. My norm pre op was 170's/80's.called my cardiologist and he has taken me off my 3rd med since surgery (2/3/14) TODAYS bp...128/62 HAPPY MAN HERE

I've had issues too.

my bp was borderline low so my Dr said to 1) up my Protein (higher then my post op says). 2) make sure to get my min of 64 oz of Water in, more if I'm able. and 3) intake more sodium (yay salt! Lol).

Due to running around all day at work I'm still having a hard time getting all my fluids in.

I was told to up my salt/sodium. It seems to help me out.

My doctor said my dizziness was from low blood pressure.

I wonder why some suggest more Protein. Is it the Protein in particular or is it more food in general? Just curious.

Mine was and is from dehydration. I gotta stay hydrated or I get dizzy/faint.