Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Started my pre-op 2 week diet and man o man I'm struggling. First off the Bariatric Advantage banana is not so hot...ok but not great..

2nd, I have the watery poops (yuckkkkkkkkkkk)... and it's horrible... Is this normal to have diarrhea like that, doesn't it cause dehydration?

3rd, I'm STARVINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG..

I mean like really really hungry.

Why do some doctors not do 2 weeks and some don't.. I have never been told I have a fatty liver and I have had surgeries before (last one in Oct to have my gallbladder out).

I don't know how I will make it through the next 14 days..

Helpppppppppppppppppp

I am also SO STINKING HUNGRY!!!

I'm on day 7 ish? The weight loss is definitely encouraging but yes - it stinks! (as does the poop).

Try some perrier or palegrino fizzy Water - helps me feel fuller with the bubbles. Also - no carbination after surgery so better get it in now :)

Hang in there!

Remember - keep calm and drink protein!

I'm on day 15 of a 30 day sentence. It gets easier. Are you allowed to have anything besides the Protein drinks? I am allowed 4 Protein shakes per day, plus raw vegetables (no dips, dressings, etc.) Having the raw vegetables definitely makes it easier for me. I would totally miss chewing!

I am surprised to hear that you had watery poops. Completely opposite effect with me! I've never had problems with Constipation before and it's pretty horrible! I am having to take Pericolace, which is a stool softener and a mild intestinal stimulant.

You can do it!! You are in the home stretch!! I started feeling less starved around day 4-5. I bought some herbal teas- some of them have great flavor and break up the monotony. Plus, warm liquids made me feel more satisfied for whatever reason!

I started my diet today. Thankfully it's only a week, but I'm very restricted. I can only have Protein drinks, flavored Water, sugar free Jello, sugar free popsicles and broth. I'm already starving! I completely feel your pain. I keep wondering how I'm going to make it through the next 6 days.

Have you all discovered the Thai-Ginger flavored chicken broth (Swanson's)? Its AWESOME! And its spicy! Makes me drink it slower and the spice fools my mouth into thinking its more substantial than it is :)

I started today as well. Carnation No sugar w 2% milk and 5x grams of Protein from Unjury. I'm on my 3rd one. I just wanna chew! Ha

How much is average to lose in one week? I know everyone is different.

So my NUT is not putting me on the 2 wk diet, she thinks I can get the last few pds of before May 2. Surgery scheduled May 5th. Me being worry wort. I am putting myself in the diet. It's 4 slimfast shakes and a head of lettuce a day. Who eats a head of lettuce?? Lol I guess I will be doing that. Lol I hope it works.

I'm on day 3, finally no hungar pains or hunger headaches - it does get better! I'm still sluggish, but bending the corner.

I feel ya pain! I'm on day 2 only of liquids and getting headaches also. Oh and I'm constipated...how is it that I see people on here with diarrhea if ur not eating solids?

My kingdom for a taco!

I had one of my Protein Shakes with soy milk yesterday & it was AMAZING! The soy made it thick and sweet, just like a milkshake. Try almond milk too. I think changing up your liquids helps. I also bought multiple flavors to mix it up! Good luck ladies! You got this!!

I am on the same boat!! I am starving...on top of it everyone is the office where I work is eating pizza today. It helps to see that I am not the only person struggling. I keep telling myself to see the end result and that it will be over soon enough. Just take one day at a time and don't look so much at the total number of days you have to do it. It can be overwhelming.