Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I'm going to state from the get go this is going to be a negative post, but I'm having a really rough time and need to vent. For those that plan on responding with "maybe you shouldn't have posted this, it may discourage people who are looking into surgery.." Save it lol. This is a public forum and people coming here can't expect to see only positive things. Also, this is MY experience, and I hope others don't have as rough of a time as me.

I was sleeved 4/2, about a week post op, and I also had a hiatal hernia repair.

I feel like pure crap.

I had swelling and had to stay an extra night, because I was swollen and also because I was vomiting pure stomach acid.

I can't get enough liquids in every day to save my life, getting dehydrated and can tell bc I have dark urine. When I drink it feels like it just sits in my chest.

I was put on Clear Liquids bc of swelling and just got the go ahead to move to full liquids. Protein shakes make me want to vomit so I have NO idea how I'm going to get my Protein in.

My hair is falling out.

I still can't sleep on my side or tummy so I'm uncomfortable all night.

I've been so depressed and just started back on my Zoloft which I was taking before surgery and it makes me sooo sick. So I'm trying to figure out if being super sick and nauseous is better than being super depressed and crying all day.

The acid reflux is back and it's SO bad. I literally feel like I have lemon juice boiling in the chest and throat. Calling my surgeon in the morning for a acid reflux prescription.

Today is the first day I've felt hunger post op...and it isn't head hunger, it's TRUE hunger. My stomach has growled all day and feels so empty which makes me feel nauseous.

So yeah, needless to say I'm going through the regret stage hardcore. I'm so MAD at myself that I've done something I can't reverse. I know I have an awful attitude but I promise you all if you felt how I did you would too. I just want to eat a freaking pizza and go to bed. Whoever came up with the quote "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" is crazy lol.

I hope you feel better soon. I have heard a lot of people have regret days right at first.

I'm sorry you're struggling but honestly at about one week out what you describe is not so unusual. A month from now you'll be singing a different toon. I hope you feel better, Good luck

I am 2 weeks post op. I cry just about every night. My surgery and recovery both went/are fine. It definitely is a roller coaster. I am so sorry to hear this. I hope it gets better soon for you. I am looking forward to my first support group this week. I think that will help me, maybe you can find a local one to attend. Keep the faith, again 2 weeks today for me , so still very new here too.

The growling is often a consequence of too much stomach acid. I wonder if the prescription will help. I'm so sorry you're so uncomfortable. I wish your doctor would have been more proactive to keep you comfortable!

Try instant Breakfast essential Sugar Free Chocolate with fat free milk. Also try room temp Water and eat lots of popsicles if you can't drink water

Thank you so much for the encouraging words and for all of your replies. I have to remind myself all of these issues are temporary and there IS a light at the end of this tunnel. My son (he's 5) has been my anchor, when I'm feeling down I look at him and remind myself why I did this and remind myself I will hopefully be here much longer for him! Again I'm sorry for the negativity, it was just one of those days. Thanks again for the words of encouragement!

Morgan, the way you feel is perfectly normal.. both emotional and physical darlin! I'm 3 months out and just now thankful I did it.. and honey I did it twice! First lapband then 1 yr later removed it, then 1 month later gastric! So I have had 3 surgeries!

You will feel better. You will look back at these first days and say thank goodness they passed..

We're all here to help each other push forward! The first week suck eggs. I yelled at my parents and called them names and wondered what in the world had I done to myself. Hopefully your doctor(s) can set you with something to make the transition more comfortable. Keep looking at that precious little boy of yours!

Be well…

I totally agree with the others - this will pass and you will feel better soon. As you begin to feel better, you may want to try some different varieties of Protein shakes (there are lots of recommendations here). Personally, I can't stand anything except Muscle Milk lite or Premier Protein chocolate, but everyone is different. Hang in there!

I'm so sorry I too was done on 4/2 !! Things are better for me not perfect!! I too have had the same regret !!! But I have been able

To get fluids down try some Popsicles that seems to help me and Protein big problem!! I have been trying to mix small amounts of protein with more skim milk and I also try to walk when drinking it !! I do get gas bubbles and small amounts help teaspoon works well!! One day at a time!! Good luck

I could bore you to death with the complications I had or are still having due to WLS. I understand that you will not have an easy go of it..Most patients don't I'm afraid. But you seem right on track with how you feel about the entire situation...

If you push through you will start to feel better. You really have to try to look at this differently. Like it is part of the process so that you can continue to the next place. Attitude is 50 %. :)

You may want to try some Gatorade 2 for dehydration. I still drink it diluted by half 17 months out.

You got this okay! Your on your way...

Just keep swimming!

I was sleeved exactly 2 months prior to my wife. My surgery and recovery were textbook...zero complications. Now my wife on the other hand...let's just say when I read your post, I almost said, "Honey, is that you???". LOL

She also had hernia repair (two) and an issue getting enough fluids. It took about a month for me to sleep with both eyes closed (in her state of mind, she was not to be trusted! :lol:), however she is doing great now and that early period is a distant memory. I pray you have a speedy recovery and hope you have the same outcome as my bride. She is now 9 months out and we're lovin' life!

Good luck!

Disney Christmas 2013

Edited by Who Dat 70461

Hi Morgan. It will get better one day at a time. I know its hard when you feel like nothing is going right. I had my sleeve 2/3/14 and came home two days later with 6 inches of snow on the ground and no support system in place. I couldn't get outside, couldnt get enough Water or Protein in me and thought for sure I had literally ended my own life. Here I am a little over two months post op, weather is changing so I can now be a bit more active and feeling so much better. I still have nausea once in a while and still can't seem to get my protein or water intake what it should be but I do feel good and down 39 lbs. Hope you feel better soon and keep your chin up.. you have that sweet little boy wanting his mommy health and happy.