Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting in the protein?

Wow, I couldn't do it? I don't know how people drink that stuff? Now I drank half of it and my stomach is gurgling? I don't know why? I hope it doesn't make me sick!!!

I had such a hard time with the Protein too. There was one flavor of the Isopure that I could barely stomach- it is the red one, but yeah the aftertaste is nasty. I had to not breathe out of my nose after I drank it.

I just started amping up my protein- I had egg or chicken everytime I ate and my labs all came out good.

Good luck- it does get easier as you can eat more regularly.

Thanks Chelle, I think that is what I am going to do too, I am actually going to stop at the grocery store on the way home to pick up some more eggs, and I am going to boil eggs and have them in the morning and then I am going to get a pork roast and put it in the crock pot tonight till the morning and bring some of that to work. I have to figure this out as these supplement Protein drinks aren't working for me, I did pick up some of those Quest Protein Bars though and yum, they are good!!! I can take those in too, and so I can use one of those daily if I want? We will see, thanks though!!!

Baconville, you can have mashed potatoes? I thought that you were supposed to stay away from carbs?

Yes, I was allowed 1/4 cup of thin mashed potatoes, but only with Protein powder added to them. This was only for week two on pureed. Once I transitioned to soft food, then I the rule was three Tablespoons of Protein and one Tablespoon of a fruit, vegetable or starch. At nine months I am just approaching 1/4 cup of a fruit, vegetable or starch.

Jello has Protein?

<p>Jello has Protein?</p>

It does if you make it with Isopure instead of the cold Water ;-)

No thanks aprilhansen, I am all set with that isopure!!! That stuff is awful.

<p>No thanks aprilhansen, I am all set with that isopure!!! That stuff is awful.</p>

I agree, completely!

Try the fruit Punch Isopure with about 4 oz of fruit juice-makes all the difference

Try the fruit Punch Isopure with about 4 oz of fruit juice-makes all the difference

I don't know if I could handle anymore ISOpure. I tried the Syntrax lemon tea and even mixed with crystal lite lemon tea I couldn't do it. I actually managed to get all my Protein in yesterday but I left like I are way too much all day. I was at like 600 calories.

I'm jealous of those of you who have found Protein drinks you can tolerate. I can handle the mocha Atkins shakes, but they're only like 13 grams of Protein. Better than nothing I suppose.

Edited by Wallflower7522

I make a smoothie with a cup of plain Greek yogurt, 1/2 scoop unflavored GNC Protein Powder, frozen strawberries and diet cran-grape juice. Sometimes a splash of lemon or lime juice. I make them and put them in my freezer. Take them out and eat with a spoon as it thaws. I make it in the magic bullet mugs and one mug has over 30 grams of Protein. I do 2 a day and they it's easy to get the rest with food. I love the Quest bars too. I keep one or two in my purse all the time.

I too can't stand the Protein Shakes now of any kind. I'm 4 weeks post-op, I had my surgery 3/18/14. I went online and looked up other way to get in my Protein without protein shakes. They talked about cottage cheese, grilled chicken, ground beef & egg etc. At this point it seems like a good ideal, right now I puree my grill chicken to get my protein. I also tried the Isopure protein, that was some terrible stuff. Never again. If anyone have anymore suggestions I'm all ears. Where can I find some unflavored Protein Powder and what is the name of it.

Unjury has unflavored had some today with my yogurt. Also hemp Protein is good in a green smoothie.

Edited by Good Molly

unjury chicken Soup has 20g of Protein in each serving and it's good tasting in my opinion.

Unjury cheese sauce is good on your mashed potatoes or vegetables and it also has 20g of Protein per serving.

Mix the Unjury unflavored protein to sugar free Jello, crystal light, Greek yogurt, and sugar free pudding.

I hope this helps you and the best of luck to you.