Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April Sleevers?

I'm doing great. No pain problems (unless I cough, that is). No issues with my sleeve, no nausea, etc. I weighed at my post-op appt on Thursday, 6 days after surgery, and I had already lost 13 lb. My daughter and fiancé both said they can tell I've lost weight, it already shows. Wow. Happy birthday!! Congrats on the 13lbs!!! ! Im so happy that u are doing great… .I also feel great!! ! My one probkem is that I weigh myself every day I have to stop that cause I have not lost anything in 2 days lol… ..what kind of Soups are u eating cause I cant find a goid one yet. I started to drink Tomato juice and its so good lolol the one thing I miss is my Decaf coffee.. Im not realky sure why we cant gace coffee.. I have been doing 8oz of skim milk with a pack of sf hit chocolate which is 10 grams of Protein so that is helping alittle but I sure want that coffee

I'm on full liquids so eating lots of Soups, the best-tasting ones I can find in the local restaurants. I can only eat 1/3 C at a time so it better dam well taste fantastic! I puree it if necessary, and one bowl lasts me a few days.

Today is my 49th birthday, and my family is genuinely distressed that they can't take me to dinner or bake me a cake. It's much harder on them than it is me, I didn't expect that. It was a gorgeous day here today and my daughter brought me flowers and balloons and a great bowl of Soup, so I had a wonderful day!

Next year I will be making a small SF Protein "cake" and SF protein ice cream so my family can Celebrate with me, more for them than for me. :)

How are YOU doing?

I'm doing great. No pain problems (unless I cough, that is). No issues with my sleeve, no nausea, etc. I weighed at my post-op appt on Thursday, 6 days after surgery, and I had already lost 13 lb. My daughter and fiancé both said they can tell I've lost weight, it already shows. Wow. Happy birthday!! Congrats on the 13lbs!!! ! Im so happy that u are doing great… .I also feel great!! ! My one probkem is that I weigh myself every day I have to stop that cause I have not lost anything in 2 days lol… ..what kind of Soups are u eating cause I cant find a goid one yet. I started to drink Tomato juice and its so good lolol the one thing I miss is my Decaf coffee.. Im not realky sure why we cant gace coffee.. I have been doing 8oz of skim milk with a pack of sf hit chocolate which is 10 grams of Protein so that is helping alittle but I sure want that coffee

I'm on full liquids so eating lots of Soups, the best-tasting ones I can find in the local restaurants. I can only eat 1/3 C at a time so it better dam well taste fantastic! I puree it if necessary, and one bowl lasts me a few days.

Today is my 49th birthday, and my family is genuinely distressed that they can't take me to dinner or bake me a cake. It's much harder on them than it is me, I didn't expect that. It was a gorgeous day here today and my daughter brought me flowers and balloons and a great bowl of Soup, so I had a wonderful day!

Next year I will be making a small SF Protein "cake" and SF protein ice cream so my family can Celebrate with me, more for them than for me. :)

How are YOU doing?

omg I wish I really knew how to reply correctly on this site… im using my phone so it doesnt work right for me… my reply is in the middle of ur post ..im sorry

yes its very risky but it made me feel better at the momment, i wouldnt do it every day or wouldnt recommend anyone to do it, its just a risk that at the momment I felt ok trying it .. LOL :D

I did this too with a cheeseburger. I just wanted to taste the flavor and I spit it out. Didn't consider it bad or a problem at the time but can understand how it could be. I also don't plan on that being a habit. At all.

I know, its just to kill the anxiety of the taste or the chewing of your favorite food... it will eventually fade away

I inboxed you but just read your message below and I understand why you lost so much weight, Congrats keep up the tough work you are doing. I am sure the results make you happy but I am not so sure I want to torture myself with only liquids for a month,

I had surgery in April 9th in venezuela and today is my 3rd week the anxiety is the worst i want to eat but for some reason my nutritionist put me on a 4 week liquid diet... I have no pain no nausea no dumpin or diarrea ... Im think on cheating on the diet everysingle hour of the day... i want at least chicken mashed potatoes and ground beef I want something to chew... on the other hand i've lost 46 pounds on 21 days... it feels good but i hate the anxiety is not even hunger its the urge to chew on food ...

I had mine April 21 I'm down 16 pounds. Slower than I would like but my doctor told me to not weight every day he actually yell at me for doing that. I walked 2 miles on the treadmill the last Sunday for the 1st day and it's also the 1st day I was up .4 pd vs being down but my % of fat went down

What are you guys doing for clothes? I cant afford to buy a new wardrobe every few weeks. Any brilliant ideas?

What are you guys doing for clothes? I cant afford to buy a new wardrobe every few weeks. Any brilliant ideas?

Yes alterations is a smart move at the beginning. Hope that helps and/or start shopping at resale shops

When I was at my heaviest, I wore pants with elastic waists, tanks and sweaters or jackets for work. I go back next week and I am hoping they still fit only looser. Over the years I packed away my good work clothes in bins I the attic so I have clothes upstairs from size 10 to size 16. I have no idea if they are stylish at all but if not I am a good sale shopper. Have lots of coupons for Macys, JCP, Sears and Dress Barn. Hope to use them wisely.

Tailors in the New York area tend to be expensive and sometimes it's cheaper to buy new clothes instead. Also try selling the larger clothes as you shrink. My local area has a garage sale page on Facebook. A lot of people sell clothes on that site.

How are YOU doing?

omg I wish I really knew how to reply correctly on this site… im using my phone so it doesnt work right for me… my reply is in the middle of ur post ..im sorry
Happy birthday!! Congrats on the 13lbs!!! ! Im so happy that u are doing great… .I also feel great!! ! My one probkem is that I weigh myself every day I have to stop that cause I have not lost anything in 2 days lol… ..what kind of soups are u eating cause I cant find a goid one yet. I started to drink tomato juice and its so good lolol the one thing I miss is my decaf coffee.. Im not realky sure why we cant gace coffee.. I have been doing 8oz of skim milk with a pack of sf hit chocolate which is 10 grams of protein so that is helping alittle but I sure want that coffee

Today has been rough and it's only 1230pm.

I'm on my second day of soft solids and they've been sitting pretty heavy but I didn't have any big problems yesterday. Today I tried a scramble egg with a bit of laughing cow cheese. It sat like a rock at the top of my stomach. I didn't feel well. I figured I could walk it out and it'd get moving. So I went to the gym to work out a little but but was so uncomfortable the entire time. Finally, I have in, walked to my car and promptly threw up in the parking lot. It sucked. :( It's the first time, since surgery two weeks ago, that I've felt so gross and sick and actually got sick!

Now I feel off and just ugh. I hope my mood picks up a little.

Don't get discouraged. One day at a time. If the eggs didn't work for you try cottage cheese or a little chunkier Soup. Give your stomach a rest for a bit. Your stomach is like that of a newborn baby. Treat it kindly and try variety. Maybe next time you try eggs, make them softer and eat a smaller amount. Trial and error. I tried cream of mushroom soup last night and if felt so good I am having it for lunch. I slept thru Breakfast. Take a breathe and give yourself a pat on the back for going to the gym.

How are YOU doing?

Happy birthday!! Congrats on the 13lbs!!! ! Im so happy that u are doing great… .I also feel great!! ! My one probkem is that I weigh myself every day I have to stop that cause I have not lost anything in 2 days lol… ..what kind of soups are u eating cause I cant find a goid one yet. I started to drink tomato juice and its so good lolol the one thing I miss is my decaf coffee.. Im not realky sure why we cant gace coffee.. I have been doing 8oz of skim milk with a pack of sf hit chocolate which is 10 grams of protein so that is helping alittle but I sure want that coffee

Thank you Rose!

DO NOT weigh yourself every day--don't do it, girl! Pack your scale away in the garage or the attic!!! Our weight is going to fluctuate on a daily basis. If you have a day, or a few days, or even a week where you don't lose or even gain, it will discourage you so much, you are going to do what......go right back to food!!!

This is not a sprint, sister. It's a MARATHON. We MUST take the long view on this! Our weight from day to day doesn't matter. What matters is what we weigh 6 months from now, at the end of our "honeymood period." The way I will be eating now is a permanent lifestyle change. If I stick to it, I will lose weight. I don't have to constantly weigh myself, because over time it WILL happen. I will notice my clothes getting looser. My face looks slimmer. People will start to notice. Weighing myself won't make me lose more or faster....it will just make me focus on the WRONG thing--numbers. Numbers are tricky and deceptive. As I gain more muscle mass through exercising, my weight will go up and down because muscle weighs more than fat--so what does the number on the scale mean? Nothing!

I hope you took all your measurements before surgery. If not, do it now. Neck, arms, bust, waist, hips, thighs, calves. If you insist on keeping your scale handy, only weigh once a week AT MOST. And if the scale doesn't tell you what you were hoping for, check all your measurements. You may have lost fat, but gained muscle. It will show in total inches lost...here is where the numbers DO matter. :)

I do not currently own a scale. I refuse to buy one until I am close to goal and need to monitor myself for small gains that could signal trouble. In the meantime, I will weigh when I visit my doc, and THAT'S IT. Obsessing over the scale would only serve to discourage me and hamper my progress. Does this make sense?

What kind of soups am I eating? I get soups at local restaurants. Canned soup will NOT do. There is very little room for food in my sleeve right now, so whatever I put into my mouth has to taste spectacular--it has to be what I now call "sleeve-worthy". LOL Panera bread has great soups. I ordered a bowl of tomato and roasted red pepper, and also spicy black bean to go, took them home and pureed them, and ate off them for 3 days! They were both delicious. I also had some chicken n dumpling soup from Perko's. Delicious and comforting. :)

As far as coffee, I don't understand why you can't have decaf. I drink "Click" decaf mocha http://www.amazon.com/Click-Espresso-Protein-Drink-15-8-Ounce/dp/B007VC6TXC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399403755&sr=8-1&keywords=click+decaf+mocha, it's a Protein powder with espresso in it and it's not bad. I usually drink it blended with ice like a frappe, this morning I made it hot. I have to say, I don't care for the flavor of it hot--not sure why it tastes so different just because of the temperature.

Good luck....keep me updated!!!

Today has been rough and it's only 1230pm.

I'm on my second day of soft solids and they've been sitting pretty heavy but I didn't have any big problems yesterday. Today I tried a scramble egg with a bit of laughing cow cheese. It sat like a rock at the top of my stomach. I didn't feel well. I figured I could walk it out and it'd get moving. So I went to the gym to work out a little but but was so uncomfortable the entire time. Finally, I have in, walked to my car and promptly threw up in the parking lot. It sucked. :( It's the first time, since surgery two weeks ago, that I've felt so gross and sick and actually got sick!

Now I feel off and just ugh. I hope my mood picks up a little.

My NUT said that for some reason she doesn't understand, scrambled eggs are difficult to tolerate in the early-ish post-op period. She recommended hard boiled eggs mashed with some kind of liquid--like an egg salad kinda consistency.

I've been craving scrambled eggs with cheese and salsa for a week (I know, weird craving, right?) so I hope my sleeve likes them. I'm going to try it next week when they are 'allowed" but I'm mentally preparing myself in case they are not. :P

It's not brilliant, but I plan to shop the Goodwill store. It takes more time because you have to shift through a bunch of garbage to find the good stuff, but you can get some very nice clothes, barely-worn and sometimes even with the original sales tags still attached, dirt cheap!

I will only buy a few outfits in each size as I shrink because I won't need those clothes for long, and a few sets of scrubs for work (which I can also find at Goodwill).

When I'm at or near goal, I'm shopping in the NICE stores......BECAUSE I'M WORTH IT!!! :D