Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April Sleevers?

My surgery is on Friday. I'm scared to death, my anxiety level is through the roof! I won't cancel because I know I need to do this, but I'm sorry I quit smoking. Lol!

Hi how are you doing? I'm so nervous my surgery is tomorrow and I'm having second thoughts.

I have a 16.9 oz water bottle that I fill up and keep in the fridge. When I drink I mix the Water with either apple juice or Gatorade in equal parts. My goal is to empty and fill the water bottle twice each day with that being approximately 70 oz by the time you double it due to the mixing half juice or Gatorade. So far I'm at a bottle and a half per day and my pee is light yellow so I feel like I'm doing pretty good on my fluids.

Edited by webhopper

Hi how are you doing? I'm so nervous my surgery is tomorrow and I'm having second thoughts.

Good luck!! Second thoughts are normal but by the time you are a week or two post op you'll be thanking yourself for being so brave. I swear my energy level is better now than it was before the surgery.

Hello fellow April sleevers! I am keeping track of info I need in a notebook. I have an activity column, meds column, and liquids column. I am 5 days post op and am going to see my NUT tomorrow. My drain was removed yesterday and ouch is right! My home nurse stopped by today to check and make sure things were ok and I got a thumbs up so I'm just going to keep taking it easy. One day at a time so I don't overdue it and hurt myself. This pain does suck so I'm hoping it will get easier. Thanks to all of your words of wisdom.

That's pretty normal, but you have to have confidence in your surgeon. Remind yourself WHY you are doing this, what your rewards will be! We can't get where we want to be without some sacrifice. This is the price we are willing to pay for health and happiness. :)

Day 3 I'm having a little trouble getting my fluids down. My nurse was right, I can feel the inflammation is worst today. My baby stomach is so swollen it's nothing more than a tiny tube rather than a pouch. Even a small sip of Gatorade feels uncomfortable, each swallow gives pressure in my chest like indigestion. I'm not about to let myself get dehydrated though, so I'm pushing on through. ....

How are you all keeping track of your Fluid intake? Paper and pencil? Remember it in your head? Phone app? What?

I'm not getting all mine in right now. It is almost like virtually impossible. I have some bottled waters and I just try to gage from that what I have done. But it isn't 64 ounces. I'm hoping when I go back to work Tuesday I'll do better. Now between sleeping in and naps and whatever I'm just all messed up! Hours pass and I realize I haven't drank a thing!

I know a popsicle is 4 oz, my broth is 8 oz, Jello is 4 oz and the rest I measure (tea, Water, Gatorade). I will be on clears until Thursday so keeping track is important.

I've only managed 12 oz so far today, not good. I'm so swollen nothing wants to go down. If it's not better by tomorrow I'm calling the surgeon's office.

Hope this is the worst of it!

I would like to hear from 1 person who got down 64 oz week one post op. I'm beginning to think its impossible. I don't have any problems with swallowing or pain but I still can't seem to get the liquids in. Come on sleevers give us some hope. Is there one among us who got down the 64 oz week one post op. Lol. I mean u have to actively think about drinking.

I am 5 days play-off and the exhaustion just hit.... I think I've been on a post surgery p high for the past five days until now. Hoping this exhaustion is normal and will pass quickly. Best of luck to all April sleevers.

Edited by SparkleCat

I would like to hear from 1 person who got down 64 oz week one post op. I'm beginning to think its impossible. I don't have any problems with swallowing or pain but I still can't seem to get the liquids in. Come on sleevers give us some hope. Is there one among us who got down the 64 oz week one post op. Lol. I mean u have to actively think about drinking.

I've been able to do it.... me and my Water bottle are attached at the hip! :)

I've been able to do it.... me and my Water bottle are attached at the hip! :)
. This great to hear. I think I just can't get past the lack of thirst or huger that I'm used to telling me to drink or eat. I keep a bottle close by I just don't want it. All that I've got in has been because I forced it and I'm still not nearly there may be 32 oz tops. But on a good note I can drink Protein shakes if I think about which I know people are having trouble with. I'm no quitter I'm gonna keep trying. Thx for giving me hope that it can in fact be done.

I was able to get 64 Fluid oz day 3 and onward. It can happen I drink throughout the day to get them in and try and drink my Protein at 10 am and 5pm to keep the energy up. I want to encourage everyone to keep pushing this is a tool you have to change your mentality! I know that I could gain so I keep track of everything even sodium intake that could cause Water gain.

. This great to hear. I think I just can't get past the lack of thirst or huger that I'm used to telling me to drink or eat. I keep a bottle close by I just don't want it. All that I've got in has been because I forced it and I'm still not nearly there may be 32 oz tops. But on a good note I can drink Protein Shakes if I think about which I know people are having trouble with. I'm no quitter I'm gonna keep trying. Thx for giving me hope that it can in fact be done.

I'm not thirsty or hungry, but I do force myself to drink anyway. I actually avoid lip balm because my dry lips reminds me to drink. I am in altitude and a dry climate (Denver) so that also helps. I have also completely lucked out and was able to take much bigger sips these last couple of days... I wouldn't call it a gulp, but much better than dainty sips!

I got in about 75 oz yesterday, but that was before the major swelling set in. I think we will have to be patient and wait for the swelling to go down.