Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April Sleevers?

Good luck!!!

I'm finally home. Concentrating on getting liquids in, managing pain and moving around.

I'm April 15th. I'm on my 3rd day of pre-op diet. Thank goodness I read on these posts about the headache. Folks were right, the headaches do start to lighten up around day 3. Would love love to share experiences with other April sleevers. One tip i found out that I haven't read anywhere is to go to the hospital with bikini type underwear because the incisions are around the waist. Any other tips to share? What are you bringing with you to the hospital?

Only 5 more days for me! And I have no idea what to bring to the hospital! Lol. I won't get my surgery time until the day before and haven't been told what to bring

My surgery went well. Everyone was so kind and sweet. The last thing I remember is them putting a mask on my face in the OR and one of the nurses patting my chest and rubbing my arm. Sounds silly, but totally put me at ease. I woke up and didn't feel any pain but had horrible dry heaves. It was constant as they took me to my room, I felt bad as we passed anyone in the hallway, I sounded like I was possessed lol. Once I got to my room they gave me more for my nausea and adivan (sp?) to calm me down and knock me out. That stopped it completely. I was very fuzzy and don't remember most of my visitors. I started walking at 1 am. I think they didn't start me sooner because I was so out of it. Walking wasn't painful at all. The only discomfort I've felt is when I have to sit up. Tummy muscles feel weak. chicken broth and ice chips have been easy to go down. I had a few bites of applesauce because the nurse sprinkled the contents of the Prilosec capsule in it. I haven't had any gas pains. I do burb every time I drink anything and I've had the hiccups quite a bit. I hope everyone else has had a great experience.

Edited by Fat2FiveK

Only 5 more days for me! And I have no idea what to bring to the hospital! Lol. I won't get my surgery time until the day before and haven't been told what to bring

I stayed for one night, last night. I brought toothbrush/toothpaste, a travel neck pillow, a heating pad, two kinds of chapstick and a change of underwear. I wore comfy clothes (and slip on shoes) there and just wore the same ones back. I also brought a special spray to keep your mouth moist if you aren't allowed to drink. I brought my phone and e-reader, but I didn't end reading anything. I just listened to music and fun podcasts. I used eveything else though.

Fat2FiveK: "Happy Birthday" to the new YOU, congrats!! LMBO @ dry heaves and possessed! Keep us posted.

I stayed for one night, last night. I brought toothbrush/toothpaste, a travel neck pillow, a heating pad, two kinds of chapstick and a change of underwear. I wore comfy clothes (and slip on shoes) there and just wore the same ones back. I also brought a special spray to keep your mouth moist if you aren't allowed to drink. I brought my phone and e-reader, but I didn't end reading anything. I just listened to music and fun podcasts. I used eveything else though.

Special spray to keep your mouth moist? Do tell! Where might a future sleeved get this magic potion? :)

Having my surgery on the 23rd and my nerves are starting to set in. I am on day 2 of 14 for liquid diet. Pretty sure this will be one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I'm so glad I found this great app because everyone's stories and tips are a great help to me!

@@SparkleCat It's called Oasis Moisturizing Mouth Spray and I ordered it from Amazon.< /p>

Mine was April 1st. I am soooo ready to move to purees, but kinda scared to. Posted and hoping to receive suggestions from longer-term VSGers on what is good pureed. I had an absolutely horrible 24 hours after surgery. Almost uncontrollable vomiting and retching, so I am a bit spooked. :0 Everyone else doing well?

I'm new to this app. I had my surgery April 7th. I have to walk around holding a pillow to the left side of my belly. I get winded really easy still and if I've been standing too long I get a burning feeling really low on my left side. DR said it's nerves and most complain of the left side pain. Said that's where they do most of the work. My instructions were to start cream Soups day 3. I was told any Soup is fine as long as it's blended to a creamy substance.

Hi All,

I had my Gastric Sleeve on Wednesday, April 9, 2014. What a ride it has been the past two days. My hospital stay was only two nights and I have to say the pain was ok the first day out of surgery; however, the second day was terrible. I was in tears almost the entire day. Have any of you had bad pain the second day? I am now almost 72 hours post opp and I am starting to feel better. At this point I am still taking the pain meds and tonight is the first night at home. For now I am going to sleep in my recliner hoping to get some more rest then I did in the hospital. Any of you from Maryland? I'd love to connect with people near me.

Mike

I'm on day 5 of the pre op liquid diet and my surgery is scheduled for April 21st. I have a doctors appointment at 9 am on Monday and thats where they check my bloodwork and make sure its all good.

I'm getting nervous excited and scared. I have lost 25 lbs so far since January 9 so I feel pretty good. I'm at a 235 weight and 37.8 bmi. Ive been taking Vitamins to make sure that my blood levels stay good.

I started my preop diet on Wednesday and saw the dr today. He said I don't need to do the two week diet just eat light small meals. He said that is for people over 300-400lbs. I am at 249. Yay. Surgery on the 23rc

My surgery is scheduled for April 25th. Only one day of liquids required for me, and I'm grateful. I will work a 12-hour shift that day so hopefully I won't notice it much.

I'm happy to hear those who just had it done are doing well! Please keep us updated!