Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April Sleevers?

I think we should do a group text for those of us going tomorrow so we can all chat together. Cannot believe it is tomorrow! I feel like I have a billion things to do today. So anxious, nervous, and excited.

Edited by time4anewjen

Yay!!! How exciting and VERY encouraging!!! How's your pain levels?

Pain was rough the first night but after getting up and walking it was bearable. I only take pain meds at night before bed to be comfortable since I usually sleep on my side and not my back. The gas pains are going to be the worst part. Just walk, walk, walk!! Besides that I am feeling like myself just get tired easy since I am on Clear liquids for 2 weeks.

April 22 here! Only 3 days of a clear liquid pre-op which I am grateful for

It's starting to get real! Doubt, apprehension and excitement are regular parts of my daily life now....I am hoping to not add regret!

Love all the stories! As y'all cross the sleeve line please continue to let us know how it's going!

*Sleevers, use decaf! recipes from the Torani web site, ENJOY!!

SKINNY vanilla Protein shake
1 Tbsp. Torani sugar free vanilla Syrup
1 cup nonfat milk
1 scoop vanilla Protein powder
1 cup ice
Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth.

SKINNY COCOA COCO Protein Shake
1 Tbsp. Torani sugar free Coconut Syrup
1 cup nonfat milk
1 scoop chocolate Protein powder
1 cup ice

SKINNY VANILLA FRAPPÉ
2 Tbsp. Torani Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup
1/2 cup strong brewed coffee, chilled
1/2 cup nonfat milk
1 cup ice, plus more as desired

SKINNY RASPBERRY ICED TEA
2 Tbsp. Torani Sugar Free Raspberry Syrup
1 cup brewed black tea, chilled
Ice
Combine tea and Torani in a glass filled with ice and stir. Garnish with fresh mint sprig.

SKINNY ICED SALTED CARAMEL COFFEE
Splash of Torani Sugar Free Salted
Caramel Syrup
1 cup brewed coffee
Nonfat milk or cream, to taste
Ice
Pour ingredients over cup of ice. Stir and enjoy.

HAZELNUT ICED COFFEE
Splash of Torani Hazelnut Syrup
1 cup brewed coffee, chilled
Milk or cream, to taste
Ice
Pour ingredients over cup of ice. Stir and enjoy.

Sugar Free S'mores Protein Shake
1 1/2 oz. (3 Tbsp) Torani Sugar Free S'Mores Syrup
1 packet Vanilla VHP Protein Powder Meal Replacement, or other Protein Shake mix
2 cups ice
3/4 cups Water
Combine protein powder Torani ice and Water in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a tall glass.

I am now 4 days post-op! All of the days on the pre-op diet where you just wanted to pull your hair out are so worth it! I lost 18 pounds during those two weeks. I was a nervous wreck the night before surgery wondering "Did I make the right decision?" , "Did my liver shrink enough"? so many thought's...But the morning of surgery when I was being prepped I felt a wave of calm come over me (and that was before the nighttime juice lol) My doctor and the rest of the staff were so wonderful and kind and also put my fiancé at ease. Now things are moving along and it's weird not to be hungry! I feel like I am on an episode of the Twilight Zone. You all are going to do so great and I look forward to following your journey's. All the hard work and effort are going to pay off and we are all going to enjoy our new fit and healthy selves!

Ohhh thank you so much for sharing!! A perfect post to read the night before surg- I should be asleep as I have to arrive at 5:30 for my 7:30 VSG!! I'm ready but a little anxious! My Dr. Didn't require a pro op shake diet so I feel behind on the weight loss schedule! Not to mention I'm nice and FATTY bloated w/ cramps w/ the late arrival of my period! Grrrrr I will be checking in for sure! I hope I get that wave of calm too!

HAPPY V-Day everyone getting their VSG TODAY April 9th!

Hello! I had my sleeve done on April 1st! No regrets here yet! I experienced the ocean of emotions y'all are experiencing too. No issues in surgery. Everything went as good as could be hoped for. I spent one night in the hospital, where they mostly kept me sedated on iv pain meds. The first night was rough, trying to get comfortable in the hospital bed. And the first day home wasn't a walk in the park. (Again, thankful for the liquid pain meds and diphenhydramine!) once I forced myself up and out healing was on its way. The walking def helped with the gas pains. No pain ever from the incisions, thankfully. I only experienced nausea in the hospital but they gave me a patch for that and it resolved that. I haven't had it since, though they did send me home with nauseas meds I haven't had to take any yet. Today is day 6 post op and I've lost 8 pounds. Tomorrow I will get to add strained Soups and pudding. I'm def looking forward to it!!! Good luck to y'all!!!

Glad you are doing so well...thanks for sharing your experience. It has helped reassure me that I am doing the right thing!!

April 1st! No need to stress, you will be fine!

I'm one of the 4/16 sleevers. I'm really nervous about it, but right now my mind is mostly occupied with the misery from the liquid diet. I'm on day one of seven and I'm ready to tear my hair out! I sure hope it gets easier after the first couple of days or I'll be a basket case by my surgery date.

Good luck to all my fellow April sleevers!

Hi my surgery is April 22nd at Jefferson hospital in Philadelphia Pennsylvania

I go in at 5:30am tomorrow morning with my sleeve surgery at 7:30am!! Here's to getting healthy!! Good luck to other April 10th sleevers!

My surgery was on April 8th. It went pretty smoothly for the most part. Walking and a hot compress where my best friends in dealing with gas pain. Had some incision pain on my left side every time I tried to get up from bed or lay back down... The pain meds helped with that and today the pain was a lot less. Good luck to all with your journey and keep us posted about your progress.

Hi! I am scheduled for April 14. I've been on the pre-op diet almost 3 weeks now and I have had my surgery date in place since then. I have been seriously sweating insurance approval, and I just called the office to check on it. I have been approved since last Friday. Arrgghhh! A phone call would've been nice!! :) I have been (well, probably still am) a nervous wreck, and this pre-op diet really sucks.

I hope everyone's surgery goes well! I will be biting whatever nails I have left for a few more days :)

Is anyone going to Mexico for the surgery?