Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 Days With No Food. Lord!

Today is my first day on all liquids, and I do believe my stomach is touching my back! This is really going to be a challenge. I don't understand how some don't have to do the pre-op diet, some do one or two days, and I'm doing two weeks. I'm just going to keep my eyes on the prize. 4/15 is my surgery date, which is also tax day. So essentially, Uncle Sam will be in my pocket whilst Dr. Wooldridge is in my gut. Men are so greedy.

I had a Protein shake for Breakfast, chicken broth, sf Jello and Water for lunch and drank Water all day. I ran back and forth to the restroom so much that I thought of moving my desk there. When I got home I was so hungry I hurried and had a Protein Shake. I guess I'll have vegetable broth, Jello and more water and imagine that I'm at Olive Garden eating my fav chicken and Gnocchi Soup. If anyone can add ideas to this diet, they'd certainly be appreciated. :)

I was on the 2 week diet prior to surgery too but I was allowed a frozen dinner of less than 300 calories at night until 2 days pre surgery. Not much one can add to the minimum diet.... but think about how much weight you will lose pre-op... which is fabulous cause it puts you ahead of the game post op. Good luck.

I posted some recipes on another thread called Pre op diet... If u can't find them there let me know and I'll post them here too ???? good luck

Today is my first day on all liquids, and I do believe my stomach is touching my back! This is really going to be a challenge. I don't understand how some don't have to do the pre-op diet, some do one or two days, and I'm doing two weeks. I'm just going to keep my eyes on the prize. 4/15 is my surgery date, which is also tax day. So essentially, Uncle Sam will be in my pocket whilst Dr. Wooldridge is in my gut. Men are so greedy.<br><br><br> I had a Protein Shake for Breakfast, chicken broth, sf Jello and Water for lunch and drank water all day. I ran back and forth to the restroom so much that I thought of moving my desk there. When I got home I was so hungry I hurried and had a Protein shake. I guess I'll have vegetable broth, Jello and more water and imagine that I'm at Olive Garden eating my fav Chicken and Gnocchi Soup. If anyone can add ideas to this diet, they'd certainly be appreciated. :)

I'm right with u hun!! My surgery date is 4/14 and today is day 3 of liquid diet. Last night was RUFF!! I celebrated when I awakened and realized I survived another day of this. Lmbo about moving the desk in the restroom and not to give TMI but I feel like I pee an entire gallon each visit to the ladies room. This is so hard but as a mom it crushes me to think if how my 22 year old that's having surgery on the sane day with me is having a worst time. She had a crushing headache all day and night. Nothing made it better eventually she fell asleep. Thank god I'm not craving I think it helped I cut out sugar caffeine and dramatically reduced my carbs 3 weeks ago. I find I get really hungry but not the withdrawal symptoms my baby is having. I know she's a young adult at 22 but she will always be my baby.

I posted some recipes on another thread called Pre op diet... If u can't find them there let me know and I'll post them here too dde0a good luck

Can u post the recipes here? Not so savy searching previous posts here but if u don't mind posting here it would be great.

Haha what leave the bathroom you will just be right back in there ... That's what I was thinking !!

I am on day 13 of my liquid diet and that is because my BMI was 47 and my liver needs to shrink before surgery. It is tough and you will have internal battles but be strong and don't give in. The first 3 days suck but the rest just fly by. Night time is the worst for me this is when I normally snacked. Watching the Walking Dead without chips and spinach dip was rough. lol But I have lost 20lbs since starting this liquid diet so if that isn't reason enough I don't know what is. You can do this!!

Edited by She's_Sleeved

Hang in there….this is important….

Yes, this is the important part. My nut called me today to see how I was doing with the liquids. She wanted to know exactly what I'm drinking and told me to drink 3 shakes a day. Also, I must get the Vitamins. I'll look for them tomorrow. Hang in there, Sleeved. We can do this! It will be greater later!

Consider it a rite of passage. That being said, I had to do 10 days BUT I actually started 12 days out because the first day I ended up locking myself in the bathroom and sitting on the floor eating an entire can of Katydid (for those not from this area, they're basically chocolate turtles with caramel and nuts inside). After that I was able to stick to the liquids. Are you only allowed Clear Liquids or can you have more creamy broths? I found that the chicken cubes that dissolve worked really well for me. I loved the saltiness. I also found beef broth to be very satisfying. Funny thing is now, I can't touch any kind of broth because of the trauma from being able to have nothing but for days! Can you eat sugar free popsicles?

Another thing I did that was torture but also helpful was I made a pintrest page and pinned recipes for each stage of my post opt diet. It was fun looking for recipes and I still eat a lot of the stuff that I pinned to my mushies and solid food board. It made it easier when I would get to each stage to have several recipes ready to go.

Try to take heart and know that it'll past and soon you will be sleeved and looking and feeling amazing. Plus you are basically resetting your body. I feel like if I had gone from my old eating habits straight into the sleeve I would have carried those bad habits with me post opt. However, the clear liquid, full liquid, soft foods, then solids stages reminded me a lot of being a baby. You start out with the most basic nourishment and by the time you get back to mushies and solids your brain feels rewired to eat healthier foods (at least for me). Prior to surgery, I could down 2 double cheeseburgers, a large fry and blue Powerade.

Now that stuff doesn't appeal to me. I get more excited over teriyaki chicken (my low call version) over quinoa with diced tomatoes and zucchini than big greasy burgers and buffets. Though I will confess that lemon flavored baked goods are my weakness, so I avoid lemon bars, cupcakes, and regular cake (except for last Sunday. I had the most AMAZING lemon cupcake with cookie crumbles in the icing. lol)

I posted some recipes on another thread called Pre op diet... If u can't find them there let me know and I'll post them here too ?de0a good luck

Sorry, Curvy. I looked but couldn't find the recipes. Please post.

It's such a help reading these forums I'm touched by everyone's honesty and it's nice to know I'm not alone.... Here are some of the recipies my NUT gave me...hope this helps guys

post-211375-0-17856200-1396513126_thumb.jpg

post-211375-0-57757300-1396513154_thumb.jpg

post-211375-0-61034400-1396513171_thumb.jpg

post-211375-0-14240500-1396513195_thumb.jpg

It's such a help reading these forums I'm touched by everyone's honesty and it's nice to know I'm not alone.... Here are some of the recipies my NUT gave me...hope this helps guys

Ur a rockstar that's for posting.