Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Travel? Where in the USA would you take your dream vacation? Why?

Need some ideas! Since we are from every part of the country, where in the USA, where is that best kept secret vacation of your dreams?

There's so much I want to see/do that it is a bit pointless to list it all. Mostly we've been focusing on seeing Florida lighthouses.

Which way are you leaning? Outdoors with hiking? Sightseeing historical monuments, theme parks, etc. that might help us give a better structured opinions.

Raft trip down the Grand Canyon.

All the Major League Baseball ballparks!!

You are right, there are so many things! I have traveled to almost every state, but much of that was on a highway, I think we are looking for something outside of Florida, our hobbies are outdoor. Maybe shake it up, not do any of what we normally do. A unique town maybe, someplace beautiful, bike trails town or walk. Historical is always good, quirky is excellent! We love new adventures. Waterfalls? Special hotel? Amazing architecture?

Yeah if you're from Florida just about everything will be better (I live here too so I can say that).

Here's my wish list

California - make a 2+ week trip to cover everything - redwood forest, wineries, coastline, San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge, Hollywood, isn't Yellowstone up there near the Redwood trees?

Washington - Seattle (my brother lives in Spokane so I've seen the eastern side of the state)

Oye there's too much to type with my little phone keyboard. Lol. Mine are the major highlights. Hiking here, seeing that. Etc. I have the travel bug big time, just not the budget to make it all happen anytime soon.

Oh - one thing a family I knew that would do...

Say they are going to a state for something specific (family reunion), they'd stop at the state line and pick up a ton of brochures and make lots of stops along the way. If it was normally say a 16 hr straight drive, it might take them 4-5 days to get there. They really enjoyed their journey to their destination.

My Grand Canyon suggestion was serious...I used to live in Florida and took an 8 day commercial raft trip down the Grand Canyon. It was so amazing, I went back to Florida, quit my job, sold my house and moved to SW Colorado. 10 years later I went back to the Grand Canyon and did an 18 day private trip, rowing my own boat that time. Truly the best vacation ever!

Vermont is quirky and beautiful if you like small towns and beautiful scenery, biking, hiking, etc.

Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans
And miss it both night and day?
I know it's wrong, but this feeling's gettin' stronger
The longer, I stay away.
Miss them moss covered vines, the tall sugar pines
Where mockin' birds used to sing
And I'd like to see that lazy Mississippi hurryin' into spring

The Mardi Gras, the madness

A creole tune that fills the air
I dream about magnolias in bloom and I'm wishin' I was there

Cause that's where you left your heart
And there's one thing more

How I miss the ones I care for
Just as much as I miss New Orleans

The moonlight on the bayou

A creole tune that fills the air
I dream of oleanders in June and I'm wishin' I were there

Cause that's where you left your heart
And there's one thing more I miss the one I care for
Just as much as I miss New Orleans

No place in the U.S. like it.

You are right, there are so many things! I have traveled to almost every state, but much of that was on a highway, I think we are looking for something outside of Florida, our hobbies are outdoor. Maybe shake it up, not do any of what we normally do. A unique town maybe, someplace beautiful, bike trails town or walk. Historical is always good, quirky is excellent! We love new adventures. Waterfalls? Special hotel? Amazing architecture?

Edited by PrettyThick1

PrettyThick...... I love your poem and your love for our great city..... So, yes, New Orleans is a must visit place for EVERYONE.

However, do yourself a favor, and don't visit from June through September unless you can handle hot temps and high humidity!!!!!!

Sounds like Santa Fe, New Mexico is the place for you. Sunny warm days and cool nights at 6500'. Amazing architecture and some of the oldest history in the US, fabulous food (order appetizers or side dishes lol), stunning arts and crafts, great museums, and wonderful outdoor hiking/jeeping/ballooning opportunities. You will love our dry, clean desert air for a change of pace.

I love the southwest. Grand canyon, zion national park, capital reef, bryce canyon, ALL of Moab Utah (I'd move there tomorrow if hubby would agree) due to arches, canyonlands and dead horse state park. Those are all my happy places in the southwest.

Last year we spent 3 weeks in California doing sequoia, redwoods, death valley, Yosemite (while beautiful my least favorite because there were way too many people) well except I loved tuoalume meadows (sp)?

Yellowstone should be on everyones bucket list in ny opinion. Spend a lot of time, it is huge. Jackson Hole is wonderful too!!

New hampshire has great waterfalls hiking and most important to me QUILT SHOPS!!

Finally, this country is amazing. I truly believe there are hidden treasures in every state. I've been to most and can say I've yet to go to a state that I didnt love something.

We live in florida and my husband and I lovr some of the quirky towns in the panhandle. Apalachicola, cedar key, etc. Plus beer and oysters are always a great combo. :)

Many years lived in ca. And Az, so... Sounds jaded, been there, done that and both suggestions are awesome- I agree. Vermont...hmm tell me more please, any particular area / town?