Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

APRIL 21st Sleevers!

Omg I'm right there with you; I am trying to take small sips but I can definately tell when the gas starts rolling around and its time to get io and walk and see if I can take some more of my pain medicine.

I think i took too big a sip and it kinda felt like an uncomfortable tightness.

I can't stop crying. Anyone else? I heard this could happen from the anesthesia.

Surgery went well Monday -- i went home Tue night. I did have quite a lot of has pain, up high under my sternum and haven't felt very good. The morphine caused a rash so now I'm on some other pain med -- I can tolerate Water and beef broth, I guess I'll try s//free Popsicles. Kinda feel like the flu.

I wasn't given any morphine... I was sleeved on the 23rd and was in quite some pain the first day after surgery especially in my upper ribs and sternum area. Doc said from gas pressing on surgical areas. My doc only gives percoset in hospital and won't give any heavy narcotics so we don't get constipated. although I whined so much he did break down and have me some tramadol through my IV but I had to promise to walk walk walk while I was feeling good and only giving it once! Haha it worked!! I walked walked walked and bam! No more severe pain! I got some Chike ice coffee cause it has Protein and good stuff and tastes delicious for my morning fluids! Got flavored Vitamin Water and having a Gatorade now cause I'm low on electrolytes. Had a few ice pops SF and some low sodium chicken broth NEVER tasted so good!! I hope you feel better soon! The key is to keep on moving!! Oh and gas x!! Haha omeprazole helps reduce stomache acid. I have to take the for 3 months post op!

So glad things went well. Im doing well also. I go for a follow up appt to dr on Thursday and to the nut tomorrow

Weighed in at 223 lbs today, yay!

I was also able to make two loops on my walk today instead of just one like i've been doing since the surgery. Each loop took 15 minutes before surgery but now they take about 17 minutes because I walk slower. So that means I'm up to excercising for 34 minutes at a time yay!

prior to today I had been making multiple loops at different times of the day.

Also, I went to church and my mother in law embarrassed me by asking in a really loud voice where a bunch of people can hear " So how much weight have you lost?!?"

I was so embarrassed especially since I haven't told anyone from church besides my mother in law. I just said 7 lbs and then left it at that.

Good job on the walking!

Hi everyone! I was also sleeved on the 21st. My surgery went well, and my recovery has been pretty smooth. I've had very little pain in my incisions,Gas X strips really helped my gas, and no problems getting in all my fluids. My major issue is my hunger, I am literally having dreams about eating food! Oh my damn, I can't wait to be out of the full liquids stage lol. Bring on pureed :D Is anyone else starving all day? If not what foods are you consuming that help you feel full???

I think it's head hunger. Satisfied vs hungry. But I'm missing food too.

I think its head hunger as well. I am not hungry but I definitely want something other than what im eating. Im still on Clear Liquids. I would be happy on fulls about now. Lol

Explain loops I'm lost

My neighborhood has a lot of streets and there is a circle where I can make a loop and its about 0.75 mile. "Loop"

So I walk to the end of 67th street; take a left on 129th; take a left on 69th then another left on 128th. Then I walk down 128th until it veers left back onto 67th street where my house is.

I can't stop crying. Anyone else? I heard this could happen from the anesthesia.

So sorry gixxergirl. I heard this happens from the anesthesia and also from the release of hormones stored in fat cells. But I hear it passes. Stay strong!! Talk to your psych if you need to.

They gave me prozac. Said it was hormones. Told me to try 30 days. I'm skeptical.

My neighborhood has a lot of streets and there is a circle where I can make a loop and its about 0.75 mile. "Loop" So I walk to the end of 67th street; take a left on 129th; take a left on 69th then another left on 128th. Then I walk down 128th until it veers left back onto 67th street where my house is.

got cha....you go girl