Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

APRIL 21st Sleevers!

Hmk715 you look Amazing! I have 2 weddings in June. I hope I look as good as you. So glad you are doing well. Are you regular foods yet?

Not yet! Still lots if soft food, limited list of things. shakes, soft chicken. Not puréed but I do have to chew everything to the mushiest.

Just thought i would check in to see how everyone is doing. It's June and I'm STILL at 33 lbs gone. I know, I know. I shouldn't complain because that's better than being where I was but, sometimes, the scale is wicked!! I'm pretty sure that I'm not eating enough or getting all my Proteins in but it's so hard! I can't drink the Protein Shakes. They make me sick right away. I can't eat chicken. It makes me sick right away. Sigh. I'm okay to eat red meat and I haven't had a problem with that it just gets old. Oh, well. I'm surprised that I am LOVING cottage cheese. I never had it prior to surgery and, now, I have it for Breakfast almost daily. I hope everyone is doing great and loving their sleeves! Talk to you soon :) oh! If anyone is on Instagram, I'm angelique1446 Look me up- we have a great vsg family there.

Hey April 21sters. I doing well. Almost 40lbs gone. Im 239. I havent had any issues thus besides if its too much sugar in something. Makes me go to the bathroom FAST. I hate you guys are having issues. I hope it gets better.

want some inspiration .. followe me! IG: @_charantoinette

Hey! Anyone on My fitness pal? look me up..gettinback2me

Just checking in.

We lost my father in law a few weeks ago and its been tough.

My doctors goal was to hit 205 by June 30 and I met that goal on Wednesday! So happy!

My total weight loss since the start of the journey is 57 lbs. I'm over halfway there to my goal weight.

Biggest challenge has been a work conference I took to Detroit. Was lucky and was able to go to a grocery store and pick up some fage Greek yogurt.

I have eaten too much / wrong thing 2 times and threw up both times.

Its so not worth it. I am trying to be very careful about what's going into my body.

The weeks when my FIL was in ICU were the worst. I got off my excercise routine and had to get back on it after the dust settled.

Hey! Anyone on My fitness pal? look me up..gettinback2me

I added you!! Do you know how many calories we should have as our goal?? I'm so confused! Haha

Hey April 21 buddies!! Thinking of you all and hope each and everyone of you is doing well.

It's been a journey!! I'm on soft foods and mostly its going well. I have had to travel a bit and eating out mostly always makes me sick. Ugh. But almost everything I make ate home is fine.

My only issue is that my red blood count is still really low. It was pre-surgery and I am on double the recommended Iron and still no luck =( See my surgeon in a couple days so I'll see what he says. Wishing you continued success and good health!!

SW: 298 CW: 256 GW 176

April 23rd here!! I am on no food restrictions any more! I always pick Protein packed foods though! Had prime rib last night and it was deeeeeliscious!! I couldn't eat a lot but my son finished it for me! Haha I haven't had any issues at all. The only thing I had and am still having problems with is stalls!! I can only get between 600 and 800 calories in following the docs orders of three meals a day and one afternoon snack. Hate the stalls!!! They drive me nuts!! Keep thinking I need to do something different!! But nothing works so I just keep plugging along and not weighing myself so much!! Hope everyone is doing well!!! It would be great to hear from everyone!!!

SW: 270. CW: 214. GW: 170

The green dress is June 2013- a tight size 20 dress from Lane Bryant... The white jeans and polka dot shirt were purchased from the regular women's section at Macy's today, June 28, 2014, (I didn't even look at the plus size section and didn't think about going to a plus size store) - the jeans are a size 14 and the top an XL. This is 79 pounds down from last June (49 down from surgery on April 21st). post-214469-0-59113800-1404007782_thumb.jpg The next ones are from various weddings over the last couple of years next to the photo from today. post-214469-0-38173300-1404007801_thumb.jpg I'm still a work in progress, want to lose 70 more, but am feeling quite incredible, am so excited and wanted to share! I had so many doubts before surgery, thinking I couldn't do it, that I'd fail, but I'm feeling great, doing well and just generally am super positive and happy. I hope everyone else is having a great and positive experience!! Hana

HW: 301 SW: 271 CW: 222.2

Edited by hmk715

Hey everyone,

We've hit the 12 week/3 month mark.... How is everyone doing?

Because I enjoy emotional spewing and sharing, I'll give an update and I hope to see some of yours!!

Yesterday was my 32nd birthday :) This has been an awesome and incredible year.

This time last year, my awesome family and friends got together to throw me an epic, Hawaiian luau themed surprise party. It really was a fabulous surprise and such an incredible birthday. So I felt that the year started off well. Unbeknownst to me, I was an undiagnosed/untreated hypertensive diabetic that had just hit over 300 pounds (301 was my highest recorded weight).

I would find all this out about 2 weeks after my 31st birthday. It was one of the lowest points of my life. I was devastated.

But I stopped there. I cried for a weekend and then said "Enough."

A year later, I am no longer hypertensive or a diabetic. The only pills I take are Vitamins and minerals. I am down 88 pounds as of yesterday and I look flipping incredible (if I say so myself). I've got another 60 lbs until I reach my goal but for the first time in my life-long dieting career, I no longer doubt myself. I know I will reach that goal. I know that I will keep myself healthy.

Part of my journey included having weight loss surgery. I had a vertical sleeve gastrectomy on April 21, 2014. (I've lost 58 pounds in the 12 weeks since surgery) It is a decision that I believe is saving my life. It was one of the hardest decisions to make. Every day is a struggle and hard work. The hard work tripled after surgery. It's not been easy and I do not regret a single moment of it. I am more determined now than I ever was before to make me a priority in my life - my health, my happiness, my future. It's been a lesson a long time in coming but it's one I'm grabbing onto with both hands.

Next stop - 100 pounds lost and weighing below 200 lbs. I think I can do this over the next 4 weeks but I am giving myself until Labor Day. I'm trying to manage expectations throughout this process to make sure I don't get discouraged and I think I have been doing well with that.

I'm fortunate to have friends and family that have been super supportive and being a part of this community and other fitness/weight loss communities has been inspiring and motivational.

Keep kicking ass!

Thanks for reading through my emotional spewing haha

All the best,
Hana