Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 9th is my day! I am beyond excited!

Well, surgery went well according to my

Doctor. Waking up in PACU was painful and somewhat scary. Medications helped greatly. I was up and walking within about 3 hours of the end up surgery. Helped greatly with the air causing chest pain like symptoms. Didn't sleep except for in hour increments and was up every couple hours to use the bathroom and do some walking.

Home now waiting for prescriptions for lortab elixir and zofran to be filled so I can send the hubby back out for them.

I managed to drink an entire Protein shake and have a couple bites of broth, Jello, some Water, and some crystal light. I never really felt full and was surprised to not get full from what I considered a decent amount of volume. Has anyone else experienced this? It's almost like I still have my whole stomach in there! I only believe it's gone because I saw it myself during the barium swallow study. Just doesn't seem different yet.

How is everyone else getting along?

I am now 2 days post op and like you have been surprised how much Fluid I could consume at first. But now, I have had half a cup of broth and half a cup if black coffee and I am feeling satisfied. It's strange, but was concerning for me too at first.

I can't believe it's happened and am now going to be only seeing weight go down. I am excited, I only hope I don't lose too quick as I don't want people to ask too many questions. No one except for my husband knows I have had this surgery.

I think the little caffeine boost from the coffee is kicking in, making me feel awesome this morning. All the best on your weight loss journeys!!

lol KMLG! That's how I felt too. I wasn't worried, I just couldn't turn my brain off last night. I'm not hungry and I'm not thirsty.., my body is ready for this too! I look forward to everyone's check ins later.

I'm on the mend - Wed. Was rough - I had to have help getting to the bathroom!

I am sooo much better today. I was on Clear Liquids after the swallow test & was promoted to full liquids for dinner! My surgeon does not use a drain tube so he asked me to try to stay off the scale until my 2 week follow up! I'm not hungry at all however, the different flavors are yummy to have in my mouth... I was thankful for my Decaf coffee & popsicles! My Dr. removed 90% of my stomach & I get to go home tomorrow (Fri.) despite my pain & not even getting on the scale I would do it all over again and I am looking forward to my transformation !' ????

Good Luck to you & everyone else!

I was sleeved 4-9 one hospital stay... Im feeling fine today just sore on my right side...

I LOST ALMOST 9 pounds preop!! The morning of sugery i weighed 230 that same day i weighed 240 :(

Such a bummer!!

Still taking gasx

Still haven't felt full. Strange. Don't feel hungry either though.

Still having some discomfort mostly in the right side of my stomach. Walking and frequent repositioning seem to keep it from feeling so tight.

Lots of gas today!

I will for sure be hitting my Protein requirement today, and I'm halfway on Water.

Thankfully no nausea or vomiting.

How's everyone else?

No gas pains here. I'm not getting much down though. Working on that. I managed 1/2 a Protein Shake (took awhile), chicken broth, cream of chicken Soup and Water. I stopped taking my pain meds, they knock me out. If I'm awake more I can work on my Protein.

No gas pains here. I'm not getting much down though. Working on that. I managed 1/2 a Protein Shake (took awhile), chicken broth, cream of chicken Soup and Water. I stopped taking my pain meds, they knock me out. If I'm awake more I can work on my Protein.< /p>

Keep working on that protein! Wish I had cream of chicken soup on my menu. That sounds amazing.

I'm still in hospital. No specific reason, dr does 2 night stay minimum. As I have flown down and will be discharged to a friends house till I fly home, dr said I could stay an extra night. The nurses have been great, hardly bothered me - waited on for meals (a Water product of some kind) - motorised bed to help get up and movie channels. So I'm glad I stayed an extra night. I feel well rested. I will be discharged this morning.

I'm not sure of the volume I can drink yet, since i have been on clear fluids whilst still here in hospital. There are so many sweet things on the menu I just can't drink them, so off putting. So I have only been drinking the broth which is less than a cup. I still feel hungry but the thought of the sweet Jello or juice is off putting. But I have managed.

I am very bruised. My incisions are black and blue, thankfully not too sore. Won't be able to weigh myself till I fly home on Tuesday. Fingers crossed the scales are kind!

Glad everyone s doing good. Im 2 day post op. Home. Haven't has any pain but nausea and vomiting is making up for it. Hard to get fluids in and keep down. Hope this passes quickly

Oh dear Marmello, that doesn't sound good. I am on 3 diff nausea and indigestion medications to prevent any sick feeling. All preventative, as I haven't had any so far. Couldn't be good for your internal staples/stitches.

I was sleeved 4-9 one hospital stay... Im feeling fine today just sore on my right side... I LOST ALMOST 9 pounds preop!! The morning of sugery i weighed 230 that same day i weighed 240 :( Such a bummer!! Still taking gasx

229 was my weight day of surgery - we tend to retain Water post surgery! My dr asked me to follow the diet as close as possible & to try to stay off of the scale until my 1st follow up apt which is April 28th. I'm going to try very hard to do it.. It would be very frustrating to be in such pain, hardly eat anything & then gain weight! The gas has been so painful! I have never been happier to fart as I was today! HA

@kmlg haaaaaaaa i feel you!! I still have gas pains in my left shoulder..i be excited to belch or pass gas...im a lil sore on my right side..no naseaus no throwing up no hunger feeling...i was so happy to have lost almost 10 pounds in my 7 day liquid diet only to get on the scale after surgery and all the meds blew me back up 10pounds!!! Im doin clear luquids and no sugar for a week then a week of full liquids then a week of soft foods and full liq...affter that reg foods

I had my surgery on 4/9 and stayed in the hospital for 2 days. I only had slight nausea on day 1. I have been dealing with gas and abdominal pain since then. I had a Lap Band removed along with a lot of scar tissue, so I think I have some extra pain in my port incision.

I am on a clear liquid diet for the first week after surgery and then full liquids for another week after that. I see my doc and nut 2 weeks out and that's when I'll get to move to the next phase. Right now I have plenty restriction and can't even finish a sugar free Popsicle. I drink Water by the 2 Tbsp cup per nurses orders from the hospital. It works. 1 every 15 minutes will get me 64 oz. in a day. It's a great way for me to measure and make sure I stay hydrated without taking too much in at once.

I feel good and I'm excited. I have zero desire to eat anything I shouldn't. My eye is on the prize. I look forward to sharing in everyone's journey. This should be a rewarding ride. ????

Glad everyone s doing good. Im 2 day post op. Home. Haven't has any pain but nausea and vomiting is making up for it. Hard to get fluids in and keep down. Hope this passes quickly

Oh no! Hope you're doing better by now!

Nausea med helping some. But just doing the best I can with liquids. Not getting in nearly 64 oz but doing the best I can tolerate