Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to this---Please Help!

Hello

I am a 29 year old woman who cannot wait to have my body back. I have been struggling with my weight dieting and just continuously gaining with small amounts of hope in the end. Now I am beginning to have the pains in my knees and the shortness of breath at night when I sleep. I was advised by my doctor to have the sleeve performed. I did my sleep study last night and the last test is my cardiologist exam which is this afternoon. I have so many questions....wat can I expect after surgery, seriously? Why does it seem that all my friends are mad at me because of what I am doing. Will I lose my friends. We are all big girls and kind of prided ourselves in it, but I am having significant health concerns and no matter how much I try to tell them they feel that I am taking the easy way out. I want to know can I restore that youth I had, the energy I had before I had my daughter, every since I had her I became this size. I never worried about my weight. I need a friend and there seems to be a lot of people who have had the surgery or about to do so. I just need someone who knows what I am going through. The anxiety I feel. I just recently stopped smoking cigarettes cold turkey after smoking since I was 13 , which is close to 16 years. I am giving up all things that are not good for me. I really just need someone who can help me through this, a little encouragement, whether you are going through it or been through it, I would really appreciate it.

This decision was so simple for me as every door was opened by God. I question nothing at this point thanks to all the advice and information given on this site. Don't worry about what friends think as if they are true friends they will support you. Do what you need to take care of you and your family. Not sleeved yet but will be soon and I know it's the right decision for me. I want to live my last 40 or so years happy and healthy. Good luck in your journey.

Edited by Chance1812

I have to agree GOD made my decision!! I wasn't thinking about this at all never knew of the sleeve until a co-worker asked me to go with her and be her support !! I sat in on the meeting and raised my hand my husband had no clue until later!! I believe it was God at work again!! Good luck oh ya my surgery is April 2 can't wait feel like a three year old waiting for Santa !!!!

Hi Fau2nvy,

I, too, am new to all of this and we have the same surgeon! I stopped smoking 4 1/2 months ago and am trying to get on the healthy path. I'm 58 and could have written your paragraph, knee problems, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, etc. I saw my cardiologist today and he was the last step I needed to do before getting my date. Well, he wants a stress test, echo, bunch of blood work and we'll see from there where we go. I guess he's taking his job real serious and I wouldn't expect anything but.

As far as taking the easy way out, this is not easy! This is the decision of a lifetime and one you will have to live with for your lifetime. They will see it's not going to be easy. Just give the girls some time. I look forward to following your journey along with mine! Take care and just give it time ....

Hello I am a 29 year old woman who cannot wait to have my body back. I have been struggling with my weight dieting and just continuously gaining with small amounts of hope in the end. Now I am beginning to have the pains in my knees and the shortness of breath at night when I sleep. I was advised by my doctor to have the sleeve performed. I did my sleep study last night and the last test is my cardiologist exam which is this afternoon. I have so many questions....wat can I expect after surgery, seriously? Why does it seem that all my friends are mad at me because of what I am doing. Will I lose my friends. We are all big girls and kind of prided ourselves in it, but I am having significant health concerns and no matter how much I try to tell them they feel that I am taking the easy way out. I want to know can I restore that youth I had, the energy I had before I had my daughter, every since I had her I became this size. I never worried about my weight. I need a friend and there seems to be a lot of people who have had the surgery or about to do so. I just need someone who knows what I am going through. The anxiety I feel. I just recently stopped smoking cigarettes cold turkey after smoking since I was 13 , which is close to 16 years. I am giving up all things that are not good for me. I really just need someone who can help me through this, a little encouragement, whether you are going through it or been through it, I would really appreciate it.

They are mad cause they want you to stay the same as them. Think of your health. Heck, that's my main concern! I too have friends that are like me. Too bad if they don't like it! Kudos to you!!!!!

Hi Fau2nvy, I, too, am new to all of this and we have the same surgeon! I stopped smoking 4 1/2 months ago and am trying to get on the healthy path. I'm 58 and could have written your paragraph, knee problems, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, etc. I saw my cardiologist today and he was the last step I needed to do before getting my date. Well, he wants a stress test, echo, bunch of blood work and we'll see from there where we go. I guess he's taking his job real serious and I wouldn't expect anything but. As far as taking the easy way out, this is not easy! This is the decision of a lifetime and one you will have to live with for your lifetime. They will see it's not going to be easy. Just give the girls some time. I look forward to following your journey along with mine! Take care and just give it time ....

I had to get 2 stress tests done. Let him do it. You will be fine. Proud of you!

Ultimately you need to decide who and what you are having the surgery for. The answer was clear for me: myself, Health and Family. I am 3 months post op and just made brown rice, roasted chicken with gravy, and corn for my family. I ate chicken and rice with a little gravy. We all sat down as we always have and had dinner and talked about our day. The big difference is I didn't have any dinner rolls and I'm 70lbs lighter!

I am so grateful to have found this forum because I felt so alone. I recently stopped smoking and lately it just feels like everything is a trigger that sends me through the roof. Also, I've been super emotional, the smallest thing makes me cry! Is this normal has anyone experienced this? Also I was wondering if anyone had a little to do list or things to get list for when I come home. I know most people said gas x, wet wipes...but is there any items that are overlooked. Also how functional are you typically afterwards....and is the pain afterwards really bad? I thank everyone for their encouragement.

I am so grateful to have found this forum because I felt so alone. I recently stopped smoking and lately it just feels like everything is a trigger that sends me through the roof. Also, I've been super emotional, the smallest thing makes me cry! Is this normal has anyone experienced this? Also I was wondering if anyone had a little to do list or things to get list for when I come home. I know most people said gas x, wet wipes...but is there any items that are overlooked. Also how functional are you typically afterwards....and is the pain afterwards really bad? I thank everyone for their encouragement.

I see u said something about being easily triggered to smoke and cry...I was there at the beginning of this process. My p p prescribed WellButrin for Mike depression and quitting smoking. More than anything this medication has made the surgery possible for me because smoking was a staple in my life and I was sad about everything which led to be eating everything. Its not for everybody but I am definitely singing it's praises. Good luck. I understand the lonely and lost feeling so feel free to message me anytime.

I see u said something about being easily triggered to smoke and cry...I was there at the beginning of this process. My p p prescribed WellButrin for Mike depression and quitting smoking. More than anything this medication has made the surgery possible for me because smoking was a staple in my life and I was sad about everything which led to be eating everything. Its not for everybody but I am definitely singing it's praises. Good luck. I understand the lonely and lost feeling so feel free to message me anytime.

My bad my phone and this damn auto correct....ugh. I was saying my PCP

hey ready and anxious thank u so much for the advice. I am taking sleeping aid called trazodone which is used as an anti depressant but I think it is doing the opp for me so I have stopped taking it which has helped a lot. I think the fact that I have to give up the things that usually made me happy like drinking and smoking has depressed me. I need to find an outlet. Is it okay if we exchange personal email? it is so hard to keep up with all the posts from this forum and I really would like to get a few friends to chat with one on one. right now I have no one I can really talk to, my boyfriend is trying but I don't think he gets it, but I understand it is hard for me at times as well.

Hey girl my email is koreyjames2484@Gmail.com feel free to hit me up whenever. I do understand feeling like you're not heard when it comes to this. By the way my name is korey

Wishing you the best. Stay positive and focused on your goals. Hoping it works out for you!