Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I''ve come very far, I've been cleared by NUT,dietician and psychiatry. My paperwork should be submitted on Monday and when I get my approval I should get the date I want. So what's wrong with this picture....I can't stop eating everything. I have gained almost 15lbs since I started this process (1/31/14) and the doctor excused it cause I'm in the process of quitting cigarettes. Ok so I'm not sure if I'm sabotaging or what. I'm extremely worried now because I saw a younger girl who had the sleeve a couple months ago and she was eating chips, pop and candy. I do feel like I'll never get to eat my favorite foods again so I am consuming everything. I need some tips to stop eating everything

Hello, my name Alicia I'm new to this sight.. But I can relate to you a lot . I've just been cleared for surgery as well I'm now just anxiously waiting on my insurance approval. But I've gained 11 pounds since I've started this journey and I don't even smoke lol. I just been eating and eating smh Until just recently I've cut back and started exercising.

Hi ladies ... I believe its just old habits ... I needed to loose ten pounds and the first month i gained ... My nutrionist told me to try a Protein Shake and a Meal Replacement ... This worked a little and then i tried the preop diet a week ... I lost the weight felt good and was able to re focus ... U can do it ! Believe and u will achieve!

I have to say I'm in your boat!!! I eat then I'm good then I eat!!! I work my self up so bad I wasn't going to go to my drs appt last week was to a shamed of my self thinking I gained weight!! To my surprise I lost five pounds and scheduled for surgery on April 2 so don't give up

And every day is a new day!!!

Sounds like you are having "food funerals" for foods you think you won't ever get to have again. A lot of people do this!

You WILL get to have your favorite foods again--although it will take time and you will get to eat them in MUCH smaller portions. It helped me a lot to know this! Best of luck to you!

I just keep telling myself that I WILL be able to taste mint chip ice cream again...someday...in like 2 years. It is actually a different feeling than telling myself "You will never taste lasagna EVER AGAIN"...

There are a lot of different ways people tackle the emotional eating problem- walking, guided meditations, support groups, sugar-free popsicles, prayer....it's an on-going process. If we've fought these feelings our whole lives, these feelings are not going to disappear overnight. Maybe they won't EVER disappear, but it is our reaction to those feelings that matters. If you can focus on "Am I physically hungry?", that might help to uncover the feelings that trigger emotional eating. If you're not physically hungry, but want to eat, what is the specific trigger or feeling that is causing you to want to eat?

Keep up the struggle!! Ask for help if you need it!

I just keep telling myself that I WILL be able to taste mint chip ice cream again...someday...in like 2 years.

I know every doctor/nut is different, but Edys makes a no sugar added mint choc chip ice cream that my nut has ok'd in small amounts. And it tastes just like real full sugar ice cream. Even though I love it, I haven't had a problem with keeping it in the house. I usually only eat a few bites at at time, and only if I've gotten all my Protein for the day.

I'm 5 weeks out.

Thank you for posting this! I've been doing the same thing. In just over a week I'm meeting my surgeon to book the date and will probably be having the op at the end of May. Good luck to everyone xx

Hello, my name Alicia I'm new to this sight.. But I can relate to you a lot . I've just been cleared for surgery as well I'm now just anxiously waiting on my insurance approval. But I've gained 11 pounds since I've started this journey and I don't even smoke lol. I just been eating and eating smh Until just recently I've cut back and started exercising.

Scheduled for surgery 4/15..I've been eating like crazy. I also put on 12 lbs..I think it is food funeral. .but it's such an emotional journey. .worrying to death of i'm doing the right thing. Especially having 2 young kids. Plus no support from my family, but in the beginning. .they encouraged to look into it since I have difficulty losing weight despite everything I try. They also see the results of a family friend that had procedure and they see her results. .but once I was all into it, got all my pre testing done. They completely did a 360 turn on me. Saying I'm not that big (243 lbs 5'4)..I have 2 sisters one is 140 lbs & other is 170lbs..and they are both dieting to get smaller. .so I don't know how the heck they don't think I'm big..they like the results friend had with wls, but they think she looks unhealthy and look 15 yrs older. Plus she became upset with getting skinner. And they think I will end up looking unhealthy and look older myself. I know they are concerned with my safety wit surgery. .but a little support would help. .I feel soooo sad and hurt that I can't even talk about it with them. They never ask me about it..couldn't even call them to let them know I got approval. And I'm scheduled for 4/15.. I cry all the time now..I'm just an emotional wreck. .my hubby said he supports me 100%.

I''ve come very far, I've been cleared by NUT,dietician and psychiatry. My paperwork should be submitted on Monday and when I get my approval I should get the date I want. So what's wrong with this picture....I can't stop eating everything. I have gained almost 15lbs since I started this process (1/31/14) and the doctor excused it cause I'm in the process of quitting cigarettes. Ok so I'm not sure if I'm sabotaging or what. I'm extremely worried now because I saw a younger girl who had the sleeve a couple months ago and she was eating chips, pop and candy. I do feel like I'll never get to eat my favorite foods again so I am consuming everything. I need some tips to stop eating everything

You're not alone!

It could be nerves and old habits too. My program had me loose 10 lbs before I could even see the surgeon and I am supposed to keep it off .. plus more.. ahhh.

My first two months of meetings I can remember getting weighed and the NUT said.. Honey you are going the wrong way.. I had gained 10 instead of loose 10. That's when she told me to supplement a meal with a Protein shake. You can do it! Keep positive and ask for help. Theres lots of us here for you!

I am in the same exact boat as you. I'm April 21st. I have 2 little kids too and I wonder if I'm being too selfish.

Edited by Somuch2much

I definitely understand that lonely feeling. If it wasn't for this site I would be lost. My mom just let me know how she really feels. it really hurt that she couldn't put her personal feelings aside just to enjoy the fact That I'm happy. She has the nerve to say when I was your age I did it and exercise worked for me. If that didn't amplify the doubts I have and increase the second guessing I don't know what can. I just decided that I'm going to do this alone and I'm ok with that